Windows 10: "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working

Discus and support "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a USB C to Ethernet adaptor so I could connect my laptop to the Ethernet. I plugged it into the laptop and was instantly connected;... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PowerDj, Oct 18, 2020.

1. PowerDj Win User

"USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working

I recently bought a USB C to Ethernet adaptor so I could connect my laptop to the Ethernet. I plugged it into the laptop and was instantly connected; no problems at all. Despite this, Windows is giving me near-constant popups to tell me that the device is not recognised. Is there any way to stop these notifications from appearing?

:)

PowerDj, Oct 18, 2020

2. USB devices not working after Device Manager spring clean

The USB ports started failing intermittently again and then permanently.

Reinstalled 1703 again and that fixed it for a while then they started failing again.

When I plug in any peripheral it shows up in device manager with the exclamation mark.

I right-click 'update driver'
    Choose 'browse my computer...'
    'Let me pick from a list of...'
    Select the best candidate

Then the device will work. Until it is unplugged and plugged in again...

Then we are back to square one for that device.

Are there any suggestions for kicking the USB hub back to life so it recognises ordinary USB devices like mouses and keyboards without a manual driver update?

mojorising, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Annoying pop up: "USB device not recognised"

- - -

Which version of Windows?

Don

Don Varnau, Oct 18, 2020
  4. rowan17 Win User

Annoying pop up: "USB device not recognised"

Every few seconds this incredibly annoying pop-up says 'USB device not recognised'. I have never used a USB device on this lap top and I just want to get rid of this pop up (from windows explorer)! Contact support is not helpful because I cannot understand
    a word they are saying.

* Original title: Annoying pop up

* Moved from IE (other)/other

rowan17, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. "USB device not recognised" keeps popping up despite device working - Similar Threads - USB device recognised

2. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    usb device not recognised: My usb memory stick has stopped working, I get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Any ideas how I might recover the data from the device?...
  3. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  4. USB device not recognised keeps persisting

USB device not recognised keeps persisting: Hi, I've looked everywhere on the internet and I can't find a working solution. I get the USB device not recognised popup with the usb connect/disconnect sound. At times it's once every few minutes, but other times it's every three seconds. In device manager it's listed as...
  5. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  6. USB Device not recognized Keeps popping up with a sound.

USB Device not recognized Keeps popping up with a sound.: Hello, I purchased a new PC. Motherboard is MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi. After installing OS I keep getting this notification with a connection and disconnection sound. Please help me. Attaching the screenshots of the issue. Video Link to the issue I'm facing - USB Device...
  7. USB device not recognised

USB device not recognised: 'The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it' This has just started happening since the last Windows update. The Laptop is fully up to date with the manufacturer's software. Every 2-3 second the warning pops up and the...
  8. "USB device not recognized" keeps popping up

"USB device not recognized" keeps popping up: This error message started popping up after starting my computer after it was asleep. Prior to this it was fine. I did not plug in any new USB devices. All I have plugged in is my mouse and keyboard. After unplugging both keyboard and mouse the message stops. I tried...
  9. Not recognising any USB devices

Not recognising any USB devices: Suddenly, from one day to the next, my W10 stopped to recognise any externally connected devices. I've tried using my USB hub, I've tried plugging 4 different usb->micro USB cables(to get the faulty cable out of the equation) to the front of my PC as to the back where the...
  10. "USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up

"USB device not recognised" notification keeps repeatedly flashing up: I've tried going into device manager and disabling and uninstalling to no avail. How do I get rid of this as it's repeatedly coming up and is driving me nuts *Mad Device mgr when open refreshes on each notification and show the offending unknown device. Incidentally I have...