Windows 10: USB CF Card reader

Discus and support USB CF Card reader in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one ,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by timprefume, Aug 31, 2020.

1. USB CF Card reader

I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows sees the usb ports and my external drives but not my reader or card. It has to be a setting or something in one of the updates? I also shut off sall malware and virus scanners .. PLEASE help ! I Been messing with this for DAYS .. OH and it will pick up my camera if I connect straight to it and reads the card fine but its very slow and forces me to bring camera home every night :n

:)

timprefume, Aug 31, 2020
  2. x509 Win User

New USB flash card reader not working--how to troubleshoot Creators

So I recently got an Orico drive bay combination flash card reader and USB port. The USB port works but the CF format card reader does not. I can't even tell from Device Manager if the CF or any of the other format card readers are even detected.

any suggestions for better use of Device Manager or other tools?

Win 10 64 Pro

3. USB card reader - controller errors

If a system reports six drives, then the particular USB mass storage device (which is fully described by OP as "a USB card reader") does report that it can have six independent removable volumes, all at once. Solution to the problem is not to use the "a USB Card reader" that reports that goofy thing.

ADDITION: As per clarification from OP, the "a USB card reader" appears to be some design by a freshman in USB. It looks like a USB compound device (USB hub with embedded controllers) with five media card interfaces/slots, plus a e-SATA port, total six mass-storage devices (MS Slot, CF Slot, SD Slot,Extreme Slot, Micro SD Slot, and M2 Port). Apparently the device declares all six devices as active LUNs, so the system reports them as such, even if no media is inserted. What else is done wrongly in this device would require lengthy investigation for conformance to USB class specifications, so the Windows log will continue to report errors, unless the device is replaced with a corrected one. I would suggest to contact Thermaltake with all your compaints, maybe they have some "filter driver" that swaps the errors under a rug. The Thermaltake idea is right about a big 3.5" bay reader, but the implementation apparently sucks.

Ale..chenski, Aug 31, 2020
  4. x509 Win User

USB CF Card reader

Drive Bay Card Reader that doesn't suck?

This Orico memory card reader doesn't work for CF cards any more. Orico ignored my support emails, so I need to replace it.*Mad

I thought it would be simple to locate an internal card reader that doesn't suck. *sarc But just about all the card readers I found on Amazon, Newegg, and B&H Photo have serious issues, according to the reviewers.

Can someone recommend a card reader that:

• Connects to the motherboard via internal USB 3
    • CF and SD card readers
    • micro SD nice to have
    • Held up well in use
    • 3 1/2" or 5 1/4" format OK
    • black finish
    • customer support that actually responded (if you had a support issue)

I don't need additional USB or eSATA front ports, a headphone jacks, SSD drive mounts, or any other doodads. *Rolleyes

I want to buy something just once and use it for a long time.

Thanks.

Thema:

USB CF Card reader

1. USB CF Card reader - Similar Threads - USB Card reader

2. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED: Hi All,This came up on a previous thread and I have got a solution that works and its a simple one.Firstly some of the back story, ProGrade make fast memory cards for cameras, most popular are their SD and CF Express type B cards, they also sell a very good well built and...
  3. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED: Hi All,This came up on a previous thread and I have got a solution that works and its a simple one.Firstly some of the back story, ProGrade make fast memory cards for cameras, most popular are their SD and CF Express type B cards, they also sell a very good well built and...
  4. Prograde CF Express Type B Card reader issues SOLVED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB and card reader stopped working

USB and card reader stopped working: Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing...
  6. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  7. CF CARD READER

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CF CARD READER: I have a CF card from a canon rebel and I have a ugreen adapter to plug it into the computer but I can't open it, how do I access it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cf-card-reader/1570ed60-6326-48d8-b4ba-0e8cbb10cdd6"
  8. USB card reader keep disconnecting

USB card reader keep disconnecting: Hello! I have a USB card reader that I use with a Micro SD card to record my favorite series from a DVB-T set-top box when at work so I can watch it later. While recording it works OK due probably to the low data rate required. The problem arises when I connect it to my...
  9. Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader: hello, When I was viewing my windows 10 updates I saw some unusual update history of my Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader, (see attachments)I very rarely use this on my Dell Inspiron ONE but thought I would just check it out, and it did of course not work, I tried to find the...
  10. usb card reader?

usb card reader?: i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733