Windows 10: USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

Discus and support USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello dear community : I have a problem with my HP laptop 15-dw1xxx with a Intel core i5-10210U 1.60 GHz, MS Windows 10 home, 64bit. Suddenly, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by eliaswisdom, Apr 21, 2021.

1. USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

Hello dear community :

I have a problem with my HP laptop 15-dw1xxx with a Intel core i5-10210U 1.60 GHz, MS Windows 10 home, 64bit.

Suddenly, I got the notification "USB device not recognized" although no USB device has been changed in that moment. Besides, there is the notification sound as if I would plug in and out a USB device. The sound and the notification are appearing non-stop in a 2-3 second period. No USB device has been changed while this occurred and all are working.

Removing all USB devices did not change the issue.

Ways how I tried to fix this but did not change the issue:

-Remove all USB devices, plug them in and out

-Reboot cold reboot, without the charger, with the charger, safe boot

-Try to update drivers of IntelR USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft, as well as for the USB Root Hub USB 3.0 but they seem to all be up to date.

-Disable the USB controller or root hub - this clears the issue but also logically disables the USBs which is not an acceptable solution since the USB ports work, despite there is this false notification

-Uninstall the drivers of the controller and root hub, then restart

-Did the same with the tool "USB deview"

-Repeat all of this many times with countless restarts

-Restore windows to a point in the past

-Reinstall windows

None of these could solve the issue, which leaves me behind frustrated :/ I finally turned off the notification sound as well as the pop-up. This is a kind of "symptomatic" solution, since at least the USB devices work normally. The problem, however, of course persists and I can see a USB symbol appearing and disappearing in the right end of the taskbar.

I would be happy about any ideas how to fix this problem. In case I forgot any information do not hesitate to ask me. Thank you in advance!

:)

eliaswisdom, Apr 21, 2021

2. USB device not recognized

hi...
    I am facing a problem. Even if I plug in my pen drive into my computer, then my computer is not reading it. I am getting the error message "USB device not recognized"?

ashleysimpson052, Apr 21, 2021
  3. DRDNA Win User
    USB device not recognized

Does this also happen on a different PC as well?

DRDNA, Apr 21, 2021
  4. USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in :)

zarathustra2012, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in

1. USB device not recognized error although nothing plugged in / all devices work if plugged in - Similar Threads - USB device recognized

2. My audio output device is not shown on Device manger although it is plugged in It works on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My audio output device is not shown on Device manger although it is plugged in It works on...: Click on the speaker icon and https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-audio-output-device-is-not-shown-on-device/1cc49484-82ef-4007-b720-1f6435ae5a90
  3. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  4. Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port

Windows does not recognize devices plugged into the USB port: Windows cannot recognize any device being plugged into the USB port. Doesn't make any difference if it 2.0 or 3.0. I went into device manager and uninstalled Intel USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller-1.10Microsoft, USB Composite Device, USB Root Hub 3.0 rebooted drivers...
  5. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  6. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing: I've tried a lot of things, but nothing seems to work, i know the USB ports work since when i plug my phone in it starts to charge. but it doesnt know that its plugged in to a computer. I've tried checking the drivers, but there are no slots Mouse, Phone so i cant update...
  7. Plugging in USB devices does absolutely nothing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. USB device not recognized when plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  9. USB device not recognized when plugged in

USB device not recognized when plugged in: When i plug in a usb stick into my laptop it makes a noise as though it knows it's there but won't display the contents. I've looked a loads of you tube videos which didn't solve the problem but i have noticed that I have a generic USB hub file listed under Universal Serial...
  10. USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device not recognized - With no USB devices plugged in: Just built a new gaming rig Sunday, haven't had a lot of time to mess around with it but Monday night and Tuesday morning the only issues I had were with some slow networking. Tuesday evening a new problem cropped up - constant USB device connected/disconnected sounds,...