Windows 10: USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I run Windows 10 version 1903. For two days now I have desperately tried to install a USB driver to run my programming software for my HAM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Klauwaart, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Klauwaart Win User

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I run Windows 10 version 1903.

For two days now I have desperately tried to install a USB driver to run my programming software for my HAM radio, the driver is provided by the manufacturer (Retevis).

However, every time I get the same result: "USB Device not recognised (Device Descriptor Request Failed)".

I have tried anything and everything to try and put this right by following advice I looked up: updating Generic Hub drivers, Root Hub Drivers, Updating the bad driver, unbinstalling USB drivers, literally everything.

I am really at my wit's end now.

Can any one offer me a solution so I could make the driver work, please?

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards.

:)

Klauwaart, Oct 3, 2019
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 3, 2019
  3. eidairaman1, Oct 3, 2019
  4. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware.

May I please know, How to get rid of this issue?

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

PREMPAUL J, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro

1. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - USB Device Recognized

2. USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello!I have been using an Xbox 360 controller on my Windows 10 Laptop for several months. However, recently my device keeps saying it cannot be recognized, this happens even while in the middle of using the controller. The problem has been fixed from time to time but keeps...
  3. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  4. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  5. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  6. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...
  9. "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

"USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...: Hi, I sporadically gets the "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed"; however, while I have 6 USB devices connected, none of them seem to be the cause of the error. When I use devmgmt.msc to get the Hardware Ids, the value is simply...
  10. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed: When my girlfriend connects external USB device to any of the USB ports on Windows 10 Home she gets message: USB Device Not Recognized. She can not charge USB device via USB port. I went to device manager and under USB Controllers I see following: Unknown USB Device (...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows ignore device descriptor failed

2. windows 10 lumia phone device descriptor request failed

3. android phone device descriptor request failed windows 10

4. device descriptor request failed while using internal webcam in win 10,
  5. phone not recognised via usb connection device descriptor request failed,
  6. windows 10 recognise windows phone descriptor request failed,
  7. device descriptor request failed windows 10