Windows 10: USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/

Discus and support USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/ in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, About 3 days ago I started hearing the sound of a USB Device connecting then disconnecting over and over again on my Laptop, even though there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by l_turn9, Aug 20, 2019.

1. l_turn9 Win User

USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/

Hello,

About 3 days ago I started hearing the sound of a USB Device connecting then disconnecting over and over again on my Laptop, even though there are no devices plugged into any of my 3 (total) USB Ports. I tried inserting different devices into the Ports but the sound continued. I looked at my System settings and all of the USB said "Device is operating properly".

What should I try next? I have to turn the sound all the way down because the noise is irritating!

Thanks

:)

l_turn9, Aug 20, 2019

2. Device Manager Un-Hiding Hidden Devices

When you connect a plug and play device, Windows Plug and Play manager detects it, finds and installs the driver. Device Manager lists the device with a solid icon.

The driver is only removed when you uninstall the device, not simply by disconnecting the device. When the device is disconnected, its driver is still installed. By default, Device Manager only displays connected devices. When you show hidden devices, note the Bluetooth icon you see is semi-transparent (not opaque). That indicates a "non-present" device. Sometimes also called a "ghost" device. The driver is still installed but the device is not currently detected (i.e. not connected).

Device can be disconnected when
    • Device unplugged (e.g. removing a USB device)
    • Turning a device OFF
    • Disabling the device in BIOS (then windows won't detect it) or
    • Device failure

So
    • Check BIOS as suggested
    • Check board connections
    • Can b/t be turned off by a switch? or keyboard combination?
    Also possible the b/t h/w failed

ComputerGeek, Aug 20, 2019
  3. Remon Ont Win User
    connect/disconnect sounds

Hi,

The issue with connect/disconnect sounds could be due to the following:

• USB hub problem.
    • Loose mouse, keyboard, monitor or USB connector
    • Outdated software drivers
    • Sound settings

We would like to know more information:

• Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you checked if your devices are plugged/connected properly to your computer?
    • Is the issue happening when playing an specific game only?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Aug 20, 2019
  4. USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/

USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Aug 20, 2019
Thema:

USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/

1. USB Connects then disconnects without any device plugged in/ - Similar Threads - USB Connects disconnects

2. USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input: I started having this issue about two weeks ago where the USB devices I have connected to the rear IO of my motherboard will disconnect for a split second, and then reconnect. The real problem is that when they reconnect, I lose all input through them even though they're...
  3. USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Devices Disconnect and Reconnect without Input: I started having this issue about two weeks ago where the USB devices I have connected to the rear IO of my motherboard will disconnect for a split second, and then reconnect. The real problem is that when they reconnect, I lose all input through them even though they're...
  4. USB Plug-in sound NON STOP every 3 seconds, without any USB drive connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Plug-in sound NON STOP every 3 seconds, without any USB drive connected: hi,Since 2 months I had random USB plug-in an out sounds every 30 min-1hour or so. Not much of a problem.But since today, I'm having the windows notification pop-up and sound → USB device not recognizes : "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...
  5. USB Plug-in sound NON STOP every 3 seconds, without any USB drive connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Plug-in sound NON STOP every 3 seconds, without any USB drive connected: hi,Since 2 months I had random USB plug-in an out sounds every 30 min-1hour or so. Not much of a problem.But since today, I'm having the windows notification pop-up and sound → USB device not recognizes : "The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...
  6. USB Plug-in sound NON STOP every 3 seconds, without any USB drive connected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  8. USB devices disconnecting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB devices disconnecting: Hi, since the last update I cannot connect more than one USB evice at the time. Mouse or keyboard or controller or printer. On top of that my computer won't stop or go into sleep mode when I click on these commands in the menu. I've tried to check for update, ask around me...
  9. Unknown USB Device Popup, without connecting any device(constantly) Windows 10

Unknown USB Device Popup, without connecting any device(constantly) Windows 10: Hello, So recently I started to get this uncontrolled popups that Unknown Device was connected and disconnected over and over again. 1. I tried to reinstall USB drivers, unable the USB device and troubleshoot it. 2. Restarted PC multiple times, all updates are installed....
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when pluigged decive into pc it connects the disconnects