Windows 10: USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

Discus and support USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated! I bought a 64 gb USB drive to try to give room for my full hard drive, for some reason it isn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LisaRainer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

Hi anybody who can help would be greatly appreciated! I bought a 64 gb USB drive to try to give room for my full hard drive, for some reason it isn't being recognized to be used? I formatted it for NTSF (sp?) I've looked all over Microsoft for answers and I cant find an answer. It all started when Windows Update for 1803 was trying to install which failed due to full hard drive? I have Windows 10. Also I ran a special program that said I have a missing file. I forget the name right now. A health check and scan ck. Anyway I really don't know what I'm doing. Thank you in advance! Lisa

:)

LisaRainer, Mar 14, 2019

2. Lost space of Pen Drive

Hello,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

• Have you tried connecting to a different computer?
    I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

First back up all the data from your USB drive to another location.

I suggest you to connect the USB flash drive to a different computer and check.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to refresh the drive letter and then try to rescan the drives that are connect to the computer and check.

To refresh drive letter:

• Open Computer Management (Local).
    • In the console tree, click Computer Management (Local), click
      Storage, and then click Disk Management.
    • Click Action, and then click Refresh.
    • Once you have refreshed connect the new zip drive and to update hardware information, click Rescan Disks instead.
    Step 2: For unallocated space on USB drive

• Press the Windows key, and type Diskpart.

• Click the result to open the DiskPart command prompt window.

• In the command prompt window, type list disk and hit Enter.

• The removable USB drive or hard disk will be shown under
      Disk 1.

• Type in the following commands and hit Enter.
    select disk 1

Clean

create partition primary

• The first command selects your removable USB drive.

• The Clean command deletes all the current partitions present on the USB drive.

• The Create primary partition creates a fresh partition and allocates all the unallocated space on this fresh partition.

• Type Exit to close the command prompt window.

• Unplug your USB drive and plug it back again.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Mar 14, 2019
  3. Windows 10 won't recognize Toshiba 3.0 usb external hard drive. Help please.

Hi,

Thanks for sharing your concern on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I like to know; have you tried formation the USB hard drive by
    right clicking on the hard drive and select Format?

If you are unable to format the USB through above mentioned steps, then I suggest you to try formation the hard drive using diskpart command and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps.

1) Press Windows key + r, type cmd and hit
    Enter

2) Type diskpart, hit Enter.

3) Type List volume. (List of available drives will get listed).

4) Select Volume (#), #- number of the volume, which assigned to hard drive.

5) Type Format recommended. (It will start formatting your hard drive)

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Mar 14, 2019
  4. W1zzard Win User

USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Mar 14, 2019
Thema:

USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please?

1. USB can't be used to create space for my full hard drive for some reason?Help Please? - Similar Threads - USB can't used

2. some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive?

in Windows 10 Support
    some hidden files that takes up space on my hard drive?: i have a weird problem. i had 181 gb of free space on one of my partitions on a hard drive but now it says i only have 157 gb of free space. i have downloaded files from google drive and with my bittorrent-klient but those files i saved on another drive. i was thinking that...
  3. my RAM use a lot of space without reason!!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my RAM use a lot of space without reason!!: Hello. my RAM use a lot of space without reason. i cannot found which one of my programs is using this high of memory because it's looks like invisible. this is my Task Manager: http://prntscr.com/ndy15s and this from RamMap: http://prntscr.com/ndy1k1 also this is a...
  4. Hard drive used space varies greatly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive used space varies greatly: Yesterday I had 64gb+ of a 128gb hard drive free and now I have 57 and I have not installed. I have run every cleanup program, command line that I can find and it does not have any effect on it; also cleaned out SoftwareDistribution folder, all upgrade files were removed long...
  5. full hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    full hard drive: i have huge temp files appearing evry few minutes. most are AppXpackaging event logsas a consequence the computer hard drive is full and frozen. It fills up faster than I can delete the files. help there is also a text document referencing...
  6. Please help me save my Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help me save my Hard Drive.: I am somewhat knowledgeable about computers to about an intermediate level. Just enough to get myself into trouble. I don't usually reach out for help but I'm at a critical point and might lose my HD. Long story but I will try to be brief. So I have a Dell 8300 XPS that I...
  7. my hard drive said full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my hard drive said full: the hard drive said full. said to delete apps ,so I did .now nothing opens FILES .WHAT COMES UP IS CAN NOT FINE FILES .?WHAT DO I DO? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-said-full/94016524-5edc-48ab-bc91-99c782c86a8b
  8. Hard Drive Space Used Bar Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hard Drive Space Used Bar Color: Greetings, I am going to abuse your good nature again! I am attempting to create a green theme in Windows 10. I am progressing rather well (background, Start10, explorer windows, etc). I have read a number of resources which show how to change hard drive icons. However,...
  9. Can't defrag this volume for some reason

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Can't defrag this volume for some reason: [img] [img] I am trying to optimize my system performance, by making sure every single drive is defragged, but when I open disk defragmenter and run it for all drives 1 volume cannot be optimized for some reason. I have a 7200 RPM 1TB W.D. Primary for windows and a...
  10. Is there a way to create bootable USB flash drive and use extra space

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there a way to create bootable USB flash drive and use extra space: @, Thank you. What is WinPESE? Is this the name of your Windows Environment with tools? Yes, that is the reference