Windows 10: USB card Code 10

Discus and support USB card Code 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a number of customers who use the StarTech USB card PEXUSB3S25 to run some optical equipment, i beleive that since they have had automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DW0904, Aug 10, 2020.

1. DW0904 Win User

USB card Code 10

I have a number of customers who use the StarTech USB card PEXUSB3S25 to run some optical equipment, i beleive that since they have had automatic updates they have had issues when trying to use the card.

The errors are:-

This device cannot start. Code 10 - {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.

This device cannot start. Code 10 - {Device Timeout}

The specified I/O operation on %hs was not completed before the time-out period expired.

I have uninstalled the card and let the system reload drivers but this has had no effect. I have also been in touch with Startech and they have given me an updated driver which also has no effect.

THis has been working successfully until today.

regards

:)

DW0904, Aug 10, 2020

2. Built in card reader or USB card reader not working

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it fixes the issue.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow these steps to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter:

• Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instruction to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 2: Uninstall and reinstall the driver

I suggest you to try uninstall the Touchpad and USB drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to uninstall the Touchpad and USB drivers
    :

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Right-click on the Touchpad device listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Follow the same steps and Uninstall all items under "Universal Serial Bus controllers".
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Try to access the device manufacturer's website and download and install the latest chipset and touchpad drivers.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Aug 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Aug 10, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

USB card Code 10

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Aug 10, 2020
Thema:

USB card Code 10

1. USB card Code 10 - Similar Threads - USB card Code

2. USB Code 10 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Code 10 error: USB Code 10 error still present after 2 Preview builds updates.only 1 USB port working.This USB issue was present few months ago also.Need fix fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-code-10-error/78591566-855f-432d-9984-242463b90c80
  3. USB Code 10 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Code 10 error: USB Code 10 error still present after 2 Preview builds updates.only 1 USB port working.This USB issue was present few months ago also.Need fix fast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-code-10-error/78591566-855f-432d-9984-242463b90c80
  4. USB WIFI card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB WIFI card: [ATTACH] Today i decided to upgrade from windows 7 to Windows 10.Everything went smoothly except when i opened my pc i wasnt connected to my wifi.After some digging i found out that it wouldnt even read my USB Wifi card.I have tried every single solution found on the...
  5. USB Composite error code 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Composite error code 10: Well, have been a few days trying to make this work, looking in forums and videos but nothing worked. I have an HP Laptop 15-db0xxx brand new, Windows 10 Home edition with AMD Ryzen 3 2200U Processor, 8 GB Ram, bla bla, and everything have been a nightmare to make an Generic...
  6. SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.

SD card cannot start. Error Code 10.: I had bought a mini PC for my mom with Windows 10 Home installed on it. It had a SD card reader. I used a 128GB MicroSD card, which worked fine initially. Then comes Microsoft with their "Update first, ask questions later" policy. After a version update I see that the drive...
  7. When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43

When Connecting USB Card Reader it gets a code 43: When I connect my USB card reader which is a Q7S card reader. Which is this one here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Q7S-Memory-r.../dp/B00F759ZCM When I connect it ti my computer it stops working and in device manager it says Device Descriptor Request Failed and gets a code 43....
  8. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733
  9. Card card showing up as Code 43

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Card card showing up as Code 43: So everything was working fine up until yesterday, then my computer would just crash when I played a game. after the first time I still had both screens being detected, but the second time I lost my secondary monitor. I then went to get the latest drivers but the same...
  10. Adding a USB card

Adding a USB card: I want to add a Inateck PCI-E to USB 3.0 5-Port PCI Express Card, or preferably a Ideapro 7 Port USB 3.0 Internal PCI-E PCI Express Host Controller Expansion Card Adapter with 4 Pin Power Connector. As I need a lot of extra USB sockets, for my GA-F2A88XM-HD3 mobo, however I...