Windows 10: USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work

Discus and support USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I'm trying to connect my laptop with a TV screen through USB-C connecting with an HDMI. My laptop (Asus Zenbook UX330U in Window 10 64-bit) recognizes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jessicachoi0704, Mar 27, 2020.

1. USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work

I'm trying to connect my laptop with a TV screen through USB-C connecting with an HDMI.

My laptop (Asus Zenbook UX330U in Window 10 64-bit) recognizes an USC-C input (proof). However, when I tried to detect the 2nd screen and connect with my TV, my display didn't recognize the 2nd screen (proof).

I have restarted my laptop multiple times, updated the driver and tried troubleshoot but I'm unable to solve the issue.

submitted by /u/jessicachoi0704
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jessicachoi0704, Mar 27, 2020
  2. btarunr Win User

TrendNet Launches New Line of USB Type-C Adapters

TRENDnet, a global leader in reliable SMB and consumer networking solutions, announced today the launch of its USB-C product line. The new line will feature three USB-C adapters for HDMI, VGA, and Gigabit Ethernet. "TRENDnet is committed to developing reliable products to improve user connectivity, and our line of USB-C adapters is designed to keep users up-to-date with the new USB connector standard," said Sonny Su, technology director at TRENDnet. "The new USB-C line allows users to take advantage of improved data transfer speeds and more power, while extending the life of current devices."

The Type-C port and connector are extremely compact and feature a reversible connector orientation. The new USB-C technology and connector support lightning-fast transfer speeds, and feature an increased power output. All TRENDnet USB-C products are conveniently powered by the computer's USB port, and are Windows and Mac compatible.

USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work 78a_thm.jpg

USB-C to HDMI 4K UHD Display Adapter, model TUC-HDMI
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a 4K monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to HDMI connection
    • Max resolution: 3840 x 2160 resolution at 30 Hz
    USB-C to VGA HDTV Adapter, model TUC-VGA
    • Extend or mirror your computer's display to a projector, monitor or HDTV
    • Flawless video with high speed USB Type-C to VGA connection
    • Max resolution: 1920 x 1200 resolution at 60 Hz
    USB-C to Gigabit Adapter, model TUC-ETG
    • Adds a Gigabit Ethernet port to your computer
    • SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Type-C port

btarunr, Mar 27, 2020
  3. USB C to HDMI Adapter not working

Got a Lenovo Yoga 920 earlier this week. Plugged my USB C to HDMI adapter in and it worked for a few minutes and than stopped working.

It is now identifying as a USB 2.0 Billboard Device which I belive means it isn’t configuring Displayport Alternative Mode properly.

Here’s what I’ve tried:

Hitting Windows – P to change project mode.

Going into display settings and detect display.

Checking for Updating graphics driver, USB drivers, check for updates.

Using a different USB C to HDMI adapter, a different TV, and a different cable.

Booting to safe mode with no services running.

Any thoughts for re-configuring the driver?

starrtech2000, Mar 27, 2020
  4. USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work

HDMI and USB-C ports are not working

Hi Robert and John,

I will try that Robert as soon as I understand how. And yes my screen blinks and no affects to other monitor. Just says vga and hmdi are inactive.

And for John. Something got right, since Windows doesn´t anymore say that it doesn´t regocnice USB-C port. But yeah, neither still works and no second screen.

Ostin sitten uuden näytön, Mar 27, 2020
Thema:

USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work

1. USB -C Video Adapter with HDMI doesn't work - Similar Threads - USB Video Adapter

2. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC: Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in...
  3. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC: Upon connecting it a device appears called "USB 2.0 Billboard" and a few seconds later another one appears but this one says Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed Driver Error and all of my drivers are up to date I have tried a lot and nothing seems to be working. A warning in...
  4. USB-C to HDMI Adapter not working with my PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  6. USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working

USB C to HDMI/VGA adapter no longer working: My USB to HDMI was working - I used a adapter and it worked fine and now its not working I have purchased three different USB C to see if was due to that and it's not. none of them work. Every single one gives me the same message 'Display connection might be limited' This was...
  7. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  8. USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work

USB-c to hdmi adapter doesn’t work: I have an Hp pavilion 17 and have tried 2 different usb-c adapters for hdmi to display external monitors and it doesn’t work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-c-to-hdmi-adapter-doesnt-work/24358f4d-77f7-4b11-a65f-0cffa50256fc
  9. Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.

Usb-c to HDMI adapter not working.: I bought a usb-c to HDMI adapter and after I connected it it didn't work. I have the acer nitro 5 an515-52 laptop. I use one HDMI port for my second monitor and I wanted to use the usb-c port to connect my TV. I bought an adapter and always after connecting it it shows me...
  10. MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter

MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter: I have just got a generic USB3-hdmi adapter , I have plugged it in and it is searching for a driver, which the device did not come with , Where can i down load one ? , I have no manufacturer name on the product or the packaging.Device manager recognises it but says there is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. whe i plug in usb adapter for hdmi.it doesnt work

2. USB-C HUB Type-C to HDMI HD TV Adapter change settings on laptop

3. ux330u c-port