Windows 10: USB connected webcam not working

Discus and support USB connected webcam not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Nig_MK, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Nig_MK Win User

USB connected webcam not working

Hi all,

I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't find your camera". with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>.

Please advise on how to sort this problem as I have a skype interview tomorrow

:)

Nig_MK, Jun 30, 2020

2. Webcam

Hi Miki,

To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Is the webcam built-in with your laptop or a USB-connected one?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Thank you.

Katrina Men, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Webcam not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue can occur if the camera drivers are not up-to date, your anti-virus may be blocking the camera, or camera app is not installed properly. I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article:
    Camera does not work in Windows 10. You can also refer to the suggestion on HP article:
    HP PCs - Webcam Troubleshooting (Windows 10, 8).

If you need any further assistance, please write back with the following information:

1. What happens when you are trying to access Camera app?
    2. What is the exact error message you are getting?
    3. What is version of Windows 10 that is installed on your device?
    4. Are you using an external webcam? If yes, please help us with the make and model of the webcam.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Jun 30, 2020
  4. USB connected webcam not working

Webcam not working in Windows 10 Pro on Microsoft camera app and not on Skype

Hi,

Since you mentioned that you already reinstalled the driver for your webcam, we suggest that you perform these troubleshooting steps to resolve your concern:

Get back to us with the results of the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

USB connected webcam not working

1. USB connected webcam not working - Similar Threads - USB connected webcam

2. my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.: Dear Microsoft Team,My computer system or driver doesn't work once used USB webcam.could you please fix or give any information solution answer for those matters.Thanks for your kindly assistance and appreciate that.Best Regards,Benny Pardede...
  3. my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.: Dear Microsoft Team,My computer system or driver doesn't work once used USB webcam.could you please fix or give any information solution answer for those matters.Thanks for your kindly assistance and appreciate that.Best Regards,Benny Pardede...
  4. my komputer doesn't work for usb webcam.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB Webcam not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Webcam not working: I was gonna attend my online class and plugged in my USB Webcam. When I plugged in my Webcam, It doesn't work. When I opened my Device Manager, I saw that my Webcam USB Driver isn't showing up. Can you please help me solve this problem?...
  6. USB Webcam not working

USB Webcam not working: Hi, I have a ASUS GL503VM with an integrated webcam but have recently purchased a new one for increased video quality. However, it does not appear to work. The computer reads, shows it installed and says it is ready to work, but the screen is black when in use. Here is...
  7. usb webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb webcam: how to change USB webcam to front facing image, how can I change the settings? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-webcam/2a91ecdf-440c-41c6-83dd-9a947e72c630
  8. USB Webcam not working on Windows 10

USB Webcam not working on Windows 10: The Web cam was installed and discovered on Windows 10 version 1909 Build 18363.778. but Device Manager reports "This device cannot start. Code 10. An invalid parameter was passed to a service or function." The driver software is Microsoft 10.0.18362.693. Attempted "Update...
  9. USB Connection Not Working

USB Connection Not Working: I recently got a cooling board, which connects to my laptop via USB. It's worked great for the past two days, but all of a sudden when I plug it in, my computer continually makes the noise to indicate a USB device is being connected and then disconnected. A little USB symbol...
  10. USB Webcam

USB Webcam: I have a cheap PIAEK and it worked fine until a few days ago. It works but it restarts every few minutes. This happens in all USB ports so I know it is not a port problem. I checked to see if the driver needed to be updated but it was current. If my driver is corrupt, where...