Windows 10: USB C type to audio jack is not working

Discus and support USB C type to audio jack is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am Lenovo Ideapad s340 user and I m using a ONCRO® Trending L-Shaped Black Connector, Mobile Gaming Connector, Earphone Audio Jack Adapter USB-Type C... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ishan0jain, May 19, 2021.

1. USB C type to audio jack is not working

I am Lenovo Ideapad s340 user and I m using a ONCRO® Trending L-Shaped Black Connector, Mobile Gaming Connector, Earphone Audio Jack Adapter USB-Type C to 3.5 mm Stereo Converter Compatible for 1 Plus 6t, 7, 7 pro. to use my earphones as my audio jack is not working properly but my laptop is not able to sense ONCRO® Trending L-Shaped Black Connector, Mobile Gaming Connector, Earphone Audio Jack Adapter USB-Type C to 3.5 mm Stereo Converter Compatible for 1 Plus 6t, 7, 7 pro. suggest the solution

:)

ishan0jain, May 19, 2021

2. USB-C type headphones not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This error of Screen flashing/flickering on Windows 10 is usually due to incompatible drivers. The incompatible app, programs or display driver causes the screen to flicker every time when you do your work.

Please help me with the below questions.

1. Have you tried connecting the head phones on different USB ports and different computer?
    2. Have you tried connecting the different head phones on a same device?
    3. What is the make and model of the computer?
    However, you may try the below suggested steps.

Method 1: Make headset as default device

1. Click on Start, type in Control Panel.
    2. Click on Sound, and select Recording tab.
    3. Select your headset as the default device and click on
      OK

Method 2: Run the Audio troubleshooter

1. Click on Start button and then click on Settings icon.
    2. In Settings click on Updates & Security.
    3. Click on Troubleshoot from the left pane and then click on
      Playing Audio and Run the Troubleshooter option in the right pane.
    4. Follow the on screen instructions as the Audio Troubleshooter tries to diagnose and fix sound problems on your computer.

Method 3: Update Audio drivers

1. Click on Start, type in ‘Device manager’.
    2. Under Sound, Video and game controllers, select your sound card.
    3. Click on the Sound card and select driver tab and click on Update driver.
    If the steps didn’t work, try uninstalling your audio driver:

1. Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the audio driver, and select Uninstall.
    2. Restart your device and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    If windows doesn’t find a new driver, look for the one on the device manufacturer’s website.

You may also refer the article Fix USB-C problems, for more troubleshooting
    steps.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 19, 2021
  3. The cable from USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm jack is not working on ASUS Zenbook Pro on Windows 10

Hello!

I want to listen music from my notebook over usbc-3.5mm cable to 3.5mm headphones. And i've tried to connect two cables (one from Huawei and one from China`s noname) to my ASUS Zenbook Pro on Windows 10 and no one are working.

• No devices in Device Manager, no reaction from notebook, no changes in Realtek HD Audio Manager, nothing. The sound is sounds continuously from notebook audio dynamics.
    • I've tested the cable with my phone. The cable is working.
    • I've tested the notebook USB-C port. The port is working.
    • Windows 10 Enterprise has all updates right now
    • Realtek driver is updated

Please help me:

1. What I can do to use this type of cable on Windows 10? Maybe special drivers? May be Microsoft plan to support this kind of cables?
    2. If I should buy special cable for notebook what is the specification of this cable? How to buy right version of the cable?

Cable example - USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm - https://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Adapter-Google-MacBook/dp/B07G7C24MG

Thanks!

Alex In Community, May 19, 2021
  4. USB C type to audio jack is not working

My Audio jack is not working

Hi,

Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue:

Method 1:

Run built in Audio Device troubleshooter

* Press Windows Key then type ‘troubleshoot’ and hit Enter

* Select “View all” on the left panel and run “Playing Audio” troubleshooter from the list and see if it works

Method 2:

Try updating the drivers and check if it helps

a) Open run command by pressing Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes) and hit Enter.

b) Spot and expand the “'Audio inputs and outputs'”.

c). Right click on the “High Definition Audio Device” and select “Update Driver Software”. Once this is done, restart the computer to check the problem fixed.

If there are no update available, download the drivers from the manufacturer’s website and install it on the system by uninstalling the current driver. You can uninstall the driver by following the same steps, and select ‘Uninstall’, instead of selecting the
    “Update Driver Software” from the menu.

refer to the suggestion by Vipin from the following link and check.

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/foru...

Let me know if that helps.

Kind Regards,

Engr. Jamshed Muhammad

JamshedMuhammad Khan, May 19, 2021
Thema:

USB C type to audio jack is not working

1. USB C type to audio jack is not working - Similar Threads - USB type audio

2. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  3. audio jack not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    audio jack not working: Hi! I recently bought a new DELL computer.model: OptiPlex Micro 7010 windows 11The problem is that when I open the device manager and look for audio drivers I just can't find one. It means that my audio jack port does not work. I have already watched some videos and did these...
  4. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  5. USB Type-C Ports Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Type-C Ports Not Working: I have 2 USB Type-C ports on my laptop and both do not work. A couple of days prior to my issue, they were fully functional. I am trying to charge my phone, but there is no detection and no power. I have tested my cable with devices other than my laptop, so I know my cable is...
  6. USB C type headphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB C type headphone not working: Hi, I have huawei anc 3 Type-C which is not working on my Asus laptop. When I insert it, some sign similar to a driver keeps flickering. However, my headphone works perfectly on another Asus laptop. What is the issue here?...
  7. Audio Jack Not Working

Audio Jack Not Working: My audio jack has stopped detecting anything being plugged into it. I've tried four sets of earbuds, all working on my phone, and every time audio still comes out of my laptop speakers instead. I've tried to do everything I could find to fix it and nothing has worked. My...
  8. usb c type

usb c type: im trying to set up a c type usb to hdmi and VGA, when i plug in the usb c type device manager recognises the device but it drops out within a few seconds, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-type/a0c6cae6-a9bf-4f0d-a11d-19620528cd36
  9. The cable from USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm jack is not working on ASUS Zenbook Pro on...

The cable from USB-C (USB Type-C) to audio 3.5mm jack is not working on ASUS Zenbook Pro on...: Hello! I want to listen music from my notebook over usbc-3.5mm cable to 3.5mm headphones. And i've tried to connect two cables (one from Huawei and one from China`s noname) to my ASUS Zenbook Pro on Windows 10 and no one are working. No devices in Device Manager, no...
  10. USB-C type headphones not working

USB-C type headphones not working: These headphones came with the Huawei P20 phone and work fine but, when I connect it via USB-C in my laptop (the port works too) it doesn't do anything. The audio keeps playing fine on the speakers, but when I open the sound configuration menu, both, the input and output...