Windows 10: USB desktop issues.

Discus and support USB desktop issues. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; System Windows 10 Intel I9-7800x X299 Aorus Gaming 7 Nvidia 2080 Corsair HX 850W Platinum 16 GB DDR4 ram I have 6 Back panel USB slots Two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Atlasideon, Apr 21, 2020.

1. USB desktop issues.

System Windows 10

Intel I9-7800x

X299 Aorus Gaming 7

Nvidia 2080

Corsair HX 850W Platinum

16 GB DDR4 ram

I have 6 Back panel USB slots

Two front Panel USBs

I can only have 4 devices connected in the back and none in the front all plugs are connected internally and power is being received but no signal to the computer itself. For example: if i plug my phone into my computer it begins to charge but no "plugged in device" notification also no device showing up anywhere on the PC does the same with any and all devices I've tried from keyboards, to speakers.

In Device manager no USBs are flagged, all drivers updated, and all power options to get turned off are unchecked so it should stay on no matter what.

:)

Atlasideon, Apr 21, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Apr 22, 2020
  3. Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Jerry8A Win User

USB desktop issues.

Optical Drive Issue

Hello Anak –

Appreciate your detailed return. Your added steps really helped.

Assuming I did the steps correctly, this is where I am now.

Screenshot 12 shows my CD Disc shortcut on my desktop.
    Screenshot 10 shows the CD Drive shortcut listed in the “Send to” listing.
    Screenshot 11 shows the “Send to” listing after the steps were taken, but the CD drive name is not listed.

So, it appears the steps did not work for me. And, I did try the steps, “If it still won’t do ……” and still no luck.

What do you think?

JerryA

USB desktop issues. [​IMG]

Jerry8A, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

USB desktop issues.

1. USB desktop issues. - Similar Threads - USB desktop issues

2. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue: Hi,I purchased an ms sculpt keyboard and mouse set. The dongle was damaged and now it doesn't work. Is there any way to replace the dongle or buy a new dongle? Because the keyboard and mouse work. I just need a new dongle, I can buy it. Can you help with this? I paid 130 €...
  3. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue: Hi,I purchased an ms sculpt keyboard and mouse set. The dongle was damaged and now it doesn't work. Is there any way to replace the dongle or buy a new dongle? Because the keyboard and mouse work. I just need a new dongle, I can buy it. Can you help with this? I paid 130 €...
  4. Microsoft Sculpt Ergonomic Desktop Set USB Dongle Issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB issue: hey,Windows was unable to format my pen drive so I installed a partition software and formatter it, but now when I try to insert some files in it says YOU need permission to perform this action even after giving administrative access....
  6. USB issue

USB issue: Please bear with me I am not very computer literate. My husband uses a USB that he plugs into the printer to import pictures from his camera. Yesterday and today when he plugged it into the printer the screen was going crazy, kind of like flashing around. It showed the site...
  7. USB Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    USB Issues: I have 8 available USB ports, 6 on the back of the computer, 2 on the front. 2 on the back are blue in color and work, plugged in a printer and mouse wireless device. The others are black in color. I previously have had an external hard drive plugged into one of the rear...
  8. USB issues

USB issues: I am an avid audiophile and I just got a new USB DAC (digital to analog converter) for my PC. However, it will not work with windows. It works fine in my phone with an adapter, but, not my PC. When plugged in, windows will not see it. But, when plugged in through a USB hub,...
  9. USB Issue

USB Issue: This may not be the place to ask about this. I have 128GB usb drive for data backup. The drive is bitlockered. When not in use, the drive is stored in a drawer. it is only taken out of the drawer when I want to back up my data. I took the drive out today and put it in my...
  10. USB Issue

USB Issue: Hello, SO I have an issue with my USB currently, I am only accessing it after two week since I was on break, and when I tried to use it on Monday, it wouldn't open. I went a bit further and tried to look for errors, and I found this; + System - Provider [ Name]...