Windows 10: USB Connection error

Discus and support USB Connection error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded some PC parts, and ever since then I've been having an issue where sometimes my USB connections disconnect and reconnect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ThePrestiged123, Jul 4, 2020.

1. USB Connection error

Hello,
    I recently upgraded some PC parts, and ever since then I've been having an issue where sometimes my USB connections disconnect and reconnect. Having to use a wifi adapter, this really inhibits my ability to download large things from the internet. From what I've been able to tell, it tends to happen whenever I'm in the process of downloading large files and/or games, or while doing internet or data heavy activities.
    My previous build was:

AMD Phenom ii x6 1090t Processor
    ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 MOBO

8GB DDR3 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU

After upgrading:
    AMD Ryzen 9 3900x

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F MOBO

32GB DDR4 RAM

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960 GPU

A short-term solution I came across on another forum was to go into the Device Manager and disable the option "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power". It works for a bit, but the issue hasn't been permanently. I also recently updated all of my drivers for the new parts, and have since then gone through all the drivers again to make sure none of them had this option enabled. Any ideas as to what I should do?

Thanks in advance.

:)

ThePrestiged123, Jul 4, 2020

2. The drive is connected with USB but will not Initialize on Windows 10

Hello Moksha,

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB drive on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to the specific drive?

Try few of the below workarounds to identify the cause for the issue:

• Connect the USB drive to different ports and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the port.
    • Connect the USB drive to different computer with different ports to check if the issue persists with the drive or the computer.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates from Windows Updates on your device and check if you are able to access the USB drive.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 4, 2020
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Jul 4, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

USB Connection error

Unable to connect android device to PC using tio micro USB cable

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please reply with the following information to help you further:

• What happens when you connect the Android device to the computer?
    • Do you receive any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?

In the meantime, I suggest you to try connecting the device to a different USB port and see if that helps.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps from Method 3 mentioned in the article

Error: “USB Device not recognized” when you try to access a USB external hard drive

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 4, 2020
Thema:

USB Connection error

1. USB Connection error - Similar Threads - USB Connection error

2. USB error, no USB connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB error, no USB connected: Yesterday, I installed Windows 11 and this morning I kept getting the notification that a USB device was not recognized despite no USB being connected. I tried updating and uninstall/reinstalling them. I uninstalled Windows 11. I reset my entire laptop. Nothing is working....
  3. USB error, no USB connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB error, no USB connected: Yesterday, I installed Windows 11 and this morning I kept getting the notification that a USB device was not recognized despite no USB being connected. I tried updating and uninstall/reinstalling them. I uninstalled Windows 11. I reset my entire laptop. Nothing is working....
  4. USB error, no USB connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. usb connectivity

usb connectivity: when i am connecting usb it shows the last usb you connected is malfunctioned and windows does not recognized it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connectivity/cefd98dc-d8c4-44c7-b1e7-4492c2fa48a3
  6. Windows 10 USB connection Error

Windows 10 USB connection Error: I installed Windows 10 on My ASUS MotherBoard, #@ GB RAM, NVIDIA Graphics Card running I-7 CPU on Nov 25, 2019. Up until today, every thingt functioned perfectly. Today, I was unable to read an SD Card inserted in my USB Card reader. Yesterday, I experienced no problem...
  7. usb connection?

usb connection?: why doesnt my laptop windows 10 recognise any usb connection? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connection/108a0b9a-f527-4db4-a121-7becf0fb2076
  8. usb connection

usb connection: i have connected my andriod phone by usb cable to my new windows 10 laptop but i cannot locate find where i would view devices connected to my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-connection/083dbafb-6994-49be-b7e9-28249b24241d
  9. USB Connection

USB Connection: USB for Panasonic Camera will not connect with Surface Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/usb-connection/5dd90647-faa2-48ba-b1ab-f688d5396591
  10. USB Connections

USB Connections: I have a computer which is 8 years old I want to buy an external SSD HD and have been looking on the internet only to find there are all different types of USB connections eg, Type A, C etc. The question is, which USB connector would I need? RonBin 117246