Windows 10: USB camera displays as black screen

Discus and support USB camera displays as black screen in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all! I purchased the following product from Amazon: Jiusion USB Microscope I have four computers with the latest version of Windows 10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SagaV9, Apr 14, 2020.

1. SagaV9 Win User

USB camera displays as black screen

Hi all! I purchased the following product from Amazon:

Jiusion USB Microscope

I have four computers with the latest version of Windows 10 and tested the USB microscope on all four. On three, the device worked right after plugging it in. I used the Windows Camera app to test it. However, on the fourth PC< a Lenovo Flex 5 i7 laptop, I get a black screen on the camera app. The app lets me switch between the USB microscope and the laptop's built in camera labeled as "EasyCam" in Device Manager. I get the expected video when the built in camera is selected and a black screen when I select the USB microscope camera.

As inferred in the previous paragraph, I have video camera access permission turned on Settings-Privacy-Camera

Device Manager tells me that the device is working correctly. I have tried removing the driver and restarting the computer. Once I re-connect the USB microscope, Windows re-installs the driver, but I still get the black screen.

I've downloaded the driver from the manufacturer, but this does not fix the issue, and in fact, when the Windows driver driver is installed, I am told that this is the latest and best driver for the device.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? I will continue to explore options and document any that I find here. Thanks for your time and assistance, Saga

:)

SagaV9, Apr 14, 2020
  2. SagaV9 Win User

Hi all! I purchased the following product from Amazon:

Jiusion USB Microscope

I have four computers with the latest version of Windows 10 and tested the USB microscope on all four. On three, the device worked right after plugging it in. I used the Windows Camera app to test it. However, on the fourth PC< a Lenovo Flex 5 i7 laptop,
    I get a black screen on the camera app. The app lets me switch between the USB microscope and the laptop's built in camera (labeled as "EasyCam" in Device Manager). I get the expected video when the built in camera is selected and a black screen when I select
    the USB microscope camera.

As inferred in the previous paragraph, I have video camera access permission turned on (Settings-Privacy-Camera)

Device Manager tells me that the device is working correctly. I have tried removing the driver and restarting the computer. Once I re-connect the USB microscope, Windows re-installs the driver, but I still get the black screen.

I've downloaded the driver from the manufacturer, but this does not fix the issue, and in fact, when the Windows driver driver is installed, I am told that this is the latest and best driver for the device.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this issue? I will continue to explore options and document any that I find here. Thanks for your time and assistance, Saga

SagaV9, May 25, 2020
  3. Issue with black screen, dual display, ATI Integrated GPU

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to go to device manager and disable the display drivers, check whether the issue persists or not.

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the second adapter and click
      Disable.
    • Restart the computer and check whether the issue persists or not.
    • Repeat the same steps to disable the first display adapter and check if it helps.

If you find the issue is with anyone of the display adapters then, I suggest you to update the display drivers from the manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Method 2: I suggest you to follow the steps form the below article for
    “Black Screen” issues and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen problems

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-black-screen-problems

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, May 25, 2020
  4. USB camera displays as black screen

Black screen on asus laptop help please

Laptop running great but I plugged my camera in to upload photos. Message. Usb not recognized. I unplugged the camera and used another usb port. Now I have a black screen and no control. Suggestions? I am guessing the computer screen let the camera take over.

azchristine, May 25, 2020
Thema:

1. USB camera displays as black screen - Similar Threads - USB camera displays

2. MY CAMERA SCREEN IS BLACK

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MY CAMERA SCREEN IS BLACK: camera on black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-camera-screen-is-black/d2969f76-a8aa-49aa-a347-befa288cdd4b
  3. camera screen black

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera screen black: my camera does not appear when i open the app, the screen appears black and if i use a app that requires camera it does the same thing as well. If anyone knows plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-screen-black/296eb911-6bb1-4e01-9dc5-dbf5cd391429
  4. camera screen black

camera screen black: my camera does not appear when i open the app, the screen appears black and if i use a app that requires camera it does the same thing as well. If anyone knows plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-screen-black/296eb911-6bb1-4e01-9dc5-dbf5cd391429
  5. Camera Issues Black screen

Camera Issues Black screen: Hello,I have recently bought a webcam but whenever I use the camera app or any other apps with a camera function it shows a black screen instead. I have tried reading other posts and doing the steps like reinstalling drivers and it still shows a black screen. Does anyone have...
  6. Camera screen black

Camera screen black: Suddenly today when I try to use my integral camera on my Dell PC it is just showing a black screen. The light comes on for the camera and the app opens - the computer thinks it is working normally, it will even take a picture of blackness. I installed software for a slide...
  7. black screen on camera app

black screen on camera app: my camera on my HP laptop is not working - just have a black screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-on-camera-app/6f0e70d8-d3a7-4a28-ad76-49e532c15543
  8. Camera displays black screen only - Win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera displays black screen only - Win 10: Hi. Whenever I open the Camera app, it only displays a black screen. I tried uninstalling the driver and reinstalling it and also restarted the laptop. ALso whenever I give update driver, it shows the latest driver is present. Pls help...
  9. BLACK SCREEN CAMERA

BLACK SCREEN CAMERA: Hi everyone, I have a laptop TOSHIBA SATELLITE P755-S5320 with camera integrated. when I open the camera application to take a picture, it shows a black screen with an error message, as on the picture attached. I tried some research that sent me to the DEVICE MANAGE. But...
  10. Black screen camera

Black screen camera: Hi, when I open the camera application, it shows a black screen. It also doesn't work in applications or websites that require access to the camera. It still doesn't work even though, when turned on, my computer shows the message "Fotocamera attivata", which in Italian means...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb digital microscope software windows 10

2. digital microscope software windows 10

3. windows 10 camera black screen

4. camera black screen windows 10