Windows 10: USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7.

Discus and support USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have one of these 120VAC Power Strips that have a row of always hot outlets as well as ones for computer peripherals power that a USB connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by arizona480, Jun 1, 2019.

1. USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7.

I have one of these 120VAC Power Strips that have a row of always hot outlets as well as ones for computer peripherals power that a USB connection allows to be shut off when the PC the USB is plugged into is turned off and only on when the PC is on. Great for saving power and even more importantly where I live, unnecessary heat from inactive devices.

It has always worked great with my Windows 7 HP, the PC controlled power devices power up for about 7-10 seconds only on this Windows 10 custom built machine. I set all the power options in both the device manager and the power plans to make sure the USB's are not powered off.

I also noticed the same issue on my Lenovo Yoga Windows 10 laptop that the power strip does the same thing, on for 7-10 seconds. So it looks like a Windows 10 issue? Drivers are current (still old, but the latest), any ideas?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

:)

arizona480, Jun 1, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 1, 2019
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 1, 2019
  4. Mussels Win User

USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7.

1. USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7. - Similar Threads - USB Controlled Power

2. USB ports staying live after power off.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB ports staying live after power off.: Hi.Computer is an Acer Aspire Desktop XC-1760 running windows 11, when I shut the PC down the USB anything plugged into the USB ports are staying on, how do I set the USB ports to shut down when I shut down the computer not sleep mode but power off...
  3. USB ports staying live after power off.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB ports staying live after power off.: Hi.Computer is an Acer Aspire Desktop XC-1760 running windows 11, when I shut the PC down the USB anything plugged into the USB ports are staying on, how do I set the USB ports to shut down when I shut down the computer not sleep mode but power off...
  4. Power A controller for PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power A controller for PC: I have a Power A Spectra Xbox Controller. Now from what I see on the box, I should be able to use it on my PC. However, it is not working on it? This is what I know:1 I have it hooked up to my PC correctly.2 It shows up as Xbox Gaming Device, in my Device Manager. 2a Driver...
  5. Power A controller for PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power A controller for PC: I have a Power A Spectra Xbox Controller. Now from what I see on the box, I should be able to use it on my PC. However, it is not working on it? This is what I know:1 I have it hooked up to my PC correctly.2 It shows up as Xbox Gaming Device, in my Device Manager. 2a Driver...
  6. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  7. Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboards not work on externally powered USB hub, but will work on PC: HelloI am having repeated issues with keyboard usage. I have tried with two different keyboards and encounter the same issues when plugging into the USB hub the PC cannot recognise the device. I have done countless driver uninstalls and restarts, and checked my power...
  8. Power Control PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Power Control PC: when I put my PC with Windows 10 to sleep or turn it off, it keeps turning on. I can turn it off only by power button https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-control-pc/0ebabf09-bcd3-47ab-9460-ca91f0729bef
  9. Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Turning power strip on now turns CPU power light on: Normally when I turn the power strip on in the morning I had to then turn on my CPU separately. For the past week when I turn on the power strip the CPU power button lights up, but I still have a black screen. I still have to press the lighted CPU power button briefly, and...
  10. USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Controlled Power Strip Not Staying on Windows 10 PC's Works on 7.: I have one of these 120VAC Power Strips that have a row of always hot outlets as well as ones for computer peripherals power that a USB connection allows to be shut off when the PC the USB is plugged into is turned off and only on when the PC is on. Great for saving power and...