Windows 10: USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have...

Discus and support USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; can anyone tell me what the problem is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CindyMcNamara, Apr 3, 2019.

1. USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have...

can anyone tell me what the problem is

:)

CindyMcNamara, Apr 3, 2019

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have... :)

zarathustra2012, Apr 3, 2019
  3. Kantastic Win User
    USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Doubt it, MalwareBytes came out clean.

I've tried resetting the BIOS so many times, I'll check to see if the drive shows up in the BIOS in one moment.

You know what, I connected the front header to the 1394 thing until I double checked last night and fixed it. That wasn't before I connected one thumb drive to the front USB port though... NLOGKJSHFVBSKF

The second one isn't working either and I'm 100% positive I didn't connect that one to any port until after I fixed the header.

Kantastic, Apr 3, 2019
  4. USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have...

USB Device malfunctioned

From your last screen shot it looks your Intel 82801G installed correctly. Circled in green.

USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have... [​IMG]

The device Code 45 says the hardware is not connected. Have you reconnected your USB devices?

Caledon Ken, Apr 3, 2019
Thema:

USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have...

1. USB Device connected to my computer has malfunctioned. Don't know what this device is have... - Similar Threads - USB Device connected

2. False "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned" message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    False "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned" message: So today, I started getting a notification saying that "The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned". I haven't plugged anything new in and my other USB devices have been working fine....
  3. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  4. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  5. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

"The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  6. "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The last USB device you connected to the computer malfunctioned": I have a SanDisk 64gb USB drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-last-usb-device-you-connected-to-the-computer/076f4ab1-b768-489a-bc76-edc9d0d93bed
  7. "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...: "USB Device not recognized: The last USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." is appearing in my screen in every 3 seconds. Is there any way to stop it....
  8. "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned": Could this be a near-death keyboard, or bad drivers? My Razer Deathstalker is nearly 6 years old since purchase, and only a week ago it started shutting down (mostly on idle, not mid-work) even before the message pops up. The LEDs light up, but the keys don't do any input....
  9. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: Hi Having issues trying to connect my Samsung Tablet to my HP Laptop. It was working on my desktop PC fine and when I made the switch to laptop I started to get this error. I have tried everything so hoping someone has another solution? Windows 10 Things I have tried: -...
  10. The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...

The last USB device you connected to this computer has malfunctioned and windows doesn't...: Now for me this didn't start happening untill the Windows April update (big download). I have already tried all previous methods for fixing this bug. I've even reset the PC then reinstalled all my software (printer & phone). All my USB ports seem to be working OK but I'm...