Windows 10: USB Connection Not Working

Discus and support USB Connection Not Working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently got a cooling board, which connects to my laptop via USB. It's worked great for the past two days, but all of a sudden when I plug it in, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AnnaFeldman, Jun 29, 2019.

1. USB Connection Not Working

I recently got a cooling board, which connects to my laptop via USB. It's worked great for the past two days, but all of a sudden when I plug it in, my computer continually makes the noise to indicate a USB device is being connected and then disconnected. A little USB symbol flashes in my bottom-right taskbar. The cooling board continues to work fine, but the noise is really annoying, and I'm not sure what it's trying to tell me because the symbol is gone just as quickly as it appeared. Is there something suddenly wrong with my USB connection? I've tried plugging the device into multiple USB ports.

:)

AnnaFeldman, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Amit_Sun Win User

USB not working

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

This issue could occur if the flash drive is damage or Windows USB root hub is not working as expected, you can try the troubleshooting steps below to further narrow down to the root cause of the issue.

1. May I know, if the USB is working on another computer?
    2. Which version of Windows is installed on the computer?
    3. Are you aware of any recent changes made on the computer?

I suggest you to check the article
    USB devices may stop functioning correctly when multiple devices connected to the same USB hub go
    into selective suspend
    , follow the steps on this article and check if this helps you.

If you don’t have any data concern, you can
    format the USB from disk manager
    (Applicable for Windows 10), check the topic
    To format an existing partition (volume) from the article, however you will have to perform this steps on your USB drive. So, make sure the USB is connected when you perform the format, please be careful to select the USB drive, if the steps
    is performed on wrong drive the data on the drive will be wiped.

If you still face the issue, please reply to this post with more information.

Regards,

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jun 29, 2019
  3. non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Mala_S Win User

USB Connection Not Working

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

USB Connection Not Working

1. USB Connection Not Working - Similar Threads - USB Connection Working

2. Wifi, USB Connection, are not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi, USB Connection, are not working: I recently upgrad my windows 10 laptop with 120 GB SSD. and then and before i cant access my wifi with all over there i have troboling some of problems like usb device not recogice and wifi not avaible when wifi comes it shows no internet so thas all over my problem so what...
  3. Wifi, USB Connection, are not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi, USB Connection, are not working: I recently upgrad my windows 10 laptop with 120 GB SSD. and then and before i cant access my wifi with all over there i have troboling some of problems like usb device not recogice and wifi not avaible when wifi comes it shows no internet so thas all over my problem so what...
  4. USB-C hub HDMI connection not working

USB-C hub HDMI connection not working: Hi everyoneI just replaced my UDB-C hub because i had persistent audio issues. I went with a Satechi one with two HDMI ports. For it to work I followed the instructions and installed the SiliconMotion driver. The second screen lit up but is weirdly green. See the picture...
  5. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  6. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected: I just recently bought a USB mic from Amazon. Its the fifine a6t. Sounds great and really good for the price. It works perfectly when I'm using my speakers to monitor it or use it with it at the same time. But for some reason, when I turn on my wireless headset Corsair...
  7. USB mic not working when USB headset is plugged in or connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB connected webcam not working

USB connected webcam not working: Hi all, I am unable to use the windows camera app even though my webcam is connected to my desktop via USB. I get the error message saying " We can't find your camera". with error code 0xA00F4244<NoCamerasAreAttached>. Please advise on how to sort this problem as I have...
  9. usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...

usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard...: I am windows10 home user,every time when I use my laptop I am facing this issue, my usb connected mouse right click is stopped working frequently and usb connected keyboard keys also giving same problem.some times it is restored by restarting windows explorer,but some times...
  10. Usb connected scope stopped working

Usb connected scope stopped working: I'm having a strange problem with a USB device. Here is the scenerio: I purchased a new Lenove Ideapad 320 about a week ago as an update to my old Lenovo T500. The T500 runs Windows 10 Pro, while the Ideapad 320 is running Windows 10 Home. Both are 64 bit machines. The USB...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb connection on windows phone not working