Windows 10: USB Controller missing from Device Manager

Discus and support USB Controller missing from Device Manager in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a HP 650 Notebook was trying to transfer all files and reset the full windows so I bought a portable drive. But the problem I found is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by akm baizidur rahman khan, Feb 28, 2021.

1. USB Controller missing from Device Manager

I am using a HP 650 Notebook was trying to transfer all files and reset the full windows so I bought a portable drive.

But the problem I found is USB doesnt work and so I went to device manager to see whether the drives is update and I dont even find any USB controller.

Please help.

Thank you.

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

akm baizidur rahman khan, Feb 28, 2021

2. When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager

Hi,

Since you've mentioned that the USB 3.0 doesn't appear in the Device Manager window. We recommend that you check the BIOS settings your device if the USB 3.0 is enabled. If you've already checked the BIOS settings and found out that it is enabled, we suggest
    that you follow these steps:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Under the View tab, click Show hidden devices.
    • Check Universal Serial Bus controllers if it will show the missing items.

This will show all the hidden devices under Device Manager.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Feb 28, 2021
  3. USB devices have yellow marker in device manager under 'Other devices'

Hi Roger,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• What is the make and model of your devices?

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run hardware and devices troubleshooter and check.

• Press the Windows + X,
      and click on Search.

• Type troubleshooting and select
      Troubleshooting

• Click on Hardware and Sound and select
      Hardware and Devices

• Click on Next to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update USB Controllers.

To update the USB Controllers from Device Manager follow these steps.

• Go to Device manager in control panel.

• Select Device manager and a Device Manager window will pop-up.

• Double Click on USB Controllers to expand.

• Right click on the USB Controllers that is listed and select Update.

I hope the information helps. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you accordingly.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Sher Amo Win User

USB Controller missing from Device Manager

When starting computer Renesas USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 0.96 (Microsoft) and USB 3.0 root hub missing from device manager

Hi,

This can be due to a recent change in the configuration of your device. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you use Device Manager to disable and re-enable all the USB controllers. This lets the controllers recover the USB port from
    its unresponsive condition. The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• In the Search box, type Device Manager and press Enter.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat step 3 for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    • Check the USB device to see whether it is working.

Let us know if the solution above works for you.

Sher Amo, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

USB Controller missing from Device Manager

1. USB Controller missing from Device Manager - Similar Threads - USB Controller missing

2. 1394 Host controller missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1394 Host controller missing from device manager: What has happened? I wanted to capture some videos to my Win 11 Pro PC but Premiere CS6 & 2023 says device offline. Said device being Sony HVR-25E and working well. It has been awhile from the last use of a video editor, therefore can't tell when this started.I have now...
  3. 1394 Host controller missing from device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1394 Host controller missing from device manager: What has happened? I wanted to capture some videos to my Win 11 Pro PC but Premiere CS6 & 2023 says device offline. Said device being Sony HVR-25E and working well. It has been awhile from the last use of a video editor, therefore can't tell when this started.I have now...
  4. Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  5. Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  6. Standard Sata ACHI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager

Standard Sata AHCI Controller Driver missing from Device Manager: Hello, I really hope someone can help with this.I used Outbyte Driver Updater to scan my PC and perform driver updates won't be doing that ever again.... After the driver updates completed, I noticed that my Sata SSD was no longer being read / showing up in the explorer.I can...
  8. Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager

Generic USB Hub missing from Device Manager: Hi, please can someone help with the following? I've attached an external HD to my laptop and although I hear it connecting when I plug it in nothing happens, it does not show on my list of devices on my laptop and when I check the Device Manager I have no Generic USB Hub....
  9. Missing USB device in Device Manager

Missing USB device in Device Manager: I have a dell xps 9365 and there are only 2 type c port. And one is not working any more. I tried to see the changes in device manager when I insert a USB flash drive, but there is nothing happen, even in the hidden divices. Would you please offer me some solutions?...
  10. USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager: A problem has just occurred when I can no longer use my Epson XP-520 printer, as the USB Printer Support is no longer showing in the Device Manager and therefore, unable to install the driver. The only way I can user printer is via the network driver. How do I correct this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. universal serial bus controller missing windows server

2. i cant find USB controller on device manager windows 10