Windows 10: "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working

Discus and support "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a USB C to Ethernet adaptor so I could connect my laptop to the Ethernet. I plugged it into the laptop and was instantly connected;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PowerDj, Oct 18, 2020.

1. PowerDj Win User

"USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working

I recently bought a USB C to Ethernet adaptor so I could connect my laptop to the Ethernet. I plugged it into the laptop and was instantly connected; no problems at all. Despite this, Windows is giving me near-constant popups to tell me that the device is not recognised. Is there any way to stop these notifications from appearing?

:)

PowerDj, Oct 18, 2020

2. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Annoying pop up: "USB device not recognised"

- - -

Which version of Windows?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 18, 2020
  4. rowan17 Win User

Annoying pop up: "USB device not recognised"

Every few seconds this incredibly annoying pop-up says 'USB device not recognised'. I have never used a USB device on this lap top and I just want to get rid of this pop up (from windows explorer)! Contact support is not helpful because I cannot understand
    a word they are saying.

* Original title: Annoying pop up

* Moved from IE (other)/other

rowan17, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working - Similar Threads - USB device recognised

2. "USB Device Not recognized" error keeps popping up, but no USB device is connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "USB Device Not recognized" error keeps popping up, but no USB device is connected: Hello,Today this issue suddenly happened when I turned on my laptop: the message “USB Device Not recognized" keeps popping up. However, I do not have any USB device connected, neither have I connected any USB device in a while. I’ve done a virus check with my Anti-virus...
  3. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in: I repeated get a popup saying device not recognised error code 43 when I go into device manager regardless of if devices are plugged in. A bit later it makes a disconnect sound, and the device disappears from device manager. All devices I do plug in work fine. This started...
  4. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in

"USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in: I repeated get a popup saying device not recognised error code 43 when I go into device manager regardless of if devices are plugged in. A bit later it makes a disconnect sound, and the device disappears from device manager. All devices I do plug in work fine. This started...
  5. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up regargless of if a usb is plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. USB device not recognised keeps popping up

USB device not recognised keeps popping up: My PC keeps spamming the message "USB device not recognised" every couple seconds despite me having no devices plugged into my PC. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and uninstalling the troublesome driver but it just reappears a few seconds later.Here's what event viewer...
  7. USB device not recognised keeps popping up

USB device not recognised keeps popping up: My PC keeps spamming the message "USB device not recognised" every couple seconds despite me having no devices plugged into my PC. I've tried reinstalling my drivers and uninstalling the troublesome driver but it just reappears a few seconds later.Here's what event viewer...
  8. USB device not recognised keeps popping up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. USB device not recognised keeps persisting

USB device not recognised keeps persisting: Hi, I've looked everywhere on the internet and I can't find a working solution. I get the USB device not recognised popup with the usb connect/disconnect sound. At times it's once every few minutes, but other times it's every three seconds. In device manager it's listed as...
  10. "USB device not recognized" keeps popping up

"USB device not recognized" keeps popping up: This error message started popping up after starting my computer after it was asleep. Prior to this it was fine. I did not plug in any new USB devices. All I have plugged in is my mouse and keyboard. After unplugging both keyboard and mouse the message stops. I tried...