Windows 10: USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.

Discus and support USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Okay, i have tried my best to find a solution to this problem, but so far, no luck. i have a Rode USB microphone, that i have been using for a while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Fabian van den berg, Dec 29, 2018.

1. USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.

Okay, i have tried my best to find a solution to this problem, but so far, no luck.

i have a Rode USB microphone, that i have been using for a while now.

However, since a few days, at random times windows says "usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it" and the microphone is no longer seen as an audio device (however, the light on it still works, so it gets power) .

Sometimes reconnecting it works, but often not. it than refuses to work for hours or days even.

restarting the computer does nothing.

updating the USB driver through device manager, or deleting the driver and restarting, did nothing.

using the troubleshooting windows feature, didn't fix it either. it detects the problem, but can't fix it.

in device manager i can see the usb port saying:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

However, the microphone does work on another PC. i tried different USB ports on my main PC, but still no luck.

USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help. b2a3b613-cb9b-4931-ba09-0307eab91099?upload=true.jpg

I tried updating all drivers one by one on the universal serial bus controllers, did nothing.

could this somehow be a microphone problem? ( which i doubt, since it worked before, and works on another computer )

how else to fix this on Windows 10 pro 64-bit?

:)

Fabian van den berg, Dec 29, 2018

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help. :)

zarathustra2012, Dec 29, 2018
  3. USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Kantastic Win User

USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

I just got everything in my NZXT Vulcan and for some reason both oh my USB thumb drives aren't recognized, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit says if it doesn't work after replugging then it has malfunctioned and to replace the drive. This is happening on two of my thumb drives that I've verified are fine on different machines. This problem is happening for both the case's front USB ports & the motherboard ports.

I looked up this issue on the web & it says to uninstall all of your USB drivers and let Windows reinstall them, tried it and didn't work. Reset the CMOS, didn't work. Yanked the power supply cord out for about a minute, didn't work. Pretty stumped right now, anyone have any ideas?

Kantastic, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.

1. USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help. - Similar Threads - USB device malfunctioned

2. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  3. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  4. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  5. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  6. hello can anyone help me to usb device not recognized and malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hello can anyone help me to usb device not recognized and malfunctioned: hello can anyone help me to usb device not recognized and malfunctioned https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hello-can-anyone-help-me-to-usb-device-not/3e8771f8-5013-432d-bbee-9adbb4a20e03
  7. USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.

USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.: Hi there, I have a Garmin edege 510 cycling computer & when I connect this device to all my laptops & desktop it shows the same story that " The last USB device that you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". Anyone any idea how I can...
  8. USB not recognized, please help....?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB not recognized, please help....?: Hi, I am not an expert, but I know my way around a computer pretty well. My USB ports aren't working. The only ones that are working are the two I use for my keyboard and mouse... note: I have never unplugged them. I have tried everything: Updated the drivers, uninstalled...
  9. usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it: I installed windows 10 x64 on a new machine yesterday and am having a problem with some of my usb devices. simple things like my mouse (which is usb 3.0) and other user interface components which are usb 2.0 are working normal but a mass storage drive, a set of usb 3.0...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows phone device malfunctioned

2. when i try to format window show device is malfunctioned

3. usb not recognized malfunctioned ive tried everything

4. usb device malfunctioned windows 7