Windows 10: USB device keeps on being removed

Discus and support USB device keeps on being removed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guy! I just assembled a computer a couple of weeks ago and after a few days, I was receiving a notification that a USB device keeps on being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaypels, Oct 29, 2017.

1. jaypels Win User

USB device keeps on being removed

Hi guy! I just assembled a computer a couple of weeks ago and after a few days, I was receiving a notification that a USB device keeps on being removed. The thing is, the only USB devices that are attached to the mobo are my keyboard and mouse. I tried removing and insert them again but still no avail. I thought it was just a bug and the fall creators' update would fix it but still no avail.

I tried disabling and uninstalling it via device manager but it always pops out. Any help would be appreciated

USB device keeps on being removed [​IMG]

:)

jaypels, Oct 29, 2017

2. Safe removal of USB devices doesn't work Win 10

If you have ANY programs or apps running i.e. File explorer, the device is "being used" by that program/app and so the system will not eject it either by This PC with a right click or the usb safe to remove icon. so make sure ANY are closed before attempting
    to remove usb devices.

bmw318iman, Oct 29, 2017
  3. asdhgdfds Win User
    Devices

It's not task manager i've check that . It USB Safely Remove , it helps check what is using/preventing the device from being ejected.

asdhgdfds, Oct 29, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

Did you install all the drivers for the mobo from the software/driver DVD?

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  5. sygnus21 Win User
    There are other devices in the system that use USB controllers not just those you can readily see. It might also be driver issue somewhere that's causing the USB issue.

With that, if your mouse and keyboard are still working after you get this warning they're probably not the issue. That said, check the motherboard vendor to see if they are any new chipset drivers out, and that you have them installed, as well as the latest ones.

Additionally, if your motherboard has Thunderbolt, make sure you have it's drivers installed, even if you're not using it.

Let us know.

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    You might want to correct your system specs......everything is listed in the wrong spot.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  7. jaypels Win User
    good thing you noticed! I used the systeminfo.exe from sevenforums and was assuming all is well.

Also, I downloaded the latest drivers from the website since I don't have a dvd rom.

jaypels, Oct 29, 2017
  8. jaypels Win User

If I use the windows update, will it automatically find the latest drivers for me or will I have to download it manually from Asus's website?

jaypels, Oct 29, 2017
  9. Plankton Win User
    I would go to Asus website.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  10. Plankton Win User
    Did you download/install all of them? From your attachment, it doesn't look like it.....it's why I asked in the first place.

Plankton, Oct 29, 2017
  11. sygnus21 Win User
    For your motherboard you need to go their website and get the drivers. Windows won't get all your drivers so you're need to get them. And it's best to get your motherboard and device drivers from the vendor for better compatibility and reliability with performance to follow. Something like that. You get my point I hope *Smile

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2017
  12. jaypels Win User
    gotcha. will do that later after I finish work. thank you guys!

jaypels, Oct 29, 2017
  13. sygnus21 Win User

Let us know how it goes....

Peace

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2017
  14. jaypels Win User
    I downloaded and installed all drivers from Asus and still got the same error. I uninstalled the malfunctioning driver from device manager and reinstalled it again and pointed to search for the driver to my downloads folder and still the same result

USB device keeps on being removed [​IMG]

jaypels, Oct 29, 2017
  15. sygnus21 Win User
    Did you get / do you have a driver disk for that board?

sygnus21, Oct 29, 2017
Thema:

1. USB device keeps on being removed - Similar Threads - USB device keeps

2. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  3. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removed device keeps returning: I used to use a wireless Logitech headset but it broke so I removed the device from my PC and on a restart it comes back. I've used the device manager to uninstall it but it always comes back. The dongle for it went in the bin along with the headset so I don't understand why...
  4. Removed device keeps returning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Usb device being weird.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb device being weird.: I have this usb device which usually works for my computer... Randomly it stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... But I noticed as I did that, whenever I unplug the device, the computer thinks I am plugging it in, like it makes the noise of a usb device...
  6. Usb device being weird.

Usb device being weird.: I have this usb device which usually works for my computer... Randomly it stopped working, so I unplugged it and plugged it back in... But I noticed as I did that, whenever I unplug the device, the computer thinks I am plugging it in, like it makes the noise of a usb device...
  7. Usb device being weird.

8. USB device keeps disconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  9. USB device keeps disconnecting

USB device keeps disconnecting: SInce upgrading to Win 10 , it didn't occur in win 8.1I get this 'disconnect' sound ,randomly and regularly . I have used USBDeview to find out it is the 'humaninterfacedevice' specifically '4 button ,4 axis J stick' which consists of a "RM-203 Rockfire usb/gameport...
  10. USB Devices keep disconnecting

USB Devices keep disconnecting: Hello , I have a problem with my USB devices. All devices keep disconnecting for like 1-3 seconds. This problem appeared after i reinstalled Windows. I tried a lot of fixes but it didnt work. ( tried windows 7/8.1/10 , update drivers , disable power management shuting down...