Windows 10: USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

Discus and support USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is similar to other questions about SSD drives not recognized by Windows. I was copying files from C:\Users on my old PC to a Verico 256Gig USB... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Al_XB, May 24, 2021.

1. Al_XB Win User

USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

This is similar to other questions about SSD drives not recognized by Windows. I was copying files from C:\Users on my old PC to a Verico 256Gig USB Flash Drive. It must have copied a file that caused the USB Flash Drive to start but it doesn't configure. Instead, immediately after I plug it in I get a

:)

Al_XB, May 24, 2021

2. New SSD detected as Disk 1 but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

Hi,

I have recently purchased a 1TB XPG SX8100 M.2 2280 PCIe SSD to replace my old 256 SSD in my laptop. My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550.

I first want to copy the entirety of my original drive onto the new one and then install the 1TB properly inside the PCIe slot. I have purchased a WavLink USB-C Gen 2 M.2 SSD Enclosure so that I could copy the files onto the 1TB drive. However, plugging
    in the enclosure using USB-C to USB-C I get no new drives showing up in the disk manager at all.

I also tried using USB-C to USB-A. This is what the disk manager looks like when I use that method.
    USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space. aa1b1675-c7b2-4fcc-a52f-34a7003cabc9?upload=true.jpg

Most forums online say to right-click on the new disk (Disk 1) and to format it, but I am only left with the option of "Change Drive Letter and Paths" which does not seem to be helpful.

Using the command prompt, I opened diskpart and this is what happens when I ask for the list of disks:

USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space. 1cb6498d-0c22-4e54-a12e-aa00e5fc30ad?upload=true.jpg

I tried running "clean" on disk 1 and the following prompt was given "Virtual Disk Service error: There is no media in the device."

I have checked all usb drivers and made sure there are up to date and I have restarted the computer many times. I have fully run out of ideas...

Any help would be much appreciated!

Canada1440, May 24, 2021
  3. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since
    the SSD is Disk 1 the Ubuntu install goes directly to Disk 0 because Disk 0 is first on the list. How can I switch the two Disks so my SSD drive is Disk 0? Thanks.

Katie Witkin, May 24, 2021
  4. USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

System Reserved Partition on Disk 1 not Disk 0

The results were the same as before: Windows is installed in a single 477 GB partition on Disk 0 and the System Reserved is in a 500 MB partition on Drive 1. The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated. This is identical to the configuration I had when I asked the
    question.

The Media Creation Tool used to created the install ISO DVD is v. 10.0.14393 downloaded on 12/13/2016.

I followed your instructions:

• I selected Drive 0 and deleted the existing Windows partition.
    • I clicked New and Apply. Windows then formatted Drive 0 as a single primary partition.
    • The existing System Reserved partition was still on Drive 1.
    • So I deleted the System Reserved partition on Drive 1 and the just created Primary partition on Drive 0
    • I then selected Drive 0 and clicked New and Apply again. Same result a single Primary partition on Drive 0. Drive 1 was left unallocated.
    • Upon completion of the install
      • Windows occupies about 15 GB in the only partition on Drive 0
      • The 500 MB System Reserved partition was placed on Drive 1
      • The rest of Drive 1 is unallocated.

How can I get the System Reserved partition to be placed as the Partition 1 on Drive 0 with Windows installed in Partition 2?

Thanks.

Bill

B_Phillips, May 24, 2021
Thema:

USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

1. USB detected as "Disk" AND "Disk 1" but "No Media" and 0 mb space. - Similar Threads - USB detected Disk

2. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  3. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: This laptop supports 2 drives. I recently added a second drive internal and then just had to perform a clean install of windows 11.For some reason it first tried to install on the secondary drive and now the drives numbers are messed up, ie reversed; so I want to do exactly...
  4. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  5. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue: HiAny suggestions on what i can do to rectify storage space issues on this setup would be greatly appreciated. I have all my photos files personal docs etc on disc 1 D: but disc 0 C:is still maxed out....
  6. Disk 0 and disk 1 storage space issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disk Management as Disk 0 and Disk 1: My computer contained an OS Boot C SSD and a regular OEM HDD hard drive. I recently updated my 256GB OEM SSD to a Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB SSD NVMe - M2. After cloning my old OEN SSD using Samsung Data Migration Tool to the new disk, and replacing the old one with the new...
  8. How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, I bought a Desktop it came with M.2 MVME PCIe SSD and HDD . the win10 is in the SSD . But the SSD is listed as disk1 and the HDD listed as disk0 in Disk Management. In general it's functioning OK, but today when I installed the Adata SSD Tool Box for maintenance...
  9. New SSD detected as Disk 1 but "No Media" and 0 mb space.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New SSD detected as Disk 1 but "No Media" and 0 mb space.: Hi, I have recently purchased a 1TB XPG SX8100 M.2 2280 PCIe SSD to replace my old 256 SSD in my laptop. My laptop is a Dell XPS 15 9550. I first want to copy the entirety of my original drive onto the new one and then install the 1TB properly inside the PCIe slot. I have...
  10. switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0

in Windows 10 Customization
    switch disk numbers: I want Disk 0 to be Disk 1 and Disk 1 to be Disk 0: Hi, My computer contained a normal HDD hard drive. I recently upgraded to a SSD. The original HDD is Disk 0 and the new SSD is Disk 1. The windows OS is on Disk 1. I want to dual boot my system with Windows and Ubuntu with both OS being on the SSD. Since the SSD is Disk 1 the...