Windows 10: USB connected printer

Discus and support USB connected printer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My USB connected Brother printer has recently stopped printing. Brother thinks that a recent Windows patch has caused this issue with ALL USB connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AliUygur1, Jun 18, 2020.

1. AliUygur1 Win User

USB connected printer

My USB connected Brother printer has recently stopped printing. Brother thinks that a recent Windows patch has caused this issue with ALL USB connected printers. Is there a fix for this issue please.

:)

AliUygur1, Jun 18, 2020

2. connecting laptop to Office jet G55 printer

Hi Luisa,

To help you with your concern regarding the printer, let me suggest you to contact the manufacturer for the steps on how to connect your printer to your computer. Please follow the steps on how to contact the manufacturer:

• The name of the OEM + “contact information”
    • The name of the OEM + “PC support”

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Jun 18, 2020
  3. Printer not connected

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as the printer is not working connected to your PC.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • What is the make and model of the Printer?
    • Did you try connecting the printer on a different USB port or a different PC?
    • What was the KB number of the update installed, prior to this issue?
    • Do you see any yellow exclamation mark in Printer device under Device Manager?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps from this article:

Fix printer connection and printing problems in Windows 10

Also refer the methods as suggested in this article (exclude
    method 1 & 2): Error:
    “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 18, 2020
  4. USB connected printer

Windows 10 + printer connection

Hi murlichatlani,

Have you tried the suggestions on my initial post, in response to the original poster? If you haven't performed any troubleshooting yet, here are a couple of things you can try:

• Power off, and then power on your printer to restart it. Wait for a while for it to be fully ready.
    • Check your printer connection. Check your printer and make sure that it’s connected to your PC network.

If the steps didn't help, you may go through this list of suggestions to fix printer connection in Windows 10.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Aileen Alf, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

USB connected printer

1. USB connected printer - Similar Threads - USB connected printer

2. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...
  3. My Local USB connected printers removed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My Local USB connected printers removed: Hello, Since about two weeks it appears that my local USB Connected printers disappear from the Windows 10 Pro 22H2 Control-panel Devices and printers. They are no longer available. If I restart my PC, one of the printers is back and available. The other printer which is...
  4. USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected: Been over and over this.I start HP printer installer app for HP Officejet All In One 5255Win 10 keeps flashing a 'USB Device Not Recognized' and HP Setup keeps saying 'Printer Not Connected' after I specify USB connection.I have already 'Stopped' Win Sys 32 PRINTER,...
  5. USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected: Been over and over this.I start HP printer installer app for HP Officejet All In One 5255Win 10 keeps flashing a 'USB Device Not Recognized' and HP Setup keeps saying 'Printer Not Connected' after I specify USB connection.I have already 'Stopped' Win Sys 32 PRINTER,...
  6. USB Not Recognized - Printer Not Connected

7. Connect EPSON printer with USB to PC?

Connect EPSON printer with USB to PC?: IMPORTANT: I have an EPSON printer that I want to connect to my PC with a USB-A-USB-C cable (USB A to the printer, USB-C end to the PC) So far so good. But now I want my PC to recognize the printer. When "Adding a local printer" I can't find anything to the USB-C port of...
  8. Asus laptop usb not connecting to Canon printer

Asus laptop usb not connecting to Canon printer: Canon pixma MG 3640 not connecting to laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asus-laptop-usb-not-connecting-to-canon-printer/5cc4469a-a46e-492f-9ddd-b6a310a606e1
  9. Win10 does not see USB Printer connection

Win10 does not see USB Printer connection: HP 1512 all in one printer only has a usb connection (not wireless) It was connected and worked in Win 7 but would not work in Win 10. Win 10 does not recognize the connection during installation. I followed the directions in the printer help, disconnected and...
  10. Connect to Printer either USB or over Network

Connect to Printer either USB or over Network: Can a printer be configured on one PC to connect via USB or Ethernet? We had an issue with our network that prevented connection to either of two printers through the wired or wireless connections. Assuming the appropriate drivers have been installed, can a new configuration...