Windows 10: USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled

Discus and support USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; HP 15 Laptop Windows 10 Home 64-bit Intel Celeron N2840 @2.16 GHz RAM: 4.00 GB 3.89 GB usable 64 bit O/S, 64 bit processor I just purchased a USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hendis1, Jul 12, 2020.

1. hendis1 Win User

USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled

HP 15 Laptop

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

Intel Celeron N2840 @2.16 GHz

RAM: 4.00 GB 3.89 GB usable

64 bit O/S, 64 bit processor

I just purchased a USB device camera, and I need to connect it to my computer via USB. When I plug it into a USB port, I receive no error message, yet the device will not charge and is not recognized in "This PC". Restarting the computer changes nothing.

I opened "Device Manager", selected "Computer", then in the Action menu, "Scan for Hardware Changes". No change was noted.

I downloaded and ran the Microsoft USB Troubleshooter via Major Geeks, and receive the following error messsge: "The USB Controller is either in a failed state or is not installed."

I am unsure of my next steps. How can I fix this problem?

:)

hendis1, Jul 12, 2020

2. This usb controller is in a failed state

Hi,

To further assist you regarding the USB controller, we suggest for you to check this

link
    and follow the steps provided by KomouPoji.

Let us know how it goes.

PreciousLeb, Jul 12, 2020
  3. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

Hello everyone,

Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed.
    All links give the following solution:

1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.
    2) Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    3) Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    4) Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

However, as soon as I uninstall " HUB USB Racine (USB 3.0) " (computer is in french and have no idea how to translate that...), I lose both my keyboard and my mouse. I then forced shut down my computer as I could not do anything...while turning it back on, I could not even type in my password as keyboard/mouse were still not working. I hopefully managed to recover them, by changing the USB Port they were connected to.

However, I still would like to solve this problem...and run the troubleshooter. Any other options?

Thanks a lot

TheBusFlyer, Jul 12, 2020
  4. USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled

This usb controller is in a failed state

Hello Ronald,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Open-the-Hardware-and-Devices-troubleshooter

Method 2:

I suggest you to uninstall the drivers from the device manager and then re-install it.

You may also try to refresh device manager and check if it helps:

a. Click on Start and type “devmgmt.msc” (without quotes), and then Enter. The Device Manager window opens.

b. Click to select your computer as the location for the scan.

c. On the Action menu, click Scan for hardware changes.

d. Close the Device Manager window and restart the computer.

Method 3:

If the issue is not resolved, I would suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers:

a. Click on Start, and then click on
    Run.

b. Type “devmgmt.msc”
    without quotes, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.

c. Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

d. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

e. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Let us know the results.

Anju Thekkethil, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled

1. USB controller is in a failed state or is not nstalled - Similar Threads - USB controller failed

2. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Driver failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-failed/bf6227f7-d6db-4ada-baae-b590943ea76b
  3. USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller failed: USB xHCI Compliant Host Controller Driver failed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-xhci-compliant-host-controller-failed/bf6227f7-d6db-4ada-baae-b590943ea76b
  4. nstall error - 0x80070103

in Windows 10 Gaming
    nstall error - 0x80070103: Installed version 22H2 . Received many updates, All were successfully installed except 8 All pertain to Intel and Real-tech give message error install error - 0x80070103I think remaining are duplicate...
  5. nstall error - 0x80070103

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    nstall error - 0x80070103: Installed version 22H2 . Received many updates, All were successfully installed except 8 All pertain to Intel and Real-tech give message error install error - 0x80070103I think remaining are duplicate...
  6. WinUSB- The USB controller is in a failed state...

WinUSB- The USB controller is in a failed state...: Hi,I was wondering, why does WinUSB give me this error when Im trying to check for usb errors?Everything seems to be ok under device manager and devices all work properly as well. Should I just ignore it?Im using Win10 Pro....
  7. The USB Controller is in a failed state or not currently installed

The USB Controller is in a failed state or not currently installed: My phone can't connect to my Windows 10 computer and the Windows USB Troubleshooter says "The USB Controller is in a failed state or not currently installed. I've tried uninstalling all the USB controllers in Device Manager, including the hidden ones, and rebooting so they...
  8. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed: Hello everyone, Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed. All links give the following solution: 1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens. 2) Expand...
  9. Error: The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error: The USB Controller is in a failed state or is not currently installed: Hello everyone, Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed. All links give the following solution: 1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens. 2) Expand...
  10. The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed

in Windows 10 Support
    The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed: Hello everyone, Was running the USB Troubleshooter and got the following error message: The USB Controller Is In A Failed State Or Is Not Currently Installed. All links give the following solution: 1) Type devmgmt.msc, and then click OK. Device Manager opens. 2) Expand...