Windows 10: USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

Discus and support USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated! I bought a 64 gb USB drive to try to give room for my full hard drive, for some reason it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LisaRainer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

Hi anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated! I bought a 64 gb USB drive to try to give room for my full hard drive, for some reason it isn't being recognized to be used? I formatted it for NTSF (sp?) I've looked all over Microsoft for answers and I cant find an answer. It all started when Windows Update for 1803 was trying to install which failed due to full hard drive? I have Windows 10. Also I ran a special program that said I have a missing file. I forget the name right now. A health check and scan ck. Anyway I really don't know what I'm doing. Thank you in advance! Lisa

:)

LisaRainer, Mar 14, 2019

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. Help please.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; have you tried formation the USB hard drive by
    right clicking on the hard drive and select Format?

If you are unable to format the USB through above mentioned steps, then I suggest you to try formation the hard drive using diskpart command and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows key + r, type cmd and hit
    Enter

2) Type diskpart, hit Enter.

3) Type List volume. (List of available drives will get listed).

4) Select Volume (#), #- number of the volume, which assigned to hard drive.

5) Type Format recommended. (It will start formatting your hard drive)

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 14, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

1. USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please? - Similar Threads - USB can't used

2. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  3. I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with FULL Hard Drive - Space ending: I hate to beat this over your head, but I need help. I used the TREEsize software to find out where most of my storage spaced was used. And I have no clue. It says USER folder has the most used space, but when I went to the USER folder, the files are all Windows related and I...
  4. Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason: I partitioned my 1TB Hard Drive into 500-500 GB a very very long time ago. Right now I am noticing that available hard drive space keeps decreasing automatically. I am not copying data. Even there is not any software installed on that disk partition.Help me on this...
  5. Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason

Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason: I partitioned my 1TB Hard Drive into 500-500 GB a very very long time ago. Right now I am noticing that available hard drive space keeps decreasing automatically. I am not copying data. Even there is not any software installed on that disk partition.Help me on this...
  6. Hard Drive space keeps filling for no reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Help please windows os is not on my pc for some reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please windows os is not on my pc for some reason: Just need help android removed it please i dont have a usb or cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-os-is-not-on-my-pc-for-some/f334e9c3-ef91-4c00-bc24-59fded09e994
  8. Help please windows os is not on my pc for some reason

Help please windows os is not on my pc for some reason: Just need help android removed it please i dont have a usb or cd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-please-windows-os-is-not-on-my-pc-for-some/f334e9c3-ef91-4c00-bc24-59fded09e994
  9. Help please windows os is not on my pc for some reason

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Windows 10 Storage Hard Drive Full for no Reason

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Storage Hard Drive Full for no Reason: Hello Everyone thank you in advance for your help. Today I am looking at my hard drive space and saw it was running really low on space, I cleared everything out but my hard drive was still full, I checked what was taking up all my space and it made no sense at all, I found...