Windows 10: USB Device malfunctioned

Discus and support USB Device malfunctioned in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tchagas, Dec 26, 2017.

1. tchagas Win User

USB Device malfunctioned

Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2

- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP
    [ Guid] {9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}

EventID 400

Version 0

Level 4

Task 0

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x4000000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2017-12-27T19:54:48.445887300Z

EventRecordID 1044

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
    [ ThreadID] 292

Channel Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP/Configuration

Computer DESKTOP-HDAD9V2

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

DeviceInstanceId USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\5&6d75465&3&2
    DriverName usb.inf
    ClassGuid {36FC9E60-C465-11CF-8056-444553540000}
    DriverDate 06/21/2006
    DriverVersion 10.0.16299.15
    DriverProvider Microsoft
    DriverInbox true
    DriverSection BADDEVICE.Dev.NT
    DriverRank 0xff0000
    MatchingDeviceId USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE
    OutrankedDrivers usb.inf:USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE:00FF2000
    DeviceUpdated false
    Status 0x0
    ParentDeviceInstanceId USB\ROOT_HUB\4&26fca6d4&1

:)

tchagas, Dec 26, 2017
  2. deefus Win User

USB Device has malfunctioned

That'll probably be it.

I was told by the guy that has the 6680 that his cable was a DKU-5. I checked the cable required by all the other phones, but obviously shouldn't have taken him at his word.

Thanks for that.

deefus, Dec 26, 2017
  3. petrib Win User
    USB Device has malfunctioned

Have you also installed PC Suite and the latest DKU-5 (Nokia Connectivity Cable) drivers (before trying to connect the cable & phone to the PCs)?

petrib, Dec 26, 2017
  4. USB Device malfunctioned

Hi tchagas. Welcome to the Tenforums @tchagas

Have you been able to determine which device it is by removing them slowly one by one and watching device manager?

Caledon Ken, Dec 29, 2017
  5. tchagas Win User
    I uninstalled the driver Inte(R) N10/ICH7 Family USB Universal Host Controller - 27C8 Reboot and did not appear but the driver gave error.

Funny that before had uninstalled the same and continued to appear the message.

tchagas, Dec 30, 2017
  6. So you found this is a driver issue and not a bad device connected to your system?

Caledon Ken, Dec 30, 2017
  7. tchagas Win User
    Yes, it should be incompatible driver even with Windows 10.

tchagas, Dec 30, 2017
  8. USB Device malfunctioned

Did you note what version was installed.

Did this machine come with Windows 10 or 8. Might be worth checking out chipset driver on computer vendors site.

9. tchagas Win User
    It has not been installed, the Device Manager shows it uninstalled, and on the Manufacturer's website only drivers for Windows 7.

Note: Do you know where to find motherboard schematics?

tchagas, Dec 30, 2017
  10. Okay. If you scan for hardware changes windows should install the correct driver.

11. tchagas Win User
    I had done this more than twice and always came up with the error message. I will reinstall the system again and install this driver! But, last time I reinstalled the system was working, after a Windows update the problem came back.

tchagas, Dec 30, 2017
  12. Kbird Win User
    it's an old 775 Socket motherboard , so make sure you have the Drivers for the Correct Revision of the Motherboard as there are at least 4 versions.....

GA-G41MT-S2 (rev. 2.1) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

I would try the Windows 7 x64 Drivers since Win8 and Win10 has no downloads. (assuming Win10 is 64bit of course?)

I would turn Driver updates from Windows Update off too if everything is work after a reinstall of Win10, use this tutorial and the .reg files for that.

Enable or Disable Driver Updates in Windows Update in Windows 10 Windows Update Activation Tutorials

KB

Kbird, Dec 30, 2017
  13. tchagas Win User

USB Device malfunctioned

My board is version 1.3 and Windows is 32 bits.

tchagas, Dec 30, 2017
  14. Kbird Win User
    Kbird, Dec 30, 2017
  15. tchagas Win User
    Hey, My Motherboard is GA-G41MT-S2P, The one you gave me is only GA-G41MT-S2, I think it can cause problem or not?

tchagas, Dec 31, 2017
Thema:

USB Device malfunctioned

1. USB Device malfunctioned - Similar Threads - USB Device malfunctioned

2. USB device not recognised malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised malfunctioned: How do I attend to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognised-malfunctioned/fd42bdba-bf71-49f5-ad31-ee0f263dd3a3
  3. USB device not recognised malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised malfunctioned: How do I attend to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognised-malfunctioned/fd42bdba-bf71-49f5-ad31-ee0f263dd3a3
  4. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  5. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  6. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  7. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  8. USB device malfunctioned HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device malfunctioned HDD: I'm unable to access my HDD no more after a USB port power surge and from what I knew from the error notifications : - USB device is malfunctioned - In device manager there was a USB device port reset failed - The last event on that certain port reset failed was device not...
  9. USB device malfunctioned

USB device malfunctioned: I'm having a problem with my USB C hdd disconnecting for no reason while I am reading data from it. It seems to be ok when writing to it, but if I try and read data off it it will disconnect and windows will tell me it has malfunctioned. It came with a USBC to USBA adapter...
  10. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb.inf:USB\SET_ADDRESS_FAILURE:00FF2000