Windows 10: USB camera that stopped working

Discus and support USB camera that stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have USB camera that stopped working, possibly bad driver but that is beyond me, any ideas? I have gone through the trouble shooter but no luck, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GracianoCervantes Jr, Jan 15, 2021.

1. USB camera that stopped working

I have USB camera that stopped working, possibly bad driver but that is beyond me, any ideas? I have gone through the trouble shooter but no luck, I do not see camera listed on device manager, I do hear it ding with connected.

:)

GracianoCervantes Jr, Jan 15, 2021

2. Camera not working with Skype

Well I can't see one!!!

If I plug in an external USB camera then a camera heading appears in Device Manager and the USB camera is listed. Remove the USB camera and the entire camera section disappears

Cant remember if I said but,for hte avoidance of doubt, the Internal Lenovo camera appears as a selectable camera in Skype, its just that when selected it does not work (black screen)

Rincewindwiz, Jan 15, 2021
  3. camera not working

If you have the camera connected to the computer, I would suggest that you disconnect the camera and then try to open the Camera app.

If the camera app opens, follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + C” from your keyboard to open “Charms bar”.
    • Select “Settings” option.
    • Select “Permissions” option.
    • Turn on “Allow this app to access your: Webcam and Microphone” option.
    • Lose the app by pressing “Alt key + F4” from your keyboard.
    • Reopen the Camera app.
    • Connect your camera and then check how this app works.
    Goodluck!

Gina_on_the_thread, Jan 15, 2021
  4. USB camera that stopped working

ENTO USB Camera

Hi Ralph,

For us to properly install your USB camera, we need to make sure first that the camera is still detected on your computer. Do access your Device Manager and see if the camera is still there. If so, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to help us diagnose and address the problem.

To access Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting once it's up.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and Devices.
    • Click it and follow on-screen instructions.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

USB camera that stopped working

1. USB camera that stopped working - Similar Threads - USB camera stopped

2. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    camera stopped working: The camera stopped working when using zoom and teams https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/08f8c60f-dda6-46f8-922c-fd3525c1986e
  3. camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    camera stopped working: Device can not start the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/834355b6-fc8f-4e3d-9770-04212fbf5005
  4. camera stopped working

camera stopped working: Device can not start the camera https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/834355b6-fc8f-4e3d-9770-04212fbf5005
  5. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera stopped working: I was int he middle of a Zoom meeting when my camera stopped working. Troubleshooting did not work. Any ideas would be helpful. It is giving an error code of 0xA00F244<NoCamerasAreAttached>...
  6. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: I have a lenovo x1 carbon gen 5 the camera turns on but there is no image. we rolled back to a previous restore point we rechecked all camera security settings and made sure they were correct we removed and reinstalled the camera drivers we replaced the camera we...
  7. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera suddenly stopped working and I searched high and low for a fix. After hours of searching, I found it and it was simple. IF YOU'RE USING A RECENT VERSION OF AN HP LAPTOP, CHECK IF YOU'VE GOT A SO-CALLED 'KILL SWITCH.' THAT'S ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE COMPUTER. IF...
  8. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: My camera worked fine a few days ago. Now I get an error that says 'NoCamerasAreAttached'. It is also not listed in Device Manager. What can I do to get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-stopped-working/198c813f-3e65-4b5b-846b-949005894ee7
  9. Camera stopped working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Camera stopped working: The camera on my Lenovo laptop running windows 10 won't work more than three seconds on Skype before it shuts off. It doesn't work at all for any other livestreaming. I have restarted my laptop and searched permissions and settings but can't get the camera working. Any advice...
  10. Camera stopped working

Camera stopped working: [ATTACH] Camera stopped working. Light near the camera lens is turned green. Troubleshooting steps made: Camera privacy setting is turned on. Updated driver in Device Manager/ Cameras/ USB2.0 VGA UVC WebCam, restarted laptop. No “stream.sys” found in Properties/ Driver...