Windows 10: USB DAC casuing internet to shut off

Discus and support USB DAC casuing internet to shut off in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I'm going bit crazy. I only recently upgraded to W10 from W8.1. After installing, doing all updates, updating all drivers I still get the same... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harry501501, Jun 3, 2019.

1. USB DAC casuing internet to shut off

Hi, I'm going bit crazy. I only recently upgraded to W10 from W8.1. After installing, doing all updates, updating all drivers I still get the same issue after I use an external USB DAC for sound. It installs fine and when i play the first video I select online say Netflix, Prime, YT the video and audio plays fine... will even play to the end. But if i was to stop watching a video midway thru to either go to another point in the same video OR stop watching to go to another video... every time the internet crashes. Both in ethernet and wifi.

Any help much appreciated as I am an audio enthusiast and rely on DACs for best possible sound when doing reviews or listening to new gear.

:)

harry501501, Jun 3, 2019

2. Windows 10 problem with USB DAC

I have a USB DAC (digital-to-analog converter) that allows me to play music through my speakers.

It has worked fine for a long while but recently it has started to abruptly stop working randomly (over 10 times per day).

I can get it to work again if I:

• Unplug the DAC from usb and immediately replug it in.
    • Disable and them immediately enable the device in the windows "playback devices" window.

I have tried:

• Uninstalling and reinstalling Nvidia high definition sound drivers
    • Disable USB selective suspend setting (this is a PC not a laptop).
    • Troubleshoot sound problems
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: The device is this one:

epiphany-acoustics.co.uk

It is plug and play and I have never installed drivers for it.

lloydchristmas, Jun 3, 2019
  3. kimck99 Win User
    external usb dac

I would like to know when Windows Phones will support external DACs - to bypass the internal phone DAC so I can use an external DAC.

Android phones support his and MS needs to start getting ahead and support better music playback.

kimck99, Jun 3, 2019
  4. USB DAC casuing internet to shut off

external usb dac

The question was in regards to USB DACs, not storage devices. USB DACs take the digital audio from the OS and through a DAC chip convert it to an analog signal as a pre-amp out or headphone out. This requires USB host / audio driver. It seems the answer
    is no.

JasonFowler, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

USB DAC casuing internet to shut off

1. USB DAC casuing internet to shut off - Similar Threads - USB DAC casuing

2. Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 not seeing USB DAC: I have a Geshelli J2 DAC that has worked flawlessly. However, while updating a new monitor's firmware, Windows, for some reason, has stopped recognizing the device altogether. I have restarted the computer multiple times, uninstalled and reinstalled device firmware, and used...
  3. Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Schiit Hel usb DAC not recognized: I have a problem with my Schiit Hel DAC in Windows 10. It does not show up as a device, I can't use it as input nor output. I have tried new cables, different ports, no luck.The device is connected to a tabletop PC, to USB 2.0 ports, as instructed by the manufacturer, on the...
  4. usb auto shut off issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    usb auto shut off issue: how many times do i have to disable this bs option seriously do the win 10 dev staff sit around a table and say how can we screw with our customers today also how to i turn off auto install for this crappy bluetooth that came installed on my desktop...
  5. chrome usb dac issues

chrome usb dac issues: hi all, how come when i open chrome the audio with vlc stops? happens only with the usb dac, not with the integrated? Thank you. 180256
  6. usb dac issues

usb dac issues: hi, I recently bought a usb dac, model lusya fever from aliexpress, when connected to the pc vlc stops when listening to mp3 songs and also when restarting the speakers emit a bump. What can it be ? I deactivated the integrated sound card but nothing, with ubuntu live the...
  7. usb dac not working overnight

usb dac not working overnight: Just bought myself a all-in-one amplifier with usb dac - Audiolab M-One. I used the usb dac for the audio output from my pc. Installed the driver from its official website and the dac worked fine. Then it happened that the other day it will show "device descriptor...
  8. USB audio output to external DAC

USB audio output to external DAC: Hi There, My USB audio driver is constantly dropping. I tried 100 different approach, nothing worked. Please help. Of course Intel NUC is connected to my Sony TV using HDMI and I wish to output audio via USB to my external DAC. Intel NUC8i5 all hardware driver updated...
  9. Viability of a USB DAC?

Viability of a USB DAC?: Hey guys, any audiophiles in here that can help me out? Anyway, for as long as I can remember i've been dissatisfied with the audio that comes out of my computer(s). (PC and laptop) This doesn't change. I've plugged in anything from cheap apple earbuds to C$400 Bose...
  10. Internet connection shuts off automatically

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet connection shuts off automatically: I installed Windows 10 on my alienware machine, if i have 3 or more web pages open, connections shuts off. like its on a metered connection, but it is not. this is driving me crazy need a solution please 2680