Windows 10: USB device not recognised malfunctioned

Discus and support USB device not recognised malfunctioned in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How do I attend to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognised-malfunctioned/fd42bdba-bf71-49f5-ad31-ee0f263dd3a3 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by June Hup, May 25, 2023.

1. June Hup Win User

USB device not recognised malfunctioned

How do I attend to this

:)

June Hup, May 25, 2023

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile USB device not recognised malfunctioned :)

zarathustra2012, May 25, 2023
  3. USB Device Not Recognised

The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it.

This is the message I am getting. My other USB's work fine.

This particular one, I have tried on 2 other laptops - same message.

There are a few word docs on there only,

Best Buy want $650.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance Graham

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage

GrahamTomlinson, May 25, 2023
  4. USB device not recognised malfunctioned

usb device not recognised.

i'm running windows 10 on my pc. the os does not recognise any usb device connected and flashes a message "usb device connected not recognised" always.

the devices are all functional as i tested them by connecting elsewhere but i do always get a message saying that the device must have malfunctioned.

what could be a possible resolve to this issue?

AjaySalaskar1, May 25, 2023
Thema:

USB device not recognised malfunctioned

1. USB device not recognised malfunctioned - Similar Threads - USB device recognised

2. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  3. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  4. USB device not recognised malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised malfunctioned: How do I attend to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognised-malfunctioned/fd42bdba-bf71-49f5-ad31-ee0f263dd3a3
  5. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb device not recognised: hi my laptop keeps beeping and its telling me the last usb i plugged in malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognise it so i should try and plug it in again however i dont have the usb anymore....
  6. USB device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device malfunctioned: I'm having a problem with my USB C hdd disconnecting for no reason while I am reading data from it. It seems to be ok when writing to it, but if I try and read data off it it will disconnect and windows will tell me it has malfunctioned. It came with a USBC to USBA adapter...
  7. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  8. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  9. USB Device Malfunction

USB Device Malfunction: Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...