Windows 10: USB Connections

Discus and support USB Connections in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a computer which is 8 years old I want to buy an external SSD HD and have been looking on the internet only to find there are all different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by RonBin79, Sep 4, 2018.

1. RonBin79 Win User

USB Connections

I have a computer which is 8 years old I want to buy an external SSD HD and have been looking on the internet only to find there are all different types of USB connections eg, Type A, C etc. The question is, which USB connector would I need?

RonBin

:)

RonBin79, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Arul_D Win User

windows 10 - USB device not recognized... - trying to connect windows phone to windows 10...

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask:

• Did you try connecting the USB to a different USB port?

• What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried?
    Now, as an initial recommendation, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter and check if it identifies any issues.

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device option from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Arul_D, Sep 4, 2018
  3. The drive is connected with USB but will not Initialize on Windows 10

Hello Moksha,

As you are facing issues with accessing the USB drive on your device, we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does this issue confined to the specific drive?

Try few of the below workarounds to identify the cause for the issue:

• Connect the USB drive to different ports and check if it is working fine. This will let us know if the issue is with the port.
    • Connect the USB drive to different computer with different ports to check if the issue persists with the drive or the computer.

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates from Windows Updates on your device and check if you are able to access the USB drive.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Try the above and update us the status of this issue with the required information, we will be happy to help you further.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 4, 2018
  4. thraxed Win User

USB Connections

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 4, 2018
Thema:

USB Connections

1. USB Connections - Similar Threads - USB Connections

2. Connecting Usb Headset

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting Usb Headset: Hi,I can't connect my Lindy Headset to my laptop. When I go into Sound settings, it does not come up in the list to set as a default device. Can you help me?Thanks,Liam....
  3. sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    sharing connection of one usb wifi adapter to another usb wifi adapter: hi so, I am trying to make the following: (idB)USB wifi as Access Point <---WALL---> Windows 10 Pro Laptop <----WALL---> (idA)USB wifi connected to internet idA is an Alfa networks long range wifi adapter idB USB is located 4 meters away from idA USB and two concrete walls in...
  4. USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB 3.0 Gigabit Ethernet adapter not connecting at USB3.0 speeds: I have a usb3 gigabit ethernet adapter connect to the usb3 slot on my laptop but its only connecting at usb 2 speeds.... but when I connect my usb3 lexar flash drive in the same port I do get usb 3 speeds. It appears the ethernet adapter is not connecting to the 'companion...
  5. Device could perform faster if connected to USB 3.0 problem

Device could perform faster if connected to USB 3.0 problem: Hello, I have a problem with one of my devices TP-Link WiFi adapter. So, the problem is that my device is 100% checked connected to a USB 3.0 port on the backside of my desktop PC. The port is a blue one USB 3.0. However, for some reason, I am still getting the message that...
  6. Using a monitor connected to a DynaDock powered USB hub

Using a monitor connected to a DynaDock powered USB hub: This will take some background to properly frame my question, so please bear with me.First off, I live on a boat. Thus, I have some space constraints on where I can put things. I have 3 Intel NUCs a new one with Win 10, and 2 Win 7 ones and a NAS on a wired network. These are...
  7. I am trying to connect music from my PC USB to an amplifier. No sound. Is the music coming...

I am trying to connect music from my PC USB to an amplifier. No sound. Is the music coming...: I am trying to connect music from my PC USB to an amplifier. No sound. Is the music coming out from the PC USB? or only from the loud speakers/head set?...
  8. Connecting USB mixer to Win10 PC

Connecting USB mixer to Win10 PC: Hi.I recently purchased a Rodecater Pro USB mixer.I have connected it to two of my Win 10 laptops without any issue.However when I connect to my PC it doesnt recognise the device. If I go to device manager the the screen constantly refreshes but doesnt show the mixer.I have...
  9. Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB

Portable devices are not being recognized when connected thru USB: Driver Provider: MicrosoftDriver Date: 6/21/2006Driver Version: 10.0.18362.900This device cannot start. Code 10{Access Denied}A process has requested access to an object, but has not been granted those access rights....
  10. VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer.

VCR connected via USB picked up by Device Manager, but not File EXplorer.: I am trying to convert my VHS tapes to Digital/DVD formats using Diamond Multimedia's PowerDirector 12 software. When I connect my Magnavox DVD/VCR Player Model MWD2205 to my Lenovo L340, Windows 10 Laptop using a Component Yellow, Red, White connection via a USB port, and...