Windows 10: USB device connection becomes unstable when a monitor is turned off on a tablet PC

Discus and support USB device connection becomes unstable when a monitor is turned off on a tablet PC in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I'm using PIPO X8, a tablet PC Intel Atom z8350 with Windows 10 ver 1909. When that monitor is automatically turned off in the power saving setting,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Tank2005, Jan 22, 2021.

1. Tank2005 Win User

USB device connection becomes unstable when a monitor is turned off on a tablet PC

I'm using PIPO X8, a tablet PC Intel Atom z8350 with Windows 10 ver 1909.

When that monitor is automatically turned off in the power saving setting, USB devices are disconnected.

I want to use my USB devices even while only the monitor is shut down.

I tried the following method because the USB setting does not exist in the power option on my PC.

Change the value with regedit.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\USB\AutomaticSurpriseRemoval

Run this command on cmd.

powercfg /SETACVALUEINDEX SCHEME_CURRENT 2a737441-1930-4402-8d77-b2bebba308a3 48e6b7a6-50f5-4782-a5d4-53bb8f07e226 0

However, the trouble did not go away.

Is there any other way to solve this problem, or do I need to change the BIOS settings?

:)

Tank2005, Jan 22, 2021
  2. cepcep Win User

Tablet PC with Windows 10 does not see 2nd monitor

hello

trying to connect a large monitor to my windows 10 tablet (Acer) via USB connection

The monitor shows up on devices connected to the Tablet; but not on Windows devices list so I can add it

ideas?

cepcep, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Dice Vil Win User
    unknown device USB

Hi Ali,

In most cases, this issue can be caused by either an unstable/ corrupt USB controller or your computer's drivers need to be updated.

For us to isolate the possibilities, we suggest that you perform the following troubleshooting steps in succeeding order:

• Connect your USB drive to a different port. Alternatively, try to connect it to a different PC.
    • Connect a different USB drive to your PC.
    • Unplug your USB drive and restart your system. Afterwards, plug it in and see if it works. If the same issue occurs, perform a complete shutdown and wait for a few minutes before turning it on again.
    • Update your drivers.

If you find that the USB drive still doesn't work even after performing all these suggestions, this is most likely pointing to a hardware issue. Thus, it would be best to get in touch with your device manufacturer for a thorough check of the device.

If you have any other questions or concerns, feel free to post back and let us know.

Dice Vil, Jan 22, 2021
  4. USB device connection becomes unstable when a monitor is turned off on a tablet PC

Miracast connection drops causes windows to become unstable

Hello, i am trying to use my windows 10 tablet as a second monitor for my pc using miracast (because it's pretty bad) and whenever i drop connection with that tablet PC becomes very unstable to the point, where i need to force reset my pc to do anything
    on it.

any suggestions why this is happening and how can i fix it?

(sorry for my broken english)

Napert‌‌, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

USB device connection becomes unstable when a monitor is turned off on a tablet PC

1. USB device connection becomes unstable when a monitor is turned off on a tablet PC - Similar Threads - USB device connection

2. Monitor turns off and apps becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turns off and apps becomes unresponsive: First of all, I'm not sure what to put as topic, so I apologize if I chose the wrong one.I encountered this problem two days ago, I'm not sure how it started. But usually what happens is that both of my monitors start flickering and ultimately one turns off. After that one...
  3. Monitor turns off and apps becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Monitor turns off and apps becomes unresponsive: First of all, I'm not sure what to put as topic, so I apologize if I chose the wrong one.I encountered this problem two days ago, I'm not sure how it started. But usually what happens is that both of my monitors start flickering and ultimately one turns off. After that one...
  4. Monitor turns off and apps becomes unresponsive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected: Hello!So I have an old samsung monitor that supports only 1440x900 and 60 hz. And one time I stupidly set display settings so that screen 1 turn of when screen 2 old monitor, not pre-built in pc screen is connected. But I hadn't set correct display settings for it so it...
  6. Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outer monitor and pc screen turns off when connected: Hello!So I have an old samsung monitor that supports only 1440x900 and 60 hz. And one time I stupidly set display settings so that screen 1 turn of when screen 2 old monitor, not pre-built in pc screen is connected. But I hadn't set correct display settings for it so it...
  7. Monitor turning off when resetting PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor turning off when resetting PC: I was given a gaming PC. The person who I bought it off of did not factory reset the PC when he sold it. I go to reset the PC but my moniter turns off and it disrupts the resetting process, what do I do?...
  8. Device/usb connect disconnect sound when monitor go to sleep /wakeup or turning off/on!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Device/usb connect disconnect sound when monitor go to sleep /wakeup or turning off/on!: i can't remeber exactly but i think after changing my gpu to rx 580 this problem started to happen to me. when monitor go to sleep or wake or even when turn it off i hear this freaky sound of a device connected or disconnect to pc. my monitor is benq with no speaker or usb...
  9. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...
  10. PC not detecting when monitor turns off

in Windows 10 Support
    PC not detecting when monitor turns off: I have my PC connected to a TCL 4K TV via an Active HDMI cable. Unlike my Mac, which usually detects when an external monitor is off and brings windows to the active display, my PC does not know the difference between when the TV is on or off. So, whenever I want to turn it...