Windows 10: USB Device Not Supported

Discus and support USB Device Not Supported in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has become another frustrating Windows10 problem. Suddenly getting note that the last USB device I installed isn't recognized, or words to that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PapaDoc_677, Mar 12, 2019.

1. USB Device Not Supported

This has become another frustrating Windows10 problem. Suddenly getting note that the last USB device I installed isn't recognized, or words to that effect.

I have followed recommendations to delete USB devices and that didn't work.

I have checked for new drivers for all and that didn't work. All drivers are reported as good.

I have four external hard drives, a Logitech camera, and a wireless mouse that continue to work as they should.

So, can someone tell me what the heck this warning is all about?

:)

PapaDoc_677, Mar 12, 2019
  2. Breit Win User

USB printing support

does anyone know if there is a way to kick that 'USB printing support' out of my device manager?
    i have a usb hub and if that hub is connected i have an unknown device called 'unknownprinter' which is connected to the usb printing support. i don't need that usb printing support an i don't want any unknown devices in my device manager so i have do get rid of that 'usb printing support'.
    any suggestions?

--breit

Breit, Mar 12, 2019
  3. USB Printing Support Properties Device not migrated

Hi Keith,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

This could be due to the USB driver is outdated.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

1. Press “Windows key + X”.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

3. Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

4. Select
    “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.

5. Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: I would suggest you to disable and re-enable the USB controllers. The following steps will uninstall all the USB controllers and then re-install them:

1. Press Windows+R,
    Run box will open.

2. Type “devmgmt.msc”
    without quotes, and then click OK. Device Manager opens.

3. Expand
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: You might have to scroll down the list to find this item.

4. Right click the first USB controller under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click Uninstall to remove it.

5. Repeat step 4 for each USB controller that is listed under
    Universal Serial Bus controllers.

Note: Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Mar 12, 2019
  4. USB Device Not Supported

USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

I took a snapshot of and highlighted the rows of interest in DevManView

It shows Epson drivers installed. It also shows USB Printing Support drivers installed (the second of the two USB Print Support rows is for your Epson printer). But it also says the printer wasn't detected at the time you ran the tool. Sorry, I forgot to have you turn on printer on before running the report. Sorry.
    Could you please run again with printer turned on?
    1. When you turn printer on/off are you hearing the USB connect/disconnect "ding-dong" sounds?
    2. Open Device Manager. Show hidden devices.
      • Anything change under the Printer or USB Categories as you turn printer on/off
      • When you turn the printer on, do you see an Unknown Device under USB?

USB Device Not Supported [​IMG]

ComputerGeek, Mar 12, 2019
Thema:

USB Device Not Supported

1. USB Device Not Supported - Similar Threads - USB Device Supported

2. USB port stops supporting USB hub; works great with single devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port stops supporting USB hub; works great with single devices: Hello, I have a USB hub/ethernet-adapter I have been using in a port on my laptop closest to ethernet accessibility. Recently, it has stopped functioning in this port. It does not show up, it does not load the driver, it is unusable. The mouse and keyboard I have used in the...
  3. USB 3.0 device supports USB Attached SCSI UAS

USB 3.0 device supports USB Attached SCSI UAS: Hello, Running Windows 10 Pro 64 bits ver 1904 on a Gigabyte B85M-HD3 Mb Uefi dual Bios. My 120 Gb SSD is parted in 3 NTFS partition MBR. I have a 2 Tb USB Disk seems to be a SCSI device, in Peripheral manager My system supports UASP but impossible to access this disk...
  4. USB Driver Support

USB Driver Support: Hello All I have an issue with Windows 10 64 bit, and the Generic USB hub driver provided by Microsoft. The problem seems to be isolated to only a few PC's, as I did verify that the driver usbhub3.sys installed correctly and worked as expected on another Windows 10 PC....
  5. USB Printing Support

USB Printing Support: when i connected Printronix S809 USB cable into the PC, the USB Printing supports in the device manager gets yellow color ! mark and when update the drivers from the Microsoft Updates its get installed, next day when we power on the desktop again its gives same error and...
  6. HELP! 2nd try for "USB Printing Support is an older USB device"

HELP! 2nd try for "USB Printing Support is an older USB device": Seven days ago I posted: "USB Printing Support is an older USB device I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0." I've tried every fix I...
  7. USB Printing Support is an older USB device

USB Printing Support is an older USB device: I can't print and I am getting the error message "USB Printing Support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0>' and "USB Printing Support can't work with USB 3.0." I've tried every fix I could find and nothings worked. Windows 10 can't find the restore file...
  8. USB drivers for devices without current manufacturer's support.

USB drivers for devices without current manufacturer's support.: My Samsung Blue Ray Disc player and my Hisense 3D Smart TV are no longer recognized due to Microsoft deleting the current drivers for them from your system. The old drivers work fine and were supported until this week when you deleted them from the current support system. I...
  9. USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

USB printing support is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: I get this message when trying to use a Brother HL-5040 printer with my new Dell 3470 PC. The printer has worked for some days, then stops working with no known reason that I can identify. It's listed under "printers" but when I send a document to print there's nothing in...
  10. USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager

USB Printing Support Missing From Device Manager: A problem has just occurred when I can no longer use my Epson XP-520 printer, as the USB Printer Support is no longer showing in the Device Manager and therefore, unable to install the driver. The only way I can user printer is via the network driver. How do I correct this...