Windows 10: USB Device not recognised for USB Cable

Discus and support USB Device not recognised for USB Cable in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft Community, I have 2android devices which I tried to connect to my PC through USB, the one which is running by android11 connected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ARJUN2000HP, May 8, 2021.

1. USB Device not recognised for USB Cable

Dear Microsoft Community, I have 2android devices which I tried to connect to my PC through USB, the one which is running by android11 connected successfully and worked properly but other with android7 always just started charging when connected and in PC it used to show that "USB Device not recognized" I troubleshoot it but after doing that and following the steps preferred there, I got the same result, it was still prompting the same error. Please help

:)

ARJUN2000HP, May 8, 2021
  2. XRP Codius, May 8, 2021
  3. Arun B J Win User
    USB cable USB not recognised to charge samsung galaxy S5 on laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

The issue may arise if the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt or if your PC requires an update for issues that may conflict with a USB device and Windows. This may also occur if your USB controllers may
    have become unstable or corrupt. So, I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if the issue persists.

Method 1: Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Drive. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter
    Method 2:

Remove and reinstall all USB controllers.

• Press Windows key + X, click Device Manager.
    • In the list of hardware categories, find and expand
      Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click every device under the Universal Serial Bus controllers node, and then click
      Uninstall to remove them one at a time.
    • Restart the computer, and let the USB controllers get reinstalled.
    Plug in the removable USB device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.

Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, May 8, 2021
  4. USB Device not recognised for USB Cable

USB Device Not Recognised

Hi Graham,

Based on your description, the issue could already be on the USB itself. To help further isolate the issue, let's try the possible solutions to help resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

Method 1: Uninstall and then reconnect the external hard drive

This method resolves issues where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupt.

• Type Device Manager in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand the list.
    • Right-click the USB external hard drive with the issue, and select
      Uninstall.
    • After the hard drive is uninstalled, unplug the USB cable.
    • Wait for 1 minute and then reconnect the USB cable. The driver should automatically load.
    • Check for the USB drive in Windows Explorer.

Note: Connecting your USB external hard drive into a non-powered USB hub can cause a lack of enough power to operate the external drive. Instead, plug it directly into your computer.

If this method does not resolve your issue, proceed to Method 2.

Method 2: Reinstall USB controllers.

This method resolves steps where the currently loaded USB driver has become unstable or corrupted.

• Type Device Manager in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers. Right-click a device and select
      Uninstall
    • Repeat for each device.
    • Once complete, restart your computer. Your USB controllers will automatically install.
    If your problem still exists, proceed to Method 3.

Method 3: Disable USB selective suspend setting.

This method prevents your USB external drive from powering down.

• Type Power plan in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Click Change advanced power settings.
    • Select the box to expand USB Settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • On the Settings, select Disabled.
    • If you're using a laptop, select Battery, select the drop-down menu, and then select disabled.
    • Select Apply, then OK.
    If this doesn't resolve your issue, proceed to Method 4.

Method 4: Install your motherboard's latest chipset drivers.

This method updates your motherboard's chipset drivers, so your computer will recognize your USB external hard drive.

• Review your computer's documentation which should contain the name of the motherboard manufacturer.
    • Visit your computer manufacturer's support website. For a list of computer manufacturers' support sites, see Computer manufacturers' contact information.
    • Navigate their website to find the appropriate drivers for your motherboard. For assistance, contact your computer manufacturer.

If anything comes up, don't hesitate to get back to us anytime.

Martin Bar, May 8, 2021
Thema:

USB Device not recognised for USB Cable

1. USB Device not recognised for USB Cable - Similar Threads - USB Device recognised

2. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  3. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  4. USB PC interface cable not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PC interface cable not recognised: I have a diving database that I need to update which used to work fine when transferring data on my old XP, unfortunately that was many years ago but I now need to begin transferring to my old diving log. The software/old data is all there but when I connect the USB PC...
  5. USB PC interface cable not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PC interface cable not recognised: I have a diving database that I need to update which used to work fine when transferring data on my old XP, unfortunately that was many years ago but I now need to begin transferring to my old diving log. The software/old data is all there but when I connect the USB PC...
  6. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb device not recognised: hi my laptop keeps beeping and its telling me the last usb i plugged in malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognise it so i should try and plug it in again however i dont have the usb anymore....
  7. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb device not recognised: My usb memory stick has stopped working, I get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Any ideas how I might recover the data from the device?...
  8. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  10. USB device not recognised

USB device not recognised: 'The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it' This has just started happening since the last Windows update. The Laptop is fully up to date with the manufacturer's software. Every 2-3 second the warning pops up and the...