Windows 10: USB device driver installation

Discus and support USB device driver installation in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro, 1903, 18362.418 I cannot find a way to install older-than-current drivers. I am trying to change into older drivers for a USB device;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abax2000, Oct 20, 2019.

1. abax2000 Win User

USB device driver installation

Windows 10 pro, 1903, 18362.418

I cannot find a way to install older-than-current drivers.
    I am trying to change into older drivers for a USB device; a Asus USB-AC68 wifi adapter.
    1st try:
    I uninstall the device and then install the Asus provided installation package. Still I end up with the latest driver version (as it seems that it is contained in the windows inbox collection).
    Seems that as soon as the usb device is detected, Windows installs whatever is in the driver repository. And since this is newer, it stays there.
    2nd try:
    Enable the "Local Group Policy" named "Prevent installation of devices not described by other policy settings".
    Now the USB device gets automatically (unsuccessfully) installed under "Other devices" (as 802.11 ac NIC), and any attempt to use the driver installation package fails (and nothing added to Network adapters).

Either a windows bug, or I am missing something.
    !!! HELP !!! please.

:)

abax2000, Oct 20, 2019

2. "An error occurred during the installation of the device: The driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entry." while trying to install USB drivers on Windows 10

Hi Iasha,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue. We appreciate your interest in resolving the issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any yellow exclamatory mark for the drivers on Device Manager?

Let us try the troubleshooting steps below if not yet tried and check if it helps.

Step 1: As a workaround, I suggest you to do the following to detect the issue:

• Connect the hard drive to different port and check if the issue persists.
    • Connect different hard drive to the same port and check.
    • Connect different hard drives to different ports and check.

Step 2: If the device is not detected on your computer try to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 3: I suggest you to contact the device manufacturer's website, download the latest chipset drivers, install them manually and check if it helps.

Installing the latest chipset drivers will help you to install the drivers for USB ports.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install drivers:
    How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of accessing the USB device on your computer for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 20, 2019
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Oct 20, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

USB 2 devices not reading after win 10 upgrade, latest INF driver installed.

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your device. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.
    Method 2: I suggest you to update the USB Drivers.

Try updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Oct 20, 2019
Thema:

1. USB device driver installation - Similar Threads - USB device driver

2. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  3. System Device. No drivers are installed for this device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System Device. No drivers are installed for this device: I have a Lenovo V330 and for the past several months I am having problems at starup before Windows StartI have searched a number of sites and installed some utilities to diagnose hardware drivers. At this tine I am focusing on the System Device: Mobile IntelR Processor Family...
  4. Installation of device drivers

Installation of device drivers: Hello everyone, Actually, I need to install the bluetooth adapter device driver for my 7th generation laptop. Please assist me further.Lenovo Intel I3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-device-drivers/a7188ad1-172b-4641-922e-8af93544f7ea
  5. MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    MTP USB device driver failed to install on Windows 10: [IMG]MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) is a communication protocol that is used to transfer the media and other files between two portable devices or between a computer and a smartphone. To use this communication protocol, you need to install an MTP device driver on your...
  6. Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed

Other Devices - Drivers for this device are not installed: When I access Device Manager>Other devices there is a coprocessor listed with a yellow triangle . When I open the the properties for this coprocessor, the following message is present "The drivers for this device are not installed. Code 28. There are no compatible drivers...
  7. Installing Device Driver

Installing Device Driver: Trying to install a Ben Q Monitor Driver. The instructions state: On your computer, have your driver files extracted into a empty folder. Inside of the Operating System of the Windows 10 System , would a person just use the available point and click tools available in...
  8. PnP USB Audio Device Install Fails - "Unavailable Driver"

PnP USB Audio Device Install Fails - "Unavailable Driver": Trying to install this device on my PC. Sabrent USB External Stereo Sound Adapter for Windows and Mac. Model AU-MMSA. It's supposed to be Plug and Play No Drivers Needed. PC is a Dell Optiplex 7040 running Win 10 Pro, ver. 1909 Build 18363.592 Multiple attempts to install...
  9. USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.

USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.: Hello! Whenever I connect my Yamaha psr-e453 keyboard to my windows 10 pc, it installs the wrong driver automatically. The driver it should install should be a USB midi driver, instead windows installs a USB audio driver, and also shows a yellow triangle in the device...
  10. Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install

Apple Mobile Device USB Driver unable to install: Trying to set up my new iPhone. My current phone is an iPhone 7, my new phone is and iPhone XS. My iTunes recognises my iPhone XS but not my iPhone 7. As I wish to back up my iPhone 7 and restore it to my XS. I have reinstalled iTunes on Windows 64 bit due to issues on the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the driver installation file for this device is missing a necessary entrz