Windows 10: "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...

Discus and support "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; "USB Device not recognized: The last USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." is appearing in my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BikramNagarkoti, Feb 16, 2020.

1. "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...

"USB Device not recognized: The last USB device you connected to this computer is malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it." is appearing in my screen in every 3 seconds. Is there any way to stop it.

:)

BikramNagarkoti, Feb 16, 2020

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned... :)

zarathustra2012, Feb 16, 2020
  3. Cefizelj' Win User
    "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it."

When I attach USB Stick to my computer I get the following message: "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it."

This USB Stick is working fine when attached to other computers or devices only on this one computer isn't recognized.

Device Manager is showing "Exclamation Mark" when this Stick is attached to USB port. If I unplug it, "Exclamation Mark" disappears.

"USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned... d6975fff-a386-4db2-80df-429ac8e0b9de.jpg

Can you tell me, please, what should I do to fix this issue, USB Stick to be recognized again on this computer. Thank you!

Cefizelj', Feb 16, 2020
  4. "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...

USB Device Not Recognized (Malfunctioned)

Just had this problem recently, a cmos clear corrected it. One item you can check to see is if the bios recognizes anything by loading its "boot from" menu and checking for any USB mass storage listed.

JrRacinFan, Feb 16, 2020
Thema:

"USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned...

1. "USB Device not recognized: One of the devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned... - Similar Threads - USB Device recognized

2. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  3. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  4. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  5. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  6. USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device malfunctioned & windows does not recognize it.: Hi there, I have a Garmin edege 510 cycling computer & when I connect this device to all my laptops & desktop it shows the same story that " The last USB device that you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it". Anyone any idea how I can...
  7. USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...

USB Not Recognized, The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and...: Hey Microsoft so I was using my windows 10 home laptop in this afternoon and i was using mouse and suddenly it started to acting up like the response delays when i click a button in mouse. so i removed the usb plug of the mouse and entered again. but the usb connected sound...
  8. One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not...

One of the usb device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not...: Each time I start the Computer I get an Error in the Message Centre One of the USB device attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and windows does not recognise it. I have tried using Driver Easy to look for a solution and it did find some that were out of date it has...
  9. "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned": Could this be a near-death keyboard, or bad drivers? My Razer Deathstalker is nearly 6 years old since purchase, and only a week ago it started shutting down (mostly on idle, not mid-work) even before the message pops up. The LEDs light up, but the keys don't do any input....
  10. usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it

usb device malfunctioned and windows does not recognize it: I installed windows 10 x64 on a new machine yesterday and am having a problem with some of my usb devices. simple things like my mouse (which is usb 3.0) and other user interface components which are usb 2.0 are working normal but a mass storage drive, a set of usb 3.0...