Windows 10: USB Device issue.

Discus and support USB Device issue. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi I have 2 x Dynamode WL-700N USB Wifi adapters. Which I'm testing to make sure they work. If I plug either into my Windows 10 laptop, they are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mad-panther, Jan 15, 2021.

1. USB Device issue.

Hi

I have 2 x Dynamode WL-700N USB Wifi adapters. Which I'm testing to make sure they work.

If I plug either into my Windows 10 laptop, they are detected and work fine. No issues wifi connection and all is good.

However if I plug them into my Windows 10 PC only one works. The other comes up as unknown device. I've tried removing the device from device manager and allowing it to be re detected, but this make no difference.

Any ideas how I can get this to work ?
    Thanks

submitted by /u/mad-panther
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mad-panther, Jan 15, 2021
  2. Arun B J Win User

USB Devices Don't Work Properly After Restart

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Hardware and Devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue
    is with your Devices.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and Devices.
    If the issue persist I suggest you to follow method 2.

Method 2: I suggest you to updating the latest USB devices from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to update the USB drivers:

a. Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.

b. Expand the USB driver.

c. Right-click on the USB and click on Update driver software.

d. Restart the computer and check.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jan 15, 2021
  3. USB Device not recognized.

Hello Aeko,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest USB drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the USB drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest USB drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jan 15, 2021
  4. USB Device issue.

Issue with USB ports turning off

Hi Mattx1,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

1. Does the issue occur with all the USB devices plugged in to the PC?
    2. Does the issue occur when you plug in the USB device to any of the UISB port on the PC?
    3. Did you make any changes to the PC prior to this issue?

Let us try these steps one by one to check if that makes any difference.

Step 1: Suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and check if that helps.

1. From the Settings screen, choose Update & Security.
    2. Select Troubleshoot. Look for Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter and run it.
    3. Follow the on-screen direction to complete the process and if required please apply the fix it.
    4. Once it is done, please reboot the computer and check the status.

Step 2: Suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the USB drivers on the PC to check if that helps.

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ keys, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in run window and press Enter.
    2. In Device Manager, expand "Universal Serial Bus Controllers".
    3. Right click a device under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" and click uninstall.
    4. Perform same step for other devices. When completed, restart the computer.
    All USB controllers will reinstall automatically.

Article for Reference.

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17614/automatically-diagnose-and-fix-windows-usb-problems

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes’ or ‘No’.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Jan 15, 2021
Thema:

USB Device issue.

1. USB Device issue. - Similar Threads - USB Device issue

2. BSOD and USB device issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BSOD and USB device issues: Hi, I've been having BSOD on multiple occassions with the same error message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". I have also been having issues with my USB devices mouse, keyboard, headset and controller where my usb devices will stop responding and when trying a different port...
  3. BSOD and USB device issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD and USB device issues: Hi, I've been having BSOD on multiple occassions with the same error message "DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION". I have also been having issues with my USB devices mouse, keyboard, headset and controller where my usb devices will stop responding and when trying a different port...
  4. USB midi device issue

USB midi device issue: I am having big issues with my new Asus M409DA running W10. I bought an MAudio Midisport Uno to connect and edit an amp that has midi but i keep getting the dreaded yellow triangle with an exclamation. It connects fine to my daughters Zenbook and installs into sound, video...
  5. MTP USB device issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    MTP USB device issue: I’m trying to upload footage from my GoPro hero 8 but when I plug in the USB to the camera and pc with the camera on nothing happens, I go into my device manager and it shows the GoPro but it shows it as an unknown device so I can’t even do anything with it and I can’t access...
  6. USB devices issue

USB devices issue: My USB devices show up as "unspecified" on the control panel. 144771
  7. USB Device Not Recognized Issues

USB Device Not Recognized Issues: I'm new to this forum and am trying to fix a recent problem which has been driving me crazy. I have a HP Windows 10 PC and after the computer has been on for a while, all the USB drives in the back of the PC will fail. I get a window that says "USB Device Not Recognized. The...
  8. USB Device Not Recognized Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Device Not Recognized Issues: I'm new to this forum and am trying to fix a recent problem which has been driving me crazy. I have a HP Windows 10 PC and after the computer has been on for a while, all the USB drives in the back of the PC will fail. I get a window that says "USB Device Not Recognized. The...
  9. USB device issue

USB device issue: I use an S7 for the mp3 player and I load music via Windows 10. However the USB device is not recognized now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-issue/ed5ce108-9538-4c04-8f2f-c8de910c5700
  10. MTP USB Device Issues

MTP USB Device Issues: I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 for a second time in Feb. 2016; and then was forced to do a repair install in April 2016 after a Windows 10 Update crashed my system. I always test each device (printers, external hard drives, camera, MP3 player, Windows Phone, etc.)...