Windows 10: usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

Discus and support usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I installed windows 10 x64 on a new machine yesterday and am having a problem with some of my usb devices. simple things like my mouse (which is usb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by rgm113, Aug 25, 2018.

1. rgm113 Win User

usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

I installed windows 10 x64 on a new machine yesterday and am having a problem with some of my usb devices. simple things like my mouse (which is usb 3.0) and other user interface components which are usb 2.0 are working normal but a mass storage drive, a set of usb 3.0 headphones, and any thumb drives I use do not show up or even attempt to turn on. I've tried all the different plugs both on the case and the board with same results, updated all usb drivers both generic and root both from the internet search suggestion and from files on the pc with no changes. The only device I can see anywhere when plugged in is in the device manager under "unknown usb device (device descriptor request failed). I've attempted updating both ways and uninstalling and letting windows reinstall on start up all with same results. I found a suggestion to use regedit to edit the registry with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\USB. But my machine doesn't have an line like that in the local machine. Whats my next step?, oh and I have also completely updated windows with multiple restarts and rechecks for new updates. windows says its completely up to date and all usb drives with best drivers for my machine.

home build desktop

AS Rock x79 extreme 4 motherboard

intel I7 3930k CPU

32 gb corsair ram

Samsung 860 250 gb ssd c drive

Samsung 860 500gb ssd d drive

wd blue 1tb hdd e drive

wd velociraptor hdd 500gb f drive

windows 10 home 64 bit (OS build 17134.228)

used as flight sim pc

iv also completely updated windows with multiple restarts and rechecks for new updates. windows says its completely up to date and all usb drives with best drivers for my machine.

The problem occurs any time I plug in one of the devices mentioned above. some work and some don't. when I plug in the headphones I sometimes get a warning saying "the last usb device you pluged in malfunctioned and windows dose not recognize it and that and some other known good devices do not work.

:)

rgm113, Aug 25, 2018

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it :)

zarathustra2012, Aug 25, 2018
  3. USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Kantastic Win User

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

I just got everything in my NZXT Vulcan and for some reason both oh my USB thumb drives aren't recognized, Windows 7 Pro 64-bit says if it doesn't work after replugging then it has malfunctioned and to replace the drive. This is happening on two of my thumb drives that I've verified are fine on different machines. This problem is happening for both the case's front USB ports & the motherboard ports.

I looked up this issue on the web & it says to uninstall all of your USB drivers and let Windows reinstall them, tried it and didn't work. Reset the CMOS, didn't work. Yanked the power supply cord out for about a minute, didn't work. Pretty stumped right now, anyone have any ideas?

Kantastic, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

1. usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it - Similar Threads - usb device malfunctioned

2. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  3. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  4. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  5. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  6. USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.: Hi there, I have a Garmin edege 510 cycling computer & when I connect this device to all my laptops & desktop it shows the same story that " The last USB device that you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". Anyone any idea how I can...
  7. USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...: Hey Microsoft so I was using my windows 10 home laptop in this afternoon and i was using mouse and suddenly it started to acting up like the response delays when i click a button in mouse. so i removed the usb plug of the mouse and entered again. but the usb connected sound...
  8. USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.

USB device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it. please help.: Okay, i have tried my best to find a solution to this problem, but so far, no luck. i have a Rode USB microphone, that i have been using for a while now. However, since a few days, at random times windows says "usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it"...
  9. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb device malfunctioned windows 7

2. beta flight says my device has malfuntioned and does not reconize it