Windows 10: USB connected beep when computer boots in desktop

Discus and support USB connected beep when computer boots in desktop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there. When i boot and i see the desktop, i hear a beep as if i connected something. My guess is it recognizes my keyboard since its the time when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Shiroxige, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Shiroxige Win User

USB connected beep when computer boots in desktop

Hi there. When i boot and i see the desktop, i hear a beep as if i connected something. My guess is it recognizes my keyboard since its the time when corsairs software kicks in and gives specific colors to my keyboard. Is it a windows or corsairs things? i would like to disable that beep

:)

Shiroxige, Jul 18, 2020
  2. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Jul 18, 2020
  3. LemP Win User
    Boot up from USB

Older computers were not capable of booting from USB.

On the other hand, some newer computers make it difficult to boot from USB. Many require that a bootable USB device be connected before the computer is powered on. Other suggestions include disabling SecureBoot in the BIOS first and then restarting. For
    more, see the following threads:

If USB is not listed in BIOS as a boot option, does that mean the machine can't boot from USB?

https://www.dell.com/community/Desktops-General-Read-Only/NO-USB-BOOT-OPTION-in-BIOS/td-p/4744612

4. zbook Win User

zbook, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

1. USB connected beep when computer boots in desktop - Similar Threads - USB connected beep

2. Beeping when I switch on my computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Beeping when I switch on my computer.: Hi, I have trouble when I turn on my computer. Every time I press the power button the computer starts beeping which is similar to a SOS beeping pattern. Could you guys please give me some advice for what I should do now? Thanks!...
  3. Beeping when I switch on my computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Beeping when I switch on my computer.: Hi, I have trouble when I turn on my computer. Every time I press the power button the computer starts beeping which is similar to a SOS beeping pattern. Could you guys please give me some advice for what I should do now? Thanks!...
  4. Computer beeps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer beeps: my computer beeps all the time, hoe can I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-beeps/2ea0b102-1646-4c99-a489-62b7a6dc5d23
  5. iPhone6 keeps 'beeping' when connecting to USB port under Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPhone6 keeps 'beeping' when connecting to USB port under Windows 10: Good day, folks. I had no problem to connection my iPhone6 to this PC before, but now may be after a few updates it keeps 'beeping' and the screen switches between '80% charged' and 'Time and date home screen' when I plug the USB cable to my PC. The USB cable and iphone...
  6. Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lagging/beeping when playing a game: Sometimes when I play a game, the computer starts lagging, and I hear a beeping sound over the speakers, like a "boop-boop-boop" kind of sound. This happens until I restart, and won't happen again for a while, until a few weeks later, and I'll have to restart again. How do I...
  7. USB not connected (when it is).

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB not connected (when it is).: Is my HP Photosmart C4280 compatible with Windows 10? Ever since I upgraded from 7 to 10... I no longer have a scanner and cannot upload any pictures from my Apple phone to my computer or print properly. It's all messed up....
  8. USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Wifi For Desktop Computer?: I have an old dell xps 8100 desktop that i have not used for a while. When i did use it, i use it wired with ethernet connected to the modem or router. But the desktop now is going to be located one floor below it and thus cannot be connected wired via ethernet 1. That...
  9. No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen

in Windows 10 Support
    No beeps when starting a computer with a black screen: One of the members at our senior center has a computer that boots up only with a black screen and there aren't any beeps at all: LED lights are on. The owner has a system repair disc and noise can be heard from it spinning but the screen stays black. I recommended to the...
  10. Computer beeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer beeping: I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I find that after sitting for a while, my computer seems to lock up - the screen is black and will not come on, and the computer itself is beeping... Any suggestions as to what may be causing this???? 56553