Windows 10: USB device not recognised Xbox one controller

Discus and support USB device not recognised Xbox one controller in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Tried everything in terms of drivers etc and can’t seem to fix it. My controller mid game of cp2077 just stopped being recognised I’ve tried another... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Scorpion18703, Dec 11, 2020.

1. USB device not recognised Xbox one controller

Tried everything in terms of drivers etc and can’t seem to fix it. My controller mid game of cp2077 just stopped being recognised I’ve tried another controller and the exact same thing “usb device not recognised” don’t really know what to do

submitted by /u/Scorpion18703
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Scorpion18703, Dec 11, 2020

2. Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Were you able to use the XBOX One controller on this computer before?
    2. Have you tried connecting the XBOX controller on a different computer?

Here are the few steps you can try to fix the issue.

1. Select Start, then Run, then type
      sysdm.cpl
      , and then select OK.
    2. On the Hardware tab, select Device Manager.
    3. When the controller is successfully installed, you see three entries in Device Manager. There should be two entries under
      Human Interface Devices:
    HID-compliant game controller

USB Human Interface Device

Additionally, there should be a third entry in under
    Microsoft Common Controller for Windows Class:

Xbox One Controller for Windows

1. If you see yellow exclamation points next to any of these entries, there's a problem with the installation.
    2. Double-click Xbox One Controller for Windows.
    On the Driver tab, select
    Update Driver and check the status of the issue.

You may also refer the suggestions from
    Catherine Cus dated August 24, 2017,
    if the above
    suggested steps doesn’t fix the issue.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Dec 11, 2020
  3. J.R5 Win User
    USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP ( It is recognising Xbox one controller and phone charger)

Thanks for the reply, It is much appreciated.

• I tried Safe boot (no luck)
    • All updates are fine.

All devices work in the second port. It just seems to be that 1 port that only recognises the xbox box controller and phone.

It just wont pick up mouse or keyboard. I'm going to try and see if any external drives will be picked up.

I could just buy USB splitter for the port that's recognising everything , but the problems really racking my brains.

I know that if it was a USB hardware issue , nothing wold be getting picked up at all.

The keyboard worked in the port for a day then just stopped recognising it.

4. USB device not recognised Xbox one controller

Xbox One controller not working wireless - Device could not be migrated

This thread from Reddit may help you. It appears that the Xbox One controllers can utilize two drivers; Xbox One Controller, and Microsoft Xbox One Controller.

The thread has other troubleshooting steps, but the two main (and most popular/successful steps appear to be as follows)

Method 1

Method 2

Hopefully this helps. If not, there's something else awry, and other troubleshooting may be needed.

EDIT: Per the asker's request;

I'm not sure if this solved it or if it was just a weird side effect of changing the drivers version forward and backward again. When connected via USB cable it said "Xbox controller", changed that to "Xbox gaming device", unplugged the USB cable, and the wireless stuff started to work for whatever reason... No idea why!

Kaizerwolf, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

USB device not recognised Xbox one controller

1. USB device not recognised Xbox one controller - Similar Threads - USB device recognised

2. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  3. Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.: The controller drivers are up to date, I am using the correct cable I have tried multiple controllers, cables and usb.When I plug in the controller I get a notification saying USB device not recognised. On the device settings it says its a driver error it also says "Unknown...
  4. Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.: The controller drivers are up to date, I am using the correct cable I have tried multiple controllers, cables and usb.When I plug in the controller I get a notification saying USB device not recognised. On the device settings it says its a driver error it also says "Unknown...
  5. Windows is unable to recognise Wired USB Xbox one controller.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. XBox Series X controller will not connect via USB - device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBox Series X controller will not connect via USB - device not recognised: Hi, I bought a new Xbox series S/X controller and have connected it to my Windows 10 PC up to date running 20H2 and am having problems: Connection via USB - I get the following error message, and cannot for the life of me find a driver download: [ATTACH] I've...
  7. USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP It is recognising Xbox one controller...

USB port not recognising Mouse or Keyboard on LAPTOP It is recognising Xbox one controller...: I have already tried. Power settings. BIOS settings. Updating drivers, removing ghost devices ,installing drivers again. Reset the computer with a clean install. Using different mouse/keyboard in the port but still not being recognised. However ,XBOX One controllers...
  8. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...
  10. Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC

Xbox One controller not recognised by windows 10 PC: Hi. When I plug in and turn on an xbox controller to the powered USB slot in my PC, it vibrates and the xbox light flashes, but beyond that, nothing happens. It doesn't work, obviously. Here's what I've done: Run the device troubleshooter Use every single USB port...