Windows 10: USB Device Install Requested - Windows 10 Pro V.1909

Discus and support USB Device Install Requested - Windows 10 Pro V.1909 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, my name is Matt, I just got a Thrustmaster Tmx Force Feedback racing wheel for Xbox One and PC. \ On first plugin, everything worked fine, the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MattEischens, Dec 13, 2019.

1. USB Device Install Requested - Windows 10 Pro V.1909

Hello, my name is Matt, I just got a Thrustmaster Tmx Force Feedback racing wheel for Xbox One and PC. \

On first plugin, everything worked fine, the xbox guide button and other buttons worked just fine on the computer, bringing up the guides and so fourth. I play some racing games that I couldn't wait to play after getting the drivers and software and messing around there. When I'm done, the light on the guide button of the race wheel is no longer lit and the only thing I can control with the wheel is going through the guide after manually opening it navigating with the d-pad and abxy. I was extremely disappointed that it stopped communicating as a Xbox One controller since I planned on messing around and playing games like Minecraft with the wheel. But now nothing works and in the properties settings of the device it says: "USB Device Install Requested" (and as always the windows driver troubleshoot does next to nothing).

This is not only a problem with this device, it does it with flash drives and xbox one controllers and phones, it just decides to work perfect for a few seconds or minutes then it stops working and requests device install.

:)

MattEischens, Dec 13, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 14, 2019
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Dec 14, 2019
  4. USB Device Install Requested - Windows 10 Pro V.1909

Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

USB Device Install Requested - Windows 10 Pro V.1909

1. USB Device Install Requested - Windows 10 Pro V.1909 - Similar Threads - USB Device Install

2. re-install v. 1909 in windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    re-install v. 1909 in windows 10: I believe my pc problems began with the automatic install of v. 1909 on 1/13/20 and later an automatic install of Edge Chromium. I was not offered pre approval of either. I have an idea that neither was completely. and properly installed at that time. Is it advisable and...
  3. Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909: Like the title says, Hyper-V fails to install on Windows 10 v.1909. [OS build 18363.592] It's a mystery to me, because I successfully installed and used Hyper-V on earlier versions of Windows. Yes, I've got the necessary hardware and BIOS support (I successfully installed and...
  4. Windows 10 Pro v 1909 and Synology Directory Server

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro v 1909 and Synology Directory Server: I just bought a new Windows 10 Pro PC and did all of the updates to version 1909. I have an existing network with 3 PC's connected all Windows 10 Pro and all were upgraded from previous versions to version 1909. I am attempting to connect the new PC I bought to the Domain...
  5. Updating Windows Pro v. 1809 to 1909

Updating Windows Pro v. 1809 to 1909: I get to about 90% and update process freezes. Get Error Code: 0X80070652. What does it mean and what do I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-windows-pro-v-1809-to-1909/61929c3a-ed4f-4f9c-b836-c9102a676729
  6. Windows 10 Pro 1909 breaks all USB devices.

Windows 10 Pro 1909 breaks all USB devices.: Similar to the problem that a previous fall update fixed, all USB devices are turned off when Windows boots to login screen. To solve this I had to interrupt the boot until the recovery environment loaded and uninstall latest feature update. Now I'm stuck with a version...
  7. BSOD every time Hyper-v machines are on, Windows 10 Pro v.1909

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time Hyper-v machines are on, Windows 10 Pro v.1909: BSOD every time Hyper-v machines are turned on, Windows 10 Pro v.1909 crashes, can someone help, I cant find a reason for it and it started since previous windows version update and still persists in 1909. Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version 10.0.19528.1000 AMD64Copyright...
  8. Windows 10 v.1909

Windows 10 v.1909: Just downloaded v1909 to my desktop. Error message: Cannot start MS Outlook. Cannot open the outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The path specified for the file: c:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\*** Email address is removed for privacy...
  9. Windows 1909: Webcam driver USB device descriptor request failed. It is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 1909: Webcam driver USB device descriptor request failed. It is not working: I have just recently pass the 10-days limit of downgrading. In Windows 1909, my laptop webcam become "Unknown USB device (device request descriptor failed)". Already tried uninstalling the driver and system restore (but to not previous feature update, that's unavailable),...
  10. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro: Hello, I run Windows 10 version 1903. For two days now I have desperately tried to install a USB driver to run my programming software for my HAM radio, the driver is provided by the manufacturer (Retevis). However, every time I get the same result: "USB Device not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. device install requested for mouse