Windows 10: USB device not recognised

Discus and support USB device not recognised in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 'The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it' This has just started happening since the last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HP Spectre laptop User, Jul 12, 2019.

1. USB device not recognised

'The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it'

This has just started happening since the last Windows update. The Laptop is fully up to date with the manufacturer's software. Every 2-3 second the warning pops up and the machine makes a warning noise plus the USB connect / disconnect sound.

The only device plugged in is a USB-C docking station which is working normally. There is a USB keyboard / mouse and camera plugged into the docking station.

On device manager there are no yellow warning triangle against anything.

I have uninstalled the USB root hubs and restarted the computer

sfc /scanow has been sun

USB notifications have been turned off in USB settings - this stopes the warning notice but not the continued connection / disconnection sound

Out of ideas now.

:)

HP Spectre laptop User, Jul 12, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Jul 12, 2019
  3. ItWit Win User
    USB Devices not recognised.

I have two devices that regularly are not properly recognized by Windows 10 one is a Garmin GPS and the other is a DJI Phantom Drone. In the case of the Garmin the USB Drives are recognised by Windows (Confirmed using USBDEVIEW) but the software does
    not recognise the device and continues to search for it.

In the DJI case it seems to recognise the device but the software cannot access the Drone information i.e. Version Numbers etc. It also often reports errors on the SD Card inserted into the Drone but no errors are reported if the SD Card is inserted into
    a card reader.

Any suggestions that I can try would be appreciated.

ItWit, Jul 12, 2019
  4. USB device not recognised

USB device not recognized spam

Hi Kyle,

You may receive this error if one of your USB connected devices is not properly recognized by the system. Let's try the troubleshooting steps provided by
    Krishna Prasobh V on this
    thread

In addition, we suggest that you turn off the notifications from the USB by following these steps:

• Open Settings by typing "settings" in Cortana's search box.
    • Click on Devices.
    • Locate USB and toggle the switch to Off.
    Keep us updated with the status of your concern and we'll be glad to assist you further.

Katrina Men, Jul 12, 2019
Thema:

USB device not recognised

1. USB device not recognised - Similar Threads - USB device recognised

2. USB 2.0 device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 2.0 device not recognised: I have a new Windows server 2019 machine which I am accessing remotely. There is a USB 2.0 licence dongle plugged into one of the main board USB ports device has power due to illuminated LED. The drivers for this device have been installed however I cannot see the device in...
  3. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  4. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  5. USB port not recognising devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB port not recognising devices: Hi, I've tried to use my single USB-3 port on my laptop ASUS Zenbook and noticed that the laptop isn't recognising anything being in the port. No sounds or notifications and nothing comes up in file explorer. I've tried multiple USBs in it, including a mouse, and none work so...
  6. USB Device not recognised for USB Cable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device not recognised for USB Cable: Dear Microsoft Community, I have 2android devices which I tried to connect to my PC through USB, the one which is running by android11 connected successfully and worked properly but other with android7 always just started charging when connected and in PC it used to show that...
  7. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb device not recognised: hi my laptop keeps beeping and its telling me the last usb i plugged in malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognise it so i should try and plug it in again however i dont have the usb anymore....
  8. usb device not recognised

usb device not recognised: My usb memory stick has stopped working, I get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Any ideas how I might recover the data from the device?...
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  10. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...