Windows 10: USB Desktop Microphone not working

Discus and support USB Desktop Microphone not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just recently bought a desktop microphone that uses a USB plugin. I was following the instructions to set up the microphone, which said to go to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MgsFan, May 29, 2019.

1. MgsFan Win User

USB Desktop Microphone not working

So I just recently bought a desktop microphone that uses a USB plugin. I was following the instructions to set up the microphone, which said to go to the recording tab under the sound settings in the control panel. My problem is that I am unable to see the microphone. I do know that the microphone does get power when its plugged in because it has a green light that turns on. I also tried using discord to see if it would hear me talking into my microphone and it didn't.

Here is a picture of what I see in the recording tab (the top microphone is not the one I'm trying to get to work).

USB Desktop Microphone not working 52755246-9c60-4164-b265-365ce90caeb5?upload=true.png

:)

MgsFan, May 29, 2019
  2. SLR722 Win User

Strange problem with USB Microphone

I recently snapped off the microphone-end of the line on my Plantronics headset, so instead of getting a whole new headset, I decided to get a Logitech USB Desktop Microphone.

I have a custom build PC that I had built last October which has a Gigabyte P35-DS3R mobo that has like 8 or 10 USB ports and runs Vista Home Prem. 64-bit. No matter which USB port I plug the mic into, and record myself using Windows Sound Recorder, I get crackling in the background.

I thought it might be the unit so I exchanged it for another and still the same thing.

Then I plugged it into a laptop running Vista Home 32-bit and it works just fine.

I thought it might be something interfering with it, like the wireless mouse or speakers or something, so I brought the laptop to the location of the desktop, and put the mic in the same environment, and it still works fine on the laptop.

I've tried leaving nothing else (USB-based) besides the mic plugged in the desktop and still get crackling.

Obviously all the other devices work just fine (wireless mouse, keyboard, mp3 cable, joystick) with the USB ports, but the mic doesn't.

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

SLR722, May 29, 2019
  3. USB headset microphone not working

Hi,

This issue could have happened due to settings of your Microphone. To resolve your issue, we suggest that you check your Microphone is not disabled and set as default. You can follow these steps to check your microphone settings:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.
    • Now, right click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.
    • Select “Microphone” and click on “Properties” and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • You may also check if the microphone that you are using is set as default.

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Anthony Gal, May 29, 2019
  4. James057 Win User

Windows 10 USB Microphone will not find drivers on my desktop

As the title says, I just recently upgraded my work computer to windows 10 from windows 7. None of my microphones work now and are not recognized. I have a dual monitor set up that has webcams and mics on each one plus a USB microphone. Device manager
    shows a exclamation mark beside each.

Steps I've tried

• Plug the USB mic into my wife's Surface Book. It works perfectly. Therefore, it's not the microphone.
    • Plug it into every single USB slot on the computer and USB hubs, no go
    • Disabled USB 3.0 in my bios, no go
    • Run various TroubleShooters with no luck. The recording one just tells me its not plugged in.
    • Buy a new microphone and try that, no go.
    • Spent a day and half on google trying out numerous solutions, none work

I have to have a microphone since I work remote. I do not want to have to revert back to windows 7 just because I can't get a microphone to work.

It's not a fancy microphone, just a Dynex Plug and Play microphone. There are no drivers for it anywhere. I don't understand how my wife's Surface Book running windows 10 can find drivers for it but my desktop PC can't.

Between this and my Lumia 950 giving me all kinds of issues I'm just about done with windows.

[update]

Plugged in my 360 controller and hooked up the headset. The controller works, the headset doesn't.

James057, May 29, 2019
Thema:

1. USB Desktop Microphone not working - Similar Threads - USB Desktop Microphone

2. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  3. USB Microphone is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Microphone is not working: I need help getting my usb microphone to work. I checked the drivers and it says the best drivers are installed. There is nothing wrong with privacy settings.Others microphones usb headphone's mic, built-in are working fineIn input settings, there is no format I can choose....
  4. Desktop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Desktop Microphone not working: My windows laptop microphone stopped working. It won't work on my meetings and zoom, and even Cortana can't hear me. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-microphone-not-working/4891691d-2608-459c-9c2e-f5ca25ac765a
  5. Desktop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Microphone not working: My windows laptop microphone stopped working. It won't work on my meetings and zoom, and even Cortana can't hear me. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-microphone-not-working/4891691d-2608-459c-9c2e-f5ca25ac765a
  6. Desktop Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. USB Microphone not working

USB Microphone not working: Hi , I pluged in my USB microphone it recognized it but i open Zoom or Meet to test the mic but i when i talk i cant hear anything Can someone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-microphone-not-working/3f09a62d-5849-45cb-986a-095caec83f1b
  8. Desktop microphone not working

in Cortana
    Desktop microphone not working: I am using a HP pavilion x360 which is running on windows 10 home.My desktop microphone has stopped working. People cannot hear my voice on various online platforms during meetingsdiscord/microsoft teams/google meet. Cortana cannot hear me. I also tried recording my voice on...
  9. USB Microphone Not Working

USB Microphone Not Working: So, there are probably a billion threads for these kinds of issues, but I haven't found a fix yet. When I try to connect my USB mic, my computer doesn't even detect it. It's like I haven't even plugged it in at all. Please help!...
  10. USB microphone not working

USB microphone not working: My USB microphone was working last time I used it but now that I have it plugged back in it won't pick up any sound/record. I checked privacy settings , sound settings, driver updates, uninstalling, restarting, unplugging, recording settings I have it set as default and I...