Windows 10: USB Controllers offline after MS Win10 reset

Discus and support USB Controllers offline after MS Win10 reset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just ran a complete Win10 reset reloading everything and removing all personal files. I'm on this laptop now and successfully loaded Win10 and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Richard L579, Oct 8, 2018.

1. USB Controllers offline after MS Win10 reset

I just ran a complete Win10 reset reloading everything and removing all personal files. I'm on this laptop now and successfully loaded Win10 and Office365 but none of the USB ports are working and they show offline in the Device Manager. On further inspection the USB Root HUB is not appearing in the DM either. All the USB ports were operating BEFORE the OS reset.

PC: HP G71 Notebook

Tried doing a driver update for the USB controllers. All USBs are shown as 'UNKNOWN' devices in DM and I get a message stating an error occurred installing the Intel ICH9 Family USB ...Controller - 2934 .

What needs to be done to get the USB subsystem operational again?

:)

Richard L579, Oct 8, 2018

2. Master volume for USB headset not working. Win10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand that the USB Headset audio controller is not working. I will definitely assist you.

This issue may occur due to audio controller is corrupt. Try the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1.

I would suggest you try to connect in different port and check f it helps. If the issue still persist try below method.

Method 2.

I would suggest you to run sound audio troubleshooter, it will automatically detect the problem and fix it. Follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + R and click on Control Panel.
    • Click on View by: category and click on Small icon.
    • Now click on troubleshooting and click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Click on Playing Audio and Click on Next button.

Method 3.

I would suggest you to un-install the audio controller from the Device Manager and check if helps. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows key + R and type devmgmt.msc and hit the Enter.
    • Go into Device Manager and expand Universal Serial Bus controller.
    • And right click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node related to USB headset and remove them at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and then reinstall the USB controllers.

Hope this helps, post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 8, 2018
  3. meebers Win User
    RetailDemo Offline Content?

Was cleaning up my 10162 install using cleanmgr. One option on the list was "RetailDemo Offline Content", it was 100MB. Not sure what this is, before I delete it. Suggestions?

meebers, Oct 8, 2018
  4. USB Controllers offline after MS Win10 reset

windows problems with usb mic

Hi Dave,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to run the Hardware Troubleshooter by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persists.

Method 1:

• Type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.

• Click on troubleshooting, then click on “Hardware and sound”.

• Under Hardware and sound, click on “hardware and devices”.

• A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and your hardware troubleshooting will start.
    Method 2: Disable and re-enable all the
    Universal Serial Bus controllers (USB) controllers.

The USB controllers represent the USB ports in Device Manager.

To disable and re-enable the USB controllers, follow these steps:

• Press Windows key + X, Click on
      Device Manager

• Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click
      Uninstall to remove it.

• Repeat the above step for each USB controller that is listed under Universal Serial Bus controllers.

• Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

USB Controllers offline after MS Win10 reset

1. USB Controllers offline after MS Win10 reset - Similar Threads - USB Controllers offline

2. MS Defender Offline Scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Defender Offline Scan: Has anyone noticed that Offline Scan, at least on my system, gets to about 92-93% complete and then reboots the computer? If it takes xx:xx amount of time to get to 92-93%, during the reboot I know it has not completed the final 7-8%. Shouldn't it go to 100% and THEN reboot?...
  3. ms defender offline scan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    ms defender offline scan: hi, i noticed whenever i do a ms defender offline scan, i dont see the scan results, or i just dont know how i can, can ya pls assist me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/ms-defender-offline-scan/5f2ad0ae-f695-437b-a2e7-a150d3c152a9
  4. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  5. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10: Hi All, I'm having a very strange issue with my controller to PC situation. It will only work with one micro USB cable. I was using the controller the evening before, did not turn the PC off and in the morning the light had turned off and it was unresponsive and no longer...
  6. Xbox controller USB cable problem PC Win10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB Host Controller resetting?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Host Controller resetting?: Due to incompatibility with some hardware I’m trying to sort out, I want to set my USB host controllers back to a default windows one to see if it solves anything. It’s usually set to the AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller in the device manager, but when i try to change...
  8. USB Printer offline after June update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Printer offline after June update: USB Brother MFC-235c disappeared after June update. Printer offline. Printer not visible under settings printers & devices Printer visible under device manager. Tried uninstalling update, restart, removed printer, restart, install printer restart, and all the other...
  9. No control of Win10?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No control of Win10?: Ive come to the realization that in these last few years... windows has become increasingly difficult to control. Ive relatively recently found that with Win10 in particular, i literally have zero control of what my system does. Do you want to turn off updates? Too bad!...
  10. looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    looking for best usb game controller compatible with win10: I have really gotten into Asphalt 8 : Airborne racing game, wondering if playing it on keyboard is holding me back. What is a good usb game controller that is compatible with windows 10? Thanks TC *Smile 21941