Windows 10: USB camera

Discus and support USB camera in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When attempting to use usb camera I receive error message 0xAooF4271 media capture failed event 0x80070018... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SamNichols1, Feb 9, 2020.

1. USB camera

When attempting to use usb camera I receive error message 0xAooF4271 media capture failed event 0x80070018

:)

SamNichols1, Feb 9, 2020

2. ENTO USB Camera

Hi Ralph,

For us to properly install your USB camera, we need to make sure first that the camera is still detected on your computer. Do access your Device Manager and see if the camera is still there. If so, we suggest that you run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to help us diagnose and address the problem.

To access Hardware and Devices troubleshooter, follow the steps below:

• Press the Windows key, then type in Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting once it's up.
    • On the left panel, click View all.
    • Look for Hardware and Devices.
    • Click it and follow on-screen instructions.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 9, 2020
  3. download pictures or anything with my camera USB PORT ERRORS

Hi John,

To take a closer look, can you send a screenshot of the error you're getting when trying to connect the camera to the computer? What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? Are you able to connect the camera to another computer? Have you tried checking
    all your USB ports? What about using a different cable to connect the camera to the USB port?

In the meantime, I suggest running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically.
    You may refer to the steps below:

1. Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    2. Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    3. Click on Hardware and Devices.
    4. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter can't identify the problem or fix the issue, try reinstalling your USB drivers.

1. Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc to open
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3. Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    4. Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    5. Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Let me know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 9, 2020
  4. USB camera

USB does not recognise my camera

Hi Jean,

An outdated driver may have caused the issue you're experiencing with your camera. To isolate the concern and provide effective troubleshooting steps, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What are the troubleshooting steps that you've tried on your main computer?
    • Are there any error codes or error messages showing under Universal Serial Bus controllers in Device Manager? To go to the
      Device Manager, right-click on the Start menu, then choose it from the list.

For now, we suggest that you run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter which will automatically check and resolve hardware issues. Here are the steps to do so:

• Type Troubleshooting in Cortana, then select it from the list.
    • Click on View All on the top left corner.
    • Select Hardware and Devices from the list, then run the troubleshooter

We look forward to your response.

Angela Pun, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

USB camera

1. USB camera - Similar Threads - USB camera

2. USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs: I have a USB camera and its driver installation files.I also have 4 laptops, all running Windows 10, all 64-based systems, but only on 2 of these laptops is the camera usable.The cameras are from some Chinese manufacturer, and driver files do not seem to be abundantly present...
  3. USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs: I have a USB camera and its driver installation files.I also have 4 laptops, all running Windows 10, all 64-based systems, but only on 2 of these laptops is the camera usable.The cameras are from some Chinese manufacturer, and driver files do not seem to be abundantly present...
  4. USB Camera drivers only works on SOME Windows 10 PCs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have MSUSB video usb to hdmi adapter but he doesnt work at camera?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have MSUSB video usb to hdmi adapter but he doesnt work at camera?: I need help. I bought a MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter and installed a file drive on it. I want to use it for my laptop to connect the laptop as a second monitor to my computer. But in the device manager it appears as MSUSB but for me it should be as a camera drive so it could...
  6. I have MSUSB video usb to hdmi adapter but he doesnt work at camera?

I have MSUSB video usb to hdmi adapter but he doesnt work at camera?: I need help. I bought a MSUSB Video USB-HDMI Adapter and installed a file drive on it. I want to use it for my laptop to connect the laptop as a second monitor to my computer. But in the device manager it appears as MSUSB but for me it should be as a camera drive so it could...
  7. I have MSUSB video usb to hdmi adapter but he doesnt work at camera?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. "Device USB\VID_322E&PID_202C&MI_00\6&19b42eec&0&0000 was started " is showing but camera...

"Device USB\VID_322E&PID_202C&MI_00\6&19b42eec&0&0000 was started " is showing but camera...: Device USB\VID_322E&PID_202C&MI_00\6&19b42eec&0&0000 was started. Driver Name: usbvideo.inf Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f} Service: usbvideo Lower Filters: WdmCompanionFilter Upper Filters: still the camera doesn't work after many restarts...
  9. "Device USB\VID_322E&PID_202C&MI_00\6&19b42eec&0&0000 was started " is showing but camera...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Device USB\VID_322E&PID_202C&MI_00\6&19b42eec&0&0000 was started " is showing but camera...: Device USB\VID_322E&PID_202C&MI_00\6&19b42eec&0&0000 was started. Driver Name: usbvideo.inf Class Guid: {ca3e7ab9-b4c3-4ae6-8251-579ef933890f} Service: usbvideo Lower Filters: WdmCompanionFilter Upper Filters: still the camera doesn't work after many restarts...
  10. Windows thinks "USB Video" capture input device is "Audio" instead of "Camera".

Windows thinks "USB Video" capture input device is "Audio" instead of "Camera".: I am trying to use a USB video capture device on my laptop. Windows finds the device but under Settings...Bluetooth & Other Devices it shows the "USB Video" capture under as "Audio" input only. In the Device Manager it shows the the "USB Video" under Cameras. When I open the...