Windows 10: USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc.

Discus and support USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It is seen several times that when i switch on my PC, Keyboard and Mouse USB plugged doesn't connect.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SatyaVerma1, May 28, 2021.

1. USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc.

It is seen several times that when i switch on my PC, Keyboard and Mouse USB plugged doesn't connect.

:)

SatyaVerma1, May 28, 2021
  2. Virus-j Win User

PC wont Start Black Screen (keyboard,mouse issue)

Ok.. after reading some of the replys, Some of this has gotten mixed up. So il Sum everything up.

Ok firstly I have Two Pc's One of which i have listed Under my name is System Specs which is Running Windows 7 and My other Pc which is Windows Xp which is the one with the problem Specs are Below.

AMD 245 2.9Ghz
    4GB Team Elite 2x2Gb
    Asrock N68-s Mobo
    160Gb Hard Drive
    550w CIT PSU

Ok For some Reason my Pc Refuses to Start up with a Keyboard and mouse in the Usb port All i get is a black Screen and so far the only way to get the pc in is if i keep Press ANy key on the keyboard and keep clicking on the mouse But this does not always work. I have tried A loads of Different Keyboards Mouses Etc... But none of which Seem to Work.

i have Tried all the Suggestions Given to me wont list them as there are loads now...Lol
    However one of the Suggestions Did kinda work which was to Connect my Keyboard mouse Using a Ps/2 adapter which Seems to be working ok But not fully sometimes it dont want to start up again say 2/10.

Yesterday i Went to a Friend of mine who is Pc Engineer and we connected it up Using His Psu and His microsoft keyboard and Mouse which worked Fine the problem was gone. Please note we done a bench Test Leaving only His Hard drive Connected to the board, He is also running windows Xp Pro ... Thought it Be best to Use Same OS.

But as soon as i Took it Home and tried it again thinking it was ok... I was wrong.

@Scaminatrix : Board was Bought Brand New was in my Windows 7 Rig for a week then i decided to Upgrade My Cpu and Mobo. So I stuck my Old Board and Cpu in this pc (One with the problem)

@Aleksander : Yh Saw the post about this Board. No Doesent have CPU Unlock, USb is enabled in Bios. Erm I have Tried loads of Different Keyboards and Mouses, Trust ,Microsoft, Sumvision about 6 different keyboards mouses i own and about 4 i borrowed from some Friends and the only one that worked was the engineers Microsoft Keyboard and mouse.

@jakeman97 : The Pc In My Specs is My Main Rig (One Running W7) and the one with the problem is my Second Rig which is Running windows Xp and is only really Used for Video Editing and the Ocational Game with a m8t ...Lol

Finger hurt now from typing...LOl

Virus-j, May 28, 2021
  3. keyboard and optical mouse usb

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

• Are you getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps.

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

I suggest you to refer to the following Microsoft article on
    Troubleshooting: Keyboards and check if it helps.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/help/support/troubleshooting/keyboard/common-issues

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 28, 2021
  4. USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc.

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 28, 2021
Thema:

USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc.

1. USB connectivity problem with Keyboard & Mouse when I start my pc. - Similar Threads - USB connectivity problem

2. When playing games I lose USB connection with my keyboard and mouse CONSTANTLY!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When playing games I lose USB connection with my keyboard and mouse CONSTANTLY!: I have owned my computer for a couple of years and this issue has happened sporadically however it has become a MAJOR issue over the last week. I will be playing a game or doing a zoom meeting and my USB devices will start disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again....
  3. When playing games I lose USB connection with my keyboard and mouse CONSTANTLY!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When playing games I lose USB connection with my keyboard and mouse CONSTANTLY!: I have owned my computer for a couple of years and this issue has happened sporadically however it has become a MAJOR issue over the last week. I will be playing a game or doing a zoom meeting and my USB devices will start disconnecting and reconnecting over and over again....
  4. When playing games I lose USB connection with my keyboard and mouse CONSTANTLY!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Windows 10 PC Not Starting when USB Keyboard / Mouse/ pendrive Plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 PC Not Starting when USB Keyboard / Mouse/ pendrive Plugged: My windows 10 PC is stuck on startup LOGO when any of pendrive , Mouse or keyboard is connected. Once you remove them it starts and everything works fine once it starts booting and these peripherals are reconnected. Used a clean reinstall of Windows 10 then also same problem....
  6. Windows 10 PC Not Starting when USB Keyboard / Mouse/ pendrive Plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 PC Not Starting when USB Keyboard / Mouse/ pendrive Plugged: My windows 10 PC is stuck on startup LOGO when any of pendrive , Mouse or keyboard is connected. Once you remove them it starts and everything works fine once it starts booting and these peripherals are reconnected. Used a clean reinstall of Windows 10 then also same problem....
  7. Windows 10 PC Not Starting when USB Keyboard / Mouse/ pendrive Plugged

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with USB mouse and keyboard when laptop is connected to the socket: My problem is a USB keyboard and a mouse. Whenever I plug them in the USB port on my Asus laptop connected to the socket, they won’t work. However when I start this laptop from the battery, the keyboard and the mouse are working without any problems. I check whether this...
  9. Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard (Not USB Connected): After I finished installing Windows 10 to my Windows 7 computer, it began to misbehave and not function correctly. After that, the keyboard and mouse stopped working (The cursor was gone completely). I tried restarting the computer but that didn't work. I am stuck on the...
  10. No Keyboard or Mouse when started

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Keyboard or Mouse when started: Hi on my 4 year old ASUS PC, when the PC is fully booted to the login screen the keyboard and mouse are not functional. When startup begins the both are working, the keyboard can be used to get into BIOS or startup options and the light on the mouse is on, but when...