Windows 10: USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions

Discus and support USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Afternoon All, After searching the internet for multiple solutions and reading other forum posts here, I have not found a single solution that worked... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Semiauto2, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Semiauto2 Win User

USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions

Afternoon All,

After searching the internet for multiple solutions and reading other forum posts here, I have not found a single solution that worked to fix my constant USB disconnect, and reconnect problem. At this point I'm going to look at a full windows reinstall.

Solutions that I've tried are as follows:

Removing all USB's from their ports even without anything plugged in, it still malfunctioned

Uninstall all USB's in device manager and restarting the pc

Troubleshooting all USB devices via the troubleshooter

Replace the whole motherboard and CPU with new parts

Repairing the USB's

Updating the USB's

Updating Windows

If you have another solution that works, any help is appreciated as my income relies on my ability to not have all my USB devices freeze up every 30 seconds.

Thanks,

Semi

:)

Semiauto2, Jul 9, 2020

2. Windows 10 Pro. Constant USB disconnections

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description USB device is not working on your computer after upgrading to Windows 10. It gets disconnected continuously.

I understand that the USB device is not getting detected by your computer. The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict
    with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your USB controllers may have become unstable or corrupt. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Method 2

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Open Device Manager by pressing Windows key + X and select
      device manager from the list. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    • Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Method 3

The issue could be if the drivers are not updated or get corrupted. So, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the USB
    and mouse drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the manufacturer's website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...5&v2h=win7tab1&v3h=winvistatab1&v4h=winxptab1

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Jul 9, 2020
  3. Cr00zng Win User
    System connects and disconnects USB drives...

Thanks Bree and I do understand that...

The issue is the system keeps disconnecting the USB external drive, reconnects and that time the AV wants to scan the drive again. This goes on in a constant loop until the external drive is disconnected. At times, the explorer window closes if and when the drive is disconnected by the system, it's similar to restarting explorer.

The event viewer shows this error:

Code:
    I should have started with reading the event viewer....

Cr00zng, Jul 9, 2020
  4. mewmew Win User

USB Malfunction

I have Windows 7 64 bit on my ASUS laptop and am having problems with the USB for my ddr mat.

USB headset, mouse, keyboard all work. The DDR mat driver installs and works on other computers and laptops but on my laptop it gives me a driver not found, USB has malfunctioned/damaged. I have tried it in all of the different USB ports on the laptop, nothing works.

Any ideas?

mewmew, Jul 9, 2020
Thema:

1. USB Constant Disconnects and Malfunctions - Similar Threads - USB Constant Disconnects

2. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  3. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.: The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing. In the hidden Icons menu, if I am fast enough, I can click on the USB devices icon to see what is connected. It shows as Generic USB 2 hub, or something similar.In device manager, I cannot see this device, as when it connects...
  4. The USB Disconnect sound is constantly playing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb disconnects constantly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  6. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb disconnects constantly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  7. usb disconnects constantly

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb constant disconnecting/reconnecting: So as the the title says my usb remote control constantly disconnects and reconnects, i have tried every fix mentioned by searching the web to no avail. The OS is windows 10, i know its not the device because when i plug it into my daughter and sons laptops it works fine,...
  9. Constant disconnections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant disconnections: About 2 weeks ago Windows 10 started disconnecting from wifi regularly. The disconnects sometimes happen in quick succession, 30 seconds apart. Other times they hapen every 30 minutes to 2 hours. I am unaware of any changes that have been made in the last 2 weeks to cause...
  10. Constant Disconnects!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Constant Disconnects!: So our family switched to new provider internet (BT Infinity or something) . Everyone in family happy except me. Because i'm the only one who uses PC not laptop. And because I'm using PC i am using Ethernet Cable. My mom and sister uses laptops so they use wireless internet...