Windows 10: USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

Discus and support USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MSPaint098, Apr 14, 2020.

1. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

Hi i own a asus g552vw laptop and got an USB-c, USB hub that has a HDMI port i have a Samsung TV using the laptops built in HDMI port as my main and my laptops screen as a second one. When i connect the USB hub and then use the HDMI port all i get on the lg TV is no signal but if connect it to my Samsung phone it can use display out Samsung dex.

Does anyone know how to fix this thanks

submitted by /u/MSPaint098
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MSPaint098, Apr 14, 2020
  2. jmsnyc Win User

Should all USB C support video via HDMI?

I have an HP Desktop from 2016 that has a USB -C port. I am pretty USB-C was relatively new then. The model is HP ENVY Desktop - 750-437cb. This desktop comes with two hdmi ports built in. I wanted a 3rd monitor.
    I have a USB C hub that has an HDMI port . It is a VAVA USB-C Hub Adapter (Model: VA-UC008) .

I can get the HDMI to work with a newer Dell laptop through the hub but can't get it to work with the HP desktop.

Posting here because just want to confirm that the older USB C port does not support it and whether it can be fixed with a driver.

jmsnyc, Apr 14, 2020
  3. HDMI and USB-C ports are not working

Hey John,

No affects on that. Still not connected to second monitor. I am more interested to get HDMI to VGA connection to work, since only using laptops screen at this time. I have tested that monitor works and all the cables are alrigt since i have duplicates and
    they all work with other computer.

I have also posted a question for Asus, but since both USB C and HDMI ports are not working and those used to work before update daily, i think this is software related.

Ostin sitten uuden näytön, Apr 14, 2020
  4. CLY
    cly Win User

USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

USB-C to Display port

Do all USB-C ports support display port? I am thinking of picking up a cheap laptop but want to be able to connect two additional displays if needed. The laptop has an HDMI and a USB-C Gen 1. Ace Aspire R R5. thanks

Thema:

USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working

1. USB-c USB hub with HDMI port not working - Similar Threads - USB USB hub

2. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  3. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  4. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB-C HUB Not Working.

USB-C HUB Not Working.: Hi got a portable USB-C hub that splits the HDMI in two so I can split my screen when connected in two external monitors. The thing is that I plug it, and everything but the screens work. I have plugged a keyboard and a lamp to that hub and it works, I disconnect those two...
  6. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  7. USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely

USB-C Hub to HDMI not working proprely: Hi everyoneI switched USB-C hubs because i kept having audio issues. The old one was a cheap Ali-Express one anyways. So i plugged the new one in, installed the SiliconMotion Driver as instructed and both monitors turned on. HOWEVER! The right screen Philips is completely...
  8. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  9. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  10. USB hub - USB C port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB hub - USB C port not working: I have plugged in USB hub onto USB C port of my Dell laptop with Windows 10. The hub has 1 ethernet port, 2 USBs and a USB C port. All ports work well except USB C.When I connected SSD using USB C - USB C cable, light is blinking in SSD but not getting detected.Using USB to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows allow hdmi through hub