Windows 10: USB Connected device not found by PC

Discus and support USB Connected device not found by PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey, I recently bought a PS4 controller fro my PC. I tried first to play directly because it apparently should work. However it didn't work for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by krayjZ, Aug 7, 2019.

1. krayjZ Win User

USB Connected device not found by PC

Hey,

I recently bought a PS4 controller fro my PC.

I tried first to play directly because it apparently should work. However it didn't work for me, so I tried downloading a third party service (DS4Windows) and realized when I had that downloaded and installed that it did not find my device.

Some people have it connected under audio devices but that isn't the case for me, I cannot find it anywhere. Not even as an "Unknown device" on my PC. Is there anyway to fix this or is the problem down to the hardware at this point, because I basically tried everything that I could find as a fix for this and yet nothing seems to help me.

I read through this https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2830154/connected-usb-device-is-not-detected-in-windows

But it is only for Windows 8 at highest, and that makes it irrelevant for Windows 10.

Can a system reset fix this problem or sohuld I try with new hardware since I also tried the same cable and controller on my laptop with out success.

Please help me as soon as possible, very much appreciated.

:)

krayjZ, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Dice Vil Win User

unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Device not recognized by Windows 10

Hi Jan,

To isolate the issue, have you tried connecting other devices to your laptop?

If other USB devices connect without a problem, we may need to troubleshoot the USB itself. If not, we suggest that you uninstall the USB controller in Device Manager and check if it helps.

Here are the steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Find Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand it.
    • Right-click the first driver in the list, click Uninstall, and then
      OK.
    • Repeat all the steps for all the drivers in the list.
    • Restart your PC.

Do update us with the outcome.

Patricia Yu, Aug 7, 2019
  4. rogro1958 Win User

No connection with PC suite: USB device not supported'

I got a new C2-02 and connected it to my PC with the USB cable which was in the package. But every time I connect the cable to my phone I got the mesagge 'USB device not supported. Unplug cable'

Therefor I cannot submit my phone to the list of devices in Nolia Suite.

I used different USB ports on my PC, but no luck.

What is the problem here?

rogro1958, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Connected device not found by PC - Similar Threads - USB Connected device

2. USB DEVICE NOT FOUND ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB DEVICE NOT FOUND ON WINDOWS 10: I so I bought an SD card reader to add Software on for my raspberry pi I found that two out of three of my USB 3.0 don't recognise any USB device. I've tried different devices and updating or reinstalling device drivers but I couldn't find a solution. I've even tried to take...
  3. USB DEVICE NOT FOUND ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB DEVICE NOT FOUND ON WINDOWS 10: I so I bought an SD card reader to add Software on for my raspberry pi I found that two out of three of my USB 3.0 don't recognise any USB device. I've tried different devices and updating or reinstalling device drivers but I couldn't find a solution. I've even tried to take...
  4. USB DEVICE NOT FOUND ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. enable usb devices on remote desktop connected pc

in Windows 10 Customization
    enable usb devices on remote desktop connected pc: From the comfortable chair and large monitor on the gaming PC in my bedroom, I wish to sequence a bank of synthesizers which are all connected via a number of USB-MIDI adaptors to the ThinkPad in my living room the next room. I can establish a remote desktop connection ok,...
  6. No boot device found; PC not detecting bootable USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No boot device found; PC not detecting bootable USB: Hi, On March 7, 2020 I was attempting to reset my HP Flyer Red laptop, and a message appeared that said there was an issue resetting the PC. I then tried to go into the Windows Recovery and reset my PC from there. Another message appeared and said there was a problem...
  7. Issues while connecting USB 3.0 device on PC

Issues while connecting USB 3.0 device on PC: My Windows 10 laptop cannot open my USB 3.0 storage device. When I insert it I get the message to please install device. I am a novice but I need help. This is the storage device for my home wifi security system which I am sure is being manipulated. How can I tell if it's is...
  8. usb device will not connect

usb device will not connect: Hello -- I been using an old mp3 player --- it still works -- and its connected to the computer via usb 2.0 I been using it on the same computer now for some time -- it worked with xp, vista, w7 and now with w10 it stopped When I connect the device, I see that its...
  9. Force pc to forget device connected via USB

Force pc to forget device connected via USB: Hi is there anyway to make my pc forget usb device(ipad in this case) so the next time i connect it is as if it is the first time I’ve connected it...
  10. usb device not connected

usb device not connected: USB Sony Walkman Not Connected, how do I connect it in Windows 10 via USB? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-connected/a91a040f-41ef-4d05-819c-15c3c2c479f6