Windows 10: USB device is not working

Discus and support USB device is not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; help! my usb is not recognize in windows but device status says its working properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jaclynne, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Jaclynne Win User

USB device is not working

help! my usb is not recognize in windows but device status says its working properly

:)

Jaclynne, Jun 3, 2020
  2. veldthui Win User

USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, Jun 4, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB Devices Don't Work Properly After Restart

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: I suggest you to updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 4, 2020
  4. USB device is not working

USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

USB device is not working

1. USB device is not working - Similar Threads - USB device working

2. USB device does not work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device does not work.: Hi. I have a problem with my Imation 8GB usb drive. I was copying some files to it and it suddenly stopped working. I tried troubleshooting but it didn't work. I also tried updating the driver but it did not work either. the usb drive does not show up in Disk management or in...
  3. USB device does not work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device does not work.: Hi. I have a problem with my Imation 8GB usb drive. I was copying some files to it and it suddenly stopped working. I tried troubleshooting but it didn't work. I also tried updating the driver but it did not work either. the usb drive does not show up in Disk management or in...
  4. USB device does not work.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB devices is not working

USB devices is not working: Dear Sir, as my attached keyboard was not functioning well so i disable it permanently by applying device restriction after that i attached external keyboard and mouse that was initially attached with laptop that's why drivers was already installed of these USB devices. Now...
  6. No usb devices are working

No usb devices are working: Hello! I installed a program for a Bluetooth driver update problem https://fr.drvhub.net/devices/bluetooth-devices/bluetooth/device-rfcomm-protocol-tdi and this program did updates on all devices and my USB devices stopped working. I turned my computer off and then turned it...
  7. USB device not working.

USB device not working.: Hello. I have had a USB Axiom 61 for a few years. It stopped working about a year ago, and i've never been able to get it back. I haven't seen this issue brought up yet, however, because when i plug it in, nothing happens. The screen on the keyboard turns on, but theres no...
  8. USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB devices not working: Hi! I have a windows 10 laptop with all the newest updates. Today, I plugged in my USB mouse, and it wouldn't work. The batteries are in, the red light is flashing, and the computer says that the device is plugged in and ready to use! I tried to use another mouse and the...
  9. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...
  10. USB devices not working

USB devices not working: Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go...