Windows 10: USB device can't migrate

Discus and support USB device can't migrate in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've updated Windows 10 Home to version 1809. Haven't encountered problems until recently. Every usb device that wasn't installed on my PC prior to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by olaciupa, Mar 4, 2019.

1. olaciupa Win User

USB device can't migrate

I've updated Windows 10 Home to version 1809. Haven't encountered problems until recently. Every usb device that wasn't installed on my PC prior to the update fails to install.

///Device USB\VID_05DC&PID_0300\00027D092247250 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_09DA&PID_000A\6&37af8640&0&3

Class Guid: {745a17a0-74d3-11d0-b6fe-00a0c90f57da}

Location Path: PCIROOT(0)#PCI(1C03)#PCI(0000)#USBROOT(0)#USB(3)

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFF0033

Present: false

/// Device USB\VID_05DC&PID_0300\00027D092247250 failed configuration.

Driver Name: usbstor.inf

Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}

Driver Date: 06/21/2006

Driver Version: 10.0.17763.1

Driver Provider: Microsoft

Driver Section: USBSTOR_BULK.NT

Driver Rank: 0xFF2000

Matching Device Id: USB\Class_08&SubClass_06&Prot_50

Outranked Drivers:

Device Updated: false

Parent Device: USB\VID_8087&PID_0024\5&39bfa129&4&1

I've tried Methods from Microsoft support:

Disable and re-enable the USB controller; Uninstall Universal Serial Bus controllers and restart (that only caused more troubleshooting as my keyboard and mouse stopped responding but restored from backup).

I have no knowledge what's causing it and how to fix it. Can't restore to point in time before the update. Any suggestions? I'd greatly appreciate any help.

:)

olaciupa, Mar 4, 2019

2. usb device not migrated!

Hi all,

I have inserted mp3 player plug and play (philips go gear 2gb) in front panel of CPU, computer is not recognising that, also I cant eject that device ,If forcibly try to removing the device from computer will be suddenly stopping and restarting,( some message
    in blue screen) then I went to device manager and checked in device manager property will shows like this :

Device USB\VID_8087&PID_0024\5&84e1736&1&1 could not be migrated.

Last Device Instance Id: USB\VID_2717&PID_FF10\D449B48E

Class Guid: {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}

Location Path:

Migration Rank: 0xF000FFFFFFFFF130

Present: false

so what can I do now? please suggest me

markandeyaaithal, Mar 4, 2019
  3. USB Printing Support Properties Device not migrated

Hi Keith,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This could be due to the USB driver is outdated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press “Windows key + X”.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

3. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

4. Select
    “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

5. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I would suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

1. Press Windows+R,
    Run box will open.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc”
    without quotes, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.

3. Expand
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

4. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

5. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 4, 2019
  4. Remon Ont Win User

USB device can't migrate

Device could not be migrated....

Hi Henrik,

For us to isolate the issue and better assist you regarding your concern, we would like to ask some additional information:

• Does it happen every time you use video call on Skype?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried updating any drivers?

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps provided by AntonyJose on this

link

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Mar 4, 2019
Thema:

USB device can't migrate

1. USB device can't migrate - Similar Threads - USB device can't

2. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Device not migrated: Following a Windows 10 upgrade I've lost use of one bluetooth soundbar. Here's what I know:There is not a soundbar problem. The soundbar works with my Mac, and with a USB. My Windows 10 troubleshooter says that for that soundbar, "headphones" are not plugged in.The soundbar...
  3. Device Migration

Device Migration: What would prevent a device from being migrated and is this really a problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-migration/4bde4cbb-cc21-411d-bcf5-3b91e98c7f8b
  4. External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated"

External USB Hard Drive "Device not Migrated": Hi I have an external hard disk 4TB in a new external hard drive enclosure which cannot be recognised. I get the Device not Migrated message in Device Manager events tab. Device USBSTOR\Disk&Ven_TO_Exter&Prod_nal_USB_3.0&Rev_0104\2015033100081&0 was not migrated due to...
  5. device not migrated

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    device not migrated: upgrading to win 10 from 7 and keyboard on laptop not working device details show device not migrated how can I fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-not-migrated/2dc0e73f-c92f-4a9e-9be8-f4183679d1f9
  6. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: Hello, After a Windows 10 update today the speakers do not work. In the LG Ultrawide events screen there is this... Device SWD\MMDEVAPI\{0.0.0.00000000}.{d82c1427-b7ce-48fb-9340-1a163a6a7810} was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match. Last Device Instance Id:...
  7. USB device not migrated to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device not migrated to Windows 10: My USB device error is that it is not migrated. I tried all of the things i could find - rename drive letter, uninstall/reinstall, couldn't roll back the driver because it wasn't even an option. There was another piece of advice to create Temp file in my user profile but...
  8. Device not migrated

Device not migrated: I'm connecting a USB disk device to my machine. I've tried updating drivers, using a different USB port and not joy. The message in the events log reads as shown below. Device SCSI\Disk&Ven_JMicron&Prod_Generic\000000 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match....
  9. Device Not Migrated

Device Not Migrated: I have a dell Inspiron 3265 which I am using dual monitors. This has been working ever since I hooked them up. My all-in-one has an hdmi port on the back and I am running an hdmi to dvi cable to the acer monitor for this setup. Again, this has been working since I originally...
  10. Device not migrated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Device not migrated: In device manager, Network Adapters. Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter, it is showing that device not migrated..Tried uninstalling ..[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/device-not-migrated/76728f32-ce35-4123-973e-2bda95e2b01b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. trouble installing drivers windsows 10 n ot migrated partial match

2. device usb\vid_8087&pid_0024\5&39bfa129&1&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.device usb\vid_8087&pid_0024\5&39bfa129&1&1 was not migrated due to partial or ambiguous match.

3. device USB\VID_8087 failed configuration.

4. cant migrate a external usb cd