Windows 10: USB Device Charging Problem

Discus and support USB Device Charging Problem in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently started having an issue charging my Anker Soundcore Life Q20 headphones. I am using an older Dell 620 Desktop that has been updated to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LeeHarder, Jun 24, 2020.

1. LeeHarder Win User

USB Device Charging Problem

I recently started having an issue charging my Anker Soundcore Life Q20 headphones.

I am using an older Dell 620 Desktop that has been updated to Win10 Home.

Previously, I would plug the headphones into a USB port for charging with a micro USB cable without problem.

Now, when connected, the 'USB Device Not Recognized' alert appears, and then disappears after a couple seconds. This happens repeatedly, and will only stop when the headphones are disconnected.

I opened the Device Manager and note that under the USB section, an entry with an error icon appears briefly and then disappears. This also happens repeatedly while the headphones are connected. If I right-click quickly while the entry appears, I can see that the error code 43 A USB port reset request failed is reported while visible. After the entry disappears, the error code 45 device not connected is reported.

I have tried all available USB ports with the same behavior.

I have tried multiple micro-USB cables with the same behavior.

The headphones can be charged on a different Windows 10 computer, or a wall charger, without problems.

I have updated the drivers for all of the usual suspects in the USB connections section of Device Manager. Same behavior.

I have unistalled all of the usual suspects in the USB connections section of Device Manager. After restart, same behavior.

The above 2 attempts done with all devices removed exept for USB keyboard & mouse

I have changed the power management settings on the Root USB entries in Device Manager. Same behavior.

I have performed a Windows Recovery to a date prior to the issue starting. Same behavior.

I am out of ideas on what to try next, and I have not come across anyone experiencing the same behavior on-line.

Please advise me on what I may try next.

Thank You

:)

LeeHarder, Jun 24, 2020

2. Battery Won't Charge Fully

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

USB Device Charging Problem pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2020
  3. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

USB Device Charging Problem pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Jun 24, 2020
  4. USB Device Charging Problem

USB charging

@skaterbuoy

• the particular url u provide is for a usb charging cable
    • though u have got an usb charger cable it is not possible to get each and every phone charge by the cable.
    • the particular phone must have provision for usb charging, in other words the device should have been calibrated for usb charging.
    • examples. Nokia E75 has the provision for usb charging but X6 dosen' have that provision.

chandana99, Jun 24, 2020
Thema:

USB Device Charging Problem

1. USB Device Charging Problem - Similar Threads - USB Device Charging

2. Usb Device Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  3. Usb Device Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb Device Problem: I've been having problems with my usb devices for over a year. This problem first started after an update to windows 10, the wifi constantly reset itself. Errors such as code 10 code 43, device unavailable, were constantly appearing and I could not use wifi. Neither myself...
  4. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  5. Problems with a USB device

Problems with a USB device: I have a Razer Orbweaver that has been working for over two years now, and all of a sudden the last Win update? it stopped. Working with Razer tech support, I have uninstalled the Synapse 2.0 software/drivers, flushed my system of anything Synapse or Razer, re-installed the...
  6. Problems with a USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices

how do i not allow the usb port not the charging port to charge devices: ok idk but it charges for no reason https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-not-allow-the-usb-port-not-the-charging/34354a2a-3c88-4c04-9f2e-8c6ec55cdfc9
  8. Problem with a USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem with a USB device: In Device Manager under Universal Serial Bus Controllers it says "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)". If I double click this entry and chose "View All Events" and then double click the "Error" entry I see the following: Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0001\5&215af1b4&0&13 had...
  9. Charging phone: USB Device not recognized

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Charging phone: USB Device not recognized: I plug my android phone that charges by usb-c cable into the USB port on my pc and it starts charging for approx half a second, then stops. It has always worked before and I'm having difficulty googling an answer. The error message won't pop up anymore but it was saying...
  10. USB devices problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices problem: My USB devices shows up as "unspecified" on the control panel. submitted by /u/Windows10User2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dydp9p/usb_devices_problem/