Windows 10: USB device disconnects randomly.

Discus and support USB device disconnects randomly. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a brand new windows 10 computer. I cannot keep my external usb sound card to stay connected. I have searched repeatedly for a solution to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jamescreel1, Nov 2, 2020.

1. USB device disconnects randomly.

I have a brand new windows 10 computer. I cannot keep my external usb sound card to stay connected. I have searched repeatedly for a solution to this from Microsoft. You always give the same generic advice, i.e. update drivers which the OS says are up to date, do a total re-image why on a brand new computer. These seem to be stalling tactics that MS knows are not going to resolve the issue. I suggest that MS is very well aware that there is an unresolved issue that they thus far been unable to fix. I see users repeatedly spinning their wheels trying to get this resolved with no real help from MS. What's the story Microsoft? Really?

:)

jamescreel1, Nov 2, 2020

2. USB device randomly disconnecting

I have a Yamaha MG10XU audio mixer and for the past 3 months the mixer will randomly disconnect and the device manager says "the drivers for this device are not installed (code28). Then I can turn the mixer off and on it will work for a little bit then
    disconnect again.

WilliamPattison, Nov 2, 2020
  3. USB 3.0 randomly disconnecting and reconnecting, not power config

So I have a Surface Pro 3 running Windows 10, and an external USB 3 HDD. If I plug in the HDD, a process will begin. First the drive will appear with the drive letter only, and be unreadable, but in an unusual way. Any software that attempts to interact with it will hang until it either crashes or the drive is disconnected. During this stage the drive may disconnect and reconnect multiple times. If left in for long enough, the drive will finally show up with it's name, and be readable. However it still disconnects and reconnects.

Steps I have tried:

• Disabling the power saving features for all USB devices in Device Manager
    • Reinstalling all USB drivers
    • Testing hard disk on my desktop computer (where it works fine).
    • Powering down the drive for an extended time before trying again

Adrian Smith, Nov 2, 2020
  4. USB device disconnects randomly.

usb keeps disconnecting and reconnecting windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• What is the make model of your system?
    I suggest you to Change the USB power management settings and check.

• Open Device Manager.

• Double-click the type USB to change power management settings.

• Right-click the specific device you want, and then click
      Properties.

• On the Power Management tab, change the power management settings.

I would also suggest you to refer to the suggestion by
    Ashish Sondhi from the following link and check if it helps.

USB devices keeps disconnecting/ reconnecting automatically

Also refer:

• What if a wired device isn't installed properly?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/what-device-isnt-installed-properly

(Note: steps in the above article applies to Windows 10 as well)

Let us know if you have any further query on Windows, we are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

USB device disconnects randomly.

1. USB device disconnects randomly. - Similar Threads - USB device disconnects

2. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  3. USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB devices randomly disconnecting and reconnecting.: Hello everyone,I have recently built a new PC and i'm having issues with devices disconecting and reconnecting randomly.I have no idea what could be causing it.System specs:Ryzen 7 7800X3DAsus Tuf Gaming X670E-Plus Motherboard2x16 Corsair vengance 6400 Mhz RAMA wifi &...
  4. Usb devices randomly disconnect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb devices randomly disconnect: I am having an issue with my USB devices randomly disconnecting. I think it's because of my headphones but I'm not sure. Whenever I disconnect my headphones, the problem is gone. Usually what happens is my headphones randomly disconnect and I have to move the cord around the...
  5. Usb devices randomly disconnect

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb devices randomly disconnect: I am having an issue with my USB devices randomly disconnecting. I think it's because of my headphones but I'm not sure. Whenever I disconnect my headphones, the problem is gone. Usually what happens is my headphones randomly disconnect and I have to move the cord around the...
  6. Usb devices randomly disconnect

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. usb device disconnects randomly

in Windows 10 Customization
    usb device disconnects randomly: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  8. USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB devices randomly disconnect and reconnect: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bigman30685 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikrjsc/usb_devices_randomly_disconnect_and_reconnect/
  9. USB devices disconnecting at Random

USB devices disconnecting at Random: Windows 10 Pro x64 18392.295 Intel I7 7700 Asus G11CD-K (offically what it says in bios on model name) Got some file transfers going from 2 External drives, and some reason my wireless headset keeps losing connection with it's Receiver on rear of the PC, the other items are...
  10. Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.

Random USB Disconnects-reconnects for unknown device.: Hi all, I have a clean install windows 10 home with the specs listed in my profile. Im getting continuous disconnect USB sounds, often multiple times in a row, and the occasional reconnect sound. Ive used a program call USBDeview, and can confidently say it is the top...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yamaha mg10xu driver windows 11 disconnect