Windows 10: USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Discus and support USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 16, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

WinClub, Dec 16, 2018
  2. Sephalt Win User

USB Composite Device

Plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click Cancel.

The printer cable was working perfectly fine until a few weeks ago. The same problem erupted before but after several minutes on trying to fix it, the printer worked. I am aware that the USB is definitely in a 2.0 port and not a 3.0. Prior to an update (I
    think), the printer worked perfectly fine until the problem appeared. I did not remove or put the wire in any other slot and it suddenly stopped working.

I have tried to update all of the drivers under "Universal Serial Bus Controller" and everything was up to date. I also tried to then put the cable in different ports, yet nothing.

USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0.

Not fixed

If the USB 2.0 device is incompatible with USB 3.0, plugging it into a USB 2.0 port can solve the problem.

Informational

Some USB 2.0 devices are incompatible with USB 3.0. Plugging them into a USB 2.0 port can fix the problem.

Sephalt, Dec 16, 2018
  3. Troubleshooter said :" USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0. How do I get my printer working again?

Hi Linda,

For us to find out what causes your printer to get error message "USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0"

when trying to connect to your computer, we would like to gather more details:

• Have you tried connecting your printer to the USB 2.0 port?
    • Have you also tried reinstalling or downloading a new printer driver?

Meanwhile, you may also consider performing the troubleshooting steps provided in this

article

We look forward to your reply.

Marilou Ser, Dec 16, 2018
  4. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Troubleshooter said :" USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0. How do I get my printer working again?

Printer doesn't work all of a sudden. Error message 45 states my USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB. 3.0. Did Windows update my system somehow and now the printer doesn't work? FRUSTRATING! HELP!

Linda Wales, Dec 16, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0 - Similar Threads - USB Composite Device

2. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  3. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/42985dde-dcb9-499c-9bbf-5d02df68b071
  4. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e
  5. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/7b51f17c-6c42-4e0b-a753-759575d45c58
  6. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/42985dde-dcb9-499c-9bbf-5d02df68b071
  7. "An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port."

"An older USB device might not work properly with a USB 3.0 port.": How can that be fixed without an alternative USB 2.0 port? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-older-usb-device-might-not-work-properly-with-a/b1d26fab-513c-493d-81ad-ecc2c8e84a2e
  8. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  9. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  10. USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: I get this message when trying to use a Brother HL-5040 printer with my new Dell 3470 PC. The printer has worked for some days, then stops working with no known reason that I can identify. It's listed under "printers" but when I send a document to print there's nothing in...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

2. - USB Composite - Misconfigured

3. usb composite misconfigured 5580